• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sprites by Saphron

More

dqY1eQM.png

mLcAdUw.png

wDy15tR.png

QvsbHKS.png

LxhSNy5.png

6BIcBZU.png
Imo, that new medivia sprites you can select those on your pc and delete it, cuz maaan, thats sucks, it is sad, but is true, u've been making sprites for a long time and just doesn't improve man.. I wonder why they even pay you for that, i mean well, some of the creatures you can save, but the environment, jesuus!

Imo, that new medivia sprites you can select those on your pc and delete it, cuz maaan, thats sucks, it is sad, but is true, u've been making sprites for a long time and just doesn't improve man.. I wonder why they even pay you for that, i mean well, some of the creatures you can save, but the environment, jesuus!
Hello,

just pointing out that Saphron isn't the one to be cursed at in this case, he didn't destroy anything, you're putting the blame on the wrong end, while he's sitting there and working his ass off to create over 3k sprites with animations and what not, you're just sad with the development of Medivia itself, which is totally understandable, why instead of coming here and shitposting about sprite-quality (which in my view is one of the best we have around) don't you sit down, learn how to sprite and come up with something better?

There are many developers (including me) that would love to have the whole game covered up with new / better looking sprites and we simply cannot afford them.

If you want to play tibia with original sprites just hit any open tibia server list and search for one, we have plenty of servers going on.

Coming here to make a constructive critic is totally fine, but at the time you say you wonder why Saphron gets paid for spriting a whole game you're putting yourself in the blame position, you gave Medivia money so they can do that, if you're not happy you can always refund your cash.

@Saphron Keep up the good work, even though you don't release sprites for free I always enjoy to see your work.

Best wishes,
Okke

Hello,

just pointing out that Saphron isn't the one to be cursed at in this case, he didn't destroy anything, you're putting the blame on the wrong end, while he's sitting there and working his ass off to create over 3k sprites with animations and what not, you're just sad with the development of Medivia itself, which is totally understandable, why instead of coming here and shitposting about sprite-quality (which in my view is one of the best we have around) don't you sit down, learn how to sprite and come up with something better?

There are many developers (including me) that would love to have the whole game covered up with new / better looking sprites and we simply cannot afford them.

If you want to play tibia with original sprites just hit any open tibia server list and search for one, we have plenty of servers going on.

Coming here to make a constructive critic is totally fine, but at the time you say you wonder why Saphron gets paid for spriting a whole game you're putting yourself in the blame position, you gave Medivia money so they can do that, if you're not happy you can always refund your cash.

@Saphron Keep up the good work, even though you don't release sprites for free I always enjoy to see your work.

Best wishes,
Okke
I actually do better sprites than him, I just didn't posted one yet, but I'm not mad with the game itself, the sprites are just not good at all. They are raw, dont have the bright they could have, yeyeye making alot of sprites blablabla, that just a excuse to do bad work? A good artist always will make he best work in every piece, thats what made a GOOD artist. Rushing things to earn more money and resulting in uggly works wont have a good feedback, and I bet you, ALOT of people share my thoughts.

Jack, Its quite funny to see such childish and ignorant attidue from another artist :D

The reason why some things dont look as good as they could, is simply because of deadlines. The time in which I had to finish creating all sprites from scratch and new ones for new continent was one year. That wasnt enough time to make everything perfectly, after update there is a time to take care of it. Dont be so simple minded about such topics, it makes you look like a fool :)
Have a good one!

Saphron, you're kind of person who can't take any criticism. Whenever someone claims your work as ghastly, they are your haters. How come? Every work has its bad and good opinions, either leave it there or deal it with correct formality just because of your reputation which is degrading right now.

Before you join Medivia, I acknowledge that Shadowsong has done really good work and specially with people's opinion regarding to his/her work. I am not saying that you should become one like him, however, try to see the difference side and you'll admit that you could've handled well this "situation".

Regarding to your work, I won't lie. They're awful, man. However, I appreciate your hours of dedication into this and what I come up to is Medivia owner's decision to hire you for this kind of sprites and that's what we should be against to, not you. The fact is, it is hard for people who are used to original Tibia to accept this change but maybe not for those who enjoy RPG / World of WarCraft and so on.

In case you come up with "childish" and "ignorant" response, I want to say that your work is appreciated but it is not suitable for this kind of server which regular Tibian players used to enjoy. You should have joined some Dragon Ball Z server owner. Good luck.

Well if this:

"Imo, that new medivia sprites you can select those on your pc and delete it, cuz maaan, thats sucks, it is sad, but is true, u've been making sprites for a long time and just doesn't improve man.. I wonder why they even pay you for that, i mean well, some of the creatures you can save, but the environment, jesuus!"

Isnt a hateful toxic comment then I dont know what is. There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and plain hate, if you dont see it well, its not my problem really. As for listening to critique, and improving things listening to feedback, I do that all the time, all recent hotfixes are completely based on what people want and how would they see certain things. So that argument is definitely invalid. I dont claim all people who provide negative critique are haters, but in this situation that definitely is the case.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I also had to recreate all the Tibia sprites and I'm doing it for 2 years already and it's not done yet. It's important to have some time to do sprites carefully so they will not only be different, but also better than the original. But it's quite different with Saphron, who had to change so many sprites in just a year. For me it's no question it's rather impossible to provide best quality possible in this time. He has finished it and Medivia looks fresh right now. Is it better or worse than before? It's up to people who play there, but I'm sure it's much better to care about identity of your server and having so many custom sprites is a good step.

I wouldn't blame Saphron for that, he did great job considering the circumstances. And I'm sure he is capable of doing even better job as long as there won't be time pressure anymore. I hope people in charge of Medivia understand it because in my opinion that's the problem in this situation - I've read so many opinions on the forums and fanpages and people are quite happy with the changes, they don't like specific things such as outfits which can be fixed.

I also had to recreate all the Tibia sprites and I'm doing it for 2 years already and it's not done yet. It's important to have some time to do sprites carefully so they will not only be different, but also better than the original. But it's quite different with Saphron, who had to change so many sprites in just a year. For me it's no question it's rather impossible to provide best quality possible in this time. He has finished it and Medivia looks fresh right now. Is it better or worse than before? It's up to people who play there, but I'm sure it's much better to care about identity of your server and having so many custom sprites is a good step.

I wouldn't blame Saphron for that, he did great job considering the circumstances. And I'm sure he is capable of doing even better job as long as there won't be time pressure anymore. I hope people in charge of Medivia understand it because in my opinion that's the problem in this situation - I've read so many opinions on the forums and fanpages and people are quite happy with the changes, they don't like specific things such as outfits which can be fixed.
Exactly. It's not like the current one's that people don't like cannot be improved in the near future.

As Saphron's predecessor, I've also been faced with many of these challenges in Medivia development, so before you bash him, try to understand some things.
If some sprites look bad, the skill of the author may not be the sole reason. I'm not trying to make a cop-out here, these are facts and here are some of the factors that could be applied to this situation:

First of all, I can't imagine the amount of work he had to do to replace the sprites of the entire game within such a short timespan.
Such pressure can tackle entire teams of people at once, sometimes bringing whole projects to ruin, let alone a single member.
This is already a major handicap for anyone, not just artists. Working under pressure is exhausting and stressful, and simply can not result in greatness.
I think the decisions that lead to this situation could've been handled better by Medivia team, but then again, it is not mine to question the executive decisions over there.

Another big thing is the Medivia style. Medivia has demands for a very very unique style that probably nobody else in the community is gonna ask you to do. The sprites have to look old, serious, dark, to fit the Medivia fantasy. But if you're thinking 7.4 style, then you're wrong.
Medivia wants an unique style. They have to be 'a bit more modern looking' than 7.4 , but not too modern looking to the point where they would seem like they belong in a different game.
It's a very niche style which has to be defined and developed by Medivia's artist. There is no tool in the world which you can use to practice this other than raw experience with it, so give it time. But proper time, not this "rushing under the pressure of the world crumbling before you" time. Let Saphron get under its skin and the results will keep getting increasingly better.

I was fortunate enough that I began when no other custom environments for Medivia had been built, so I had the opportunity to lay down the foundation for it. However, even that foundation had to fit with the rest of the existing environment at the time, so I couldn't deviate too far with the style either. Saphron had to deal with not 1 layer of this issue, but two, since there were both original and my own sprites that needed replacing.

I was convinced when Saphron took over, that he would instantly do everything better than I did, because Saphron's spriting style inherently is much closer to what Medivia wants.
I had to deliberately make some of my sprites worse (in my opinion) in order to get them to look fit for Medivia. Imagine that concept of having to make your work worse in order to make it better. That's paradoxical.

Between the first publication of the update and today, Saphron has already shown he's willing to listen to the community ideas and proposals, but comments that contain only insults and no feedback that can be used to make improvements serve for nothing other than to demotivate the artist.

If Konrad wanted, he could've skipped both me and Saphron and just went for some other proven artist from another community that has nothing to do with OTs. However, he invested in people from within our community and built us from noobs into decent spriters. This makes both Medivia and this community as a whole better, because even if we're not working for Medivia, we'll be a part of this community and we'll have meaningful skill to contribute within it. There's something very positive about that. You're all here on this forum for OTs, so if this guy is single handedly creating one of the most custom OT based games ever, and also investing in the members of the community while at it, he should be thanked, not bashed on for his decisions.

The player expectations are also wild on Medivia. You don't know what to expect from these guys. Some of the shittest sprites I've made have been well received in Medivia community, and some of the sprites that I thought were good were absolutely hated. So go figure. Probably has to do with my previous point about that paradox.

There is a lot of points to be made here, but I think this post has already gone on long enough. Sorry to see that the initial experience for you was more-less negative like this, Saphron, but trust me that it only keeps getting better after the initial shit has passed and you get some time to improve in areas you figure out are lacking. Looking forward to see more :)

Jack just said his opinion, dont need to be butthurt. I like many of ur sprittes, some people dont. Just let it be

You are a good spriter, you do some good pieces, you have a better technique and put on the canvas some solid work, as that said, YOU REALLY think that saphron pieces, even that one he have done with time, are good? Dude the guy have like 10 sprites that you can see and say "oh, that's ok".

Work on pressure is part of the work, imo thats not an excuse to do bad work. If you are good you can do not much detailed pieces, but yet, reasonable good shade, right perspective. If you post more regular sprites here, maybe I can give you a revie and edit it, to teach a thing or two to you saphron.

I think that do what saphron did is epic, must be like 20000 items? and who knows how many work on each, angles, shapes, tecnique etc... im agree with shadowsong, it's medivia, and has to be an "old" tibia style and look like very pretty difficult because tibia on 7.4-7.6 has very poor ammount of items, saphron a question for you: how many time tooks you make all this srpites/outfits, items editing?
Im just now entering on the world of sprite making, and i've don't done any outfit yet, and it is hard start, i think that each persson make his own way on the tecnique but maybe an advice from someone with expereince can helps.
And another question, i dont know if is a rumor or true, is true that medivia was sue by cipsfot and force them to re-make all the srpites again or they can be shutdown?

Last edited:
I think that do what saphron did is epic, must be like 20000 items? and who knows how many work on each, angles, shapes, tecnique etc... im agree with shadowsong, it's medivia, and has to be an "old" tibia style and look like very pretty difficult because tibia on 7.4-7.6 has very poor ammount of items, saphron a question for you: how many time tooks you make all this srpites/outfits, items editing?
Im just now entering on the world of sprite making, and i've don't done any outfit yet, and it is hard start, i think that each persson make his own way on the tecnique but maybe an advice from someone with expereince can helps.
And another question, i dont know if is a rumor or true, is true that medivia was sue by cipsfot and force them to re-make all the srpites again or they can be shutdown?

That took me a whole year :D

And rumours shall be rumours.

Back