• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

STOP MAKING OT's AND JOIN A PROJECT!

I see some experienced members have added their input and I guess I should aswell.

I believe there's no reason to hate on people who start "projects" or servers. I mean swedish people know what reason "Existenz" exists for... I find 98% of the posts in Discussion having the same "effect". No matter if their intention is to scam users, make a profit or become famous I cant see those as invalid reasons to create an OT, as long as you are honest about it.

Skills aint needed, dedication aint needed, good-looking website or great ideas (like Orcs vs. Humans) aint needed. It's up to the creator to produce something that pleases the end user... Or well, if they believe they are doing right when they actually arent there is no need to get hysterical over it, just laugh, sob or go see a live concert justin bieber LIVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!

I can rant moar, but im not going to, just gonna make annoying replies to those who think they have the right to set the rules of the universe for OTHERS.

What is success? Are you the one to make that decision?

@up are you for real?

Go post boost somewhere else. Infact don't. Just be quiet lol.

@up are you for real?

Go post boost somewhere else. Infact don't. Just be quiet lol.

Oh these kiddos these days : (, I'm not sure if you're serious or not.. Could you please explain what you're referring to? And post boost? you mean increasing a post count? so my membership of 2 years+ have given me abit over a hundred posts, while your 5 months long has atleast 400?:) Makes sense..

@hxzr

Its his point of view, not a fact :S

Exactly what I'm sayin. It's sad.

Oh these kiddos these days : (, I'm not sure if you're serious or not.. Could you please explain what you're referring to? And post boost? you mean increasing a post count? so my membership of 2 years+ have given me abit over a hundred posts, while your 5 months long has atleast 400?:) Makes sense..

Exactly what I'm sayin. It's sad.

What are you referring to as sad?

5 months long has atleast 400?:) Makes sense..

Haha, look at my post areas and it just means i have been active on the forum.

Also i have been around this community for about 4 years, with different accounts over the total time.

And it is not sad, there are a number of individuals that agree with me, aswell as those who don't.

I did not say everyone of you posts are post boosting so GTFO with that comment.

If you read the whole thread, then you will realise i did not "rage on all noob members" "i am not worrying"

Kids, not kiddos? WTF is that a freddo/kid. ? Chocolate kid?

As for the thread, it is my opinion which i am fully allowed to express with and/or without the backing or shared opinion of others.

It seems throughout my thread 50% agree, 50% disagree, those who seem to disagree generally lack posts (i know post count means nothing, but GENERALLY it shows new members). The general concensus (or w,e the spelling is) is that too many servers are being made that are barely half decent and it is better to make 10 decent servers with a dedicated team that primary intentions are for the good of the players and not their back pockets.

If you want to profit off of copyrighted material, please go and ask Cipsoft to become a shareholder!

Otherwise, put in the effort. Put in the time. Put in the work.

If new members spend time around the community, learn a "trade" as it were, mapping/spriting/coding/w,e it may be. Hell, learn them all, i am just saying members should seek experience before attempting. (i understand some people learn by doing) But still, help people first. Get a name for yourself so people take you seriously. Understand how to run a server, understand that running a game, is not all fun and games.

You are fully entitled to your opinion, and maybe i was wrong to say "are you for real". But you MUST understand where i am coming from aswell. At least, i see from both sides, and am fully aware trial and error is how we learn. But note that if you are taught how to do something right before you attempt it, surely you will have better results? Otherwise why the fuck do have education.

Stop flaming, and get gaming ;)

MOD CLOSE THREAD; TOO MANY FLAMERS.

Hilarious... Can only laugh at that post :)

Oh with kiddos i am referring to the new generation on these forums (you're one of many!) Should've been more clear about that one, soz.

Yes please close this thread due to a lot of people argues AGAINST it... Naaw XD I think it's a great subject if just the level of the discussion itself could be abit more objective instead of just sharing personal values which would be extremely hard to change!

At least, i see from both sides, and am fully aware trial and error is how we learn. But note that if you are taught how to do something right before you attempt it, surely you will have better results? Otherwise why the fuck do have education.
Contradictive? When it comes to ways to educate there is rarely a wrong way since we're all different everyone will learn in different ways. Education is in my opinion more about making sure they are willing to adapt if their way of doing things end up destructive. (and not destructive as in blowing up a car). And sharing experience, as you can see there's even a sticky that explains pro's and cons with the way you want things to be.

Oh and don't read much into this last part, the discussion will no longer be about either its wrong or right if people create their own servers, which is the main subject

Last edited:
I did not say everyone of you posts are post boosting so GTFO with that comment.

If you read the whole thread, then you will realise i did not "rage on all noob members" "i am not worrying"

Kids, not kiddos? WTF is that a freddo/kid. ? Chocolate kid?

You are fully entitled to your opinion, and maybe i was wrong to say "are you for real". But you MUST understand where i am coming from aswell. At least, i see from both sides, and am fully aware trial and error is how we learn. But note that if you are taught how to do something right before you attempt it, surely you will have better results? Otherwise why the fuck do have education.

Stop flaming, and get gaming ;)

I have a good quote for this that I think is the appropriate time to use it. :D “When a man uses profanity to support an argument, it indicates that either the man or the argument is weak - probably both”

Like i said, CLOSE THIS THREAD BECAUSE OF FLAMERS and since ALL has been said to do with this topic.

Haha, so your telling me, that if in education you are taught that 1+1=7 and you take 10 times to work it out yourself to be wrong is better than when your taught 1+1=2 and you understand straight away?

As blunt as my points may be, that was the sole intention. I didn't want to pick into details i was just stating that new members who make servers just to profit as they see others doing it and think it's "cool" etc etc is wrong. I used the extremely BLUNT title "stop making ots and join a project" To strike out to the minds of those "download and run" members.

Everyone is allowed their opinion and how can this topic be "instead of sharing personal values" ? So share opinions but stop sharing opinions? Now who's being contradictive.

Listen, i have nothing against specific people, etc etc. I am just one of the few that are trying to get back a "recommended" and "decent" community as in MY EYES (and a select few; as posted on here) think that it has lost it's.. well.. community.

And not at all because of alot of people against it. Actually if you look, it is around 50:50. Just those who are against are choosing to make a number of posts about it whereas those who agree comment and leave it at that. To quote what Aseki said
I see that people are just repeating the same thing in this thread but in different ways lol :p

I would love to discuss about what we are discussing about but I just don't know what else there is to say....​

That is why i want to close this thread. Now stop repeating your Against arguements. And can a mod close this thread due to ALL that is worth saying about this topic has been said.

@up there is an exception to all rules. I use it because it was necessary.

First of all, don't close this thread as this conversation about OpenTibia projects is not OVER.

My opinion about all this: GhostX is right. There are really small amount of clever people that use their time efficiently and create a working and online server for people to play. Many people try to make theirs, they fail 8 times out of 10. The most important thing in a project is the PROJECT LEADER. Same like in real life as a company's head, if he doesn't tell you what you guys need to accomplish or what is your job, the project will eventually fail. In my entire OpenTibia life I had approximately 23 projects, only 2 went online. That ratio is just ridiculous if you ask me and I know how to waste time, trust me. At the time I work on 2 projects, one by solo, one with friends. Both will fail. LOL!

First of all, don't close this thread as this conversation about OpenTibia projects is not OVER.

My opinion about all this: GhostX is right. There are really small amount of clever people that use their time efficiently and create a working and online server for people to play. Many people try to make theirs, they fail 8 times out of 10. The most important thing in a project is the PROJECT LEADER. Same like in real life as a company's head, if he doesn't tell you what you guys need to accomplish or what is your job, the project will eventually fail. In my entire OpenTibia life I had approximately 23 projects, only 2 went online. That ratio is just ridiculous if you ask me and I know how to waste time, trust me. At the time I work on 2 projects, one by solo, one with friends. Both will fail. LOL!

I like how you see things but people got to remember that no-one will give up just because one fail, they will start anew, and little by little they will edit and make it more 'custom' to their likings!

I'm not saying they will, it's more of a "harsh" warning and a plea for them to do otherwise. Some will listen, some wont, but chances are if it helps some, atleast some of our community will be restored

thanks for your input regardless

regards

Ah well, took some time to read every post in this thread and everyone seem indeed to state the same thing (not OP's.); and not a 50/50 split thou, and therefore i'll ignore the OP's recent replies as they doesnt even make sense.

First of all i'd like to get my thoughts right; a download&run user is someone who downloads a distro, runs it... and manages it however they want... It's often pretty basic with a few additions with time..

We don't like that... or what?

I can't really find any GOD's to dislike (i will now call any server owner "GOD") but then again i havent played that many OT's all these years i've been around, just seen them around forums and reading their posts etc. My personal preferences will say survivalOT/ChaosOT > TDA/TLM (i see both quite similar). The first one could anyone host, just download and run.. I don't care if they add 200 spawns a week or never add/change anything.. I switch servers depending on what kind of people playing with and against me! (just sharing random stuff about me:>)

As for now what I think brings down the community is threads like these and those who puts hate on someone or something, or just public dislike.

But I will participate in threads that discusses the past and future of the community, i will not try to change it(no promise thou) or hope for it to change... 8 years ago we had the exact same jargong, these so called(by you) "problems".

Aseki is quite spot-on @ page 4.... and YES it is VERY related to the topic.

Someone mentioned somewhere in the "old" days (no need to put a date on it but he probably meant a year ago or so) you had 100 servers and like 100ppl playing on each and now it's 1000 servers and only 10 ppl playing on each.. (i think i got it right..) and another bunch of servers with 40 ppl online.. and then a few("the cool ones") with 300 players online 24/7 and "we want more of those servers" ... The solution isnt that we should group in the same team and develop EPIC servers, it will still be this kind of distribution of players, I don't think it's players demanding more epic servers.. I think its the creators of those 40 player servers that want those servers with 10ppl each to shut down. (not with direct intention but in general THAT IS HOW YOU WANT IT)... I hope i kept on the subject and managed to explain everything i wanted to get explained.

Big note: the numbers are made up, they're just there to help me make my point.

So what is the solution? To make people JOIN projects instead of creating them? Then I guess OP's point is that the project manager should teach the new guy how the OT'ing works... And the new guy will find his call somewhere else and create his own stuff.. (THIS IS HOW THE REAL LIFE WORKS) But is it how the OT world works? I'd say it's hard to create your own company and it takes guts and money you dont have(trust me.). But creating your own server to goof around is easy.. it wont budge the community... unless you want it to(now im referring to OP).

Hmm I think i had some other stuff to say about this but .. ill get there with time :) Enjoy!

EDIT: My solution to a better community is to stop hating OR loving GOD's.. Help them, ignore them but for gods sake dont bash on them... And what also brings down the community is GREED, which i state in an earlier thread (http://otland.net/f251/development-servers-90862/). Not greed on servers, but greed in the development section.

OP's point is to discourage ppl to make any attempt on a 100% HARDCORE RPG Server(or well you catch my drift) by telling them its hard and most will fail (YES I DO UNDERSTAND THAT..) Instead they should browse the forum and join up .. who?

--We can try to prove who's right or wrong (oh and this topic has already been broken, OP can't just see it)... But it is these threads and OP's that will bring the community down. As for now stubborness aint the way to approach nor shouting IM RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG ... I will stay and discuss whatever topic that's thrown out there.. (PS. this last part is just about calling OP immature and noob, im sorry for that but it has to be said.. and i REFRAIN anyone to reply on this part) u mad bro? yes i am, the level of discussion is dropping for every post that includes "GTFO" "i understand everything, but i still think im right" .. which aint even related to the topic--

Last edited:
tl;dr.. well scanned.

And if you ignore the same members commenting more than once, then yes its is about 50:50 and those who agree with me tend to be the experienced.

And the solution was to be a HARSH redirection for those members who will listen to this and maybe then it will benefit us all.

But this isn't a "dig" at those who are new. It is a Harsh wakeup call for most.

And maybe i am wrong, but it certaintly appears i am correct with some, if not most my points.

I WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG! So make it happen.

I understand your point fully, but i still stand by mine with the intention that some will follow. Little movement is still a movement nonetheless.

Back