• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spriting Gallery By Progenosis

Progenosis

Reaction score
I've decided to start spriting, since I've read that a good way to start is by modifying an already made sprite, that's what I did, from now on I'll show you modified sprites by me and also some 100% self made sprites.

If I show a modified sprite I'll mark it with [MDF] (So, I give credits to the original owner of the base sprite I use and modify) and if I show a 100% self made sprite I'll mark it with [OWN].

I hope you like my spriting and I'm open to receive feedback

Greetings!

These all are [MDF]

Original:
rodd_zps3946cc1e.gif

Then:
rod_zpsbfd28850.gif

Original:
mazzzo1_zpsfba5cdbe.png

Then:
mazosp_zps51497d90.gif

Original:
sword1_zpsd423d9ba.png

Then:
swordsp_zps05671b82.gif

Original:
ass_zps1f17cfd9.png

Then:
garra_zps09d3a45d.gif

Original:
axx_zps0ca6c868.png

Then:
club_zps2ea8da54.gif

Feedback please!

Last edited:
The first one is too bright, the second one has a really stiff animation - should be more fluent / maybe make it go like Frame1 -> Frame2 -> Frame3 -> Frame2 instead of just the first three. The last one also look badly shaded but the animation is okay. The sword and the claw are the nicest, looking great! :]

Also if you didn't create the original sprites from scratch, you can't let other people use them even if you made a modification of it - it's still not your work, you just edited it. Keep that in mind.

Hope to see more from you, good luck with spriting!

Last edited:
Nice feedback Shadowsong! Thanks

I'll retouch some of those sprites to better. And you are right concerning to permisions, so here I go:

The chance to use or not use the modified sprites depend on the original owner.
You are able to use and share only my 100% self made sprites.

I would leave you a more detailed feedback but I'm currently very busy. I made some other nice little 'tutorials' if you need some advice on how to make gems or blades for example, just look around other people's threads. Cheers

Back