• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestions for themes

I mean.. October has a certain holiday season so .. ;) but your suggestions are taken into account. Keep them coming :)

Oktoberfest is boring; just running around and sweating in the sun + buying expensive beer, sitting and getting drunk.... all this surrounded by a noisy crowd, loud retarted music and a disco atmosphere...

Trust me, i visited it once. Therevis nothing to see and nothing to map. I would be very surprised if smbody makes a good oktoberfest map....

coronavirus outbreak theme?

haha I would be on the floor crying if you said “ Jungle ruins? “

Virus outbrake theme might actually be do able. I like the idea, not fun times right now tho, I’ll grab my tent and stay in the woods for a couple months while the rest of the city rats panic about handsanitizer.. people in Sweden are actually stealing that stuff from their workspace right now 😮

haha I would be on the floor crying if you said “ Jungle ruins? “

Virus outbrake theme might actually be do able. I like the idea, not fun times right now tho, I’ll grab my tent and stay in the woods for a couple months while the rest of the city rats panic about handsanitizer.. people in Sweden are actually stealing that stuff from their workspace right now 😮
tbh.. We've been given strict orders to not go to our appointments unless it's closing/paperwork. But i'm sat here like "it's last month of the quarter... No COVID-19 is gonna stop me earning commission!"

The bad thing is, in the UK, statuary sick pay is something like £95 a week. Noone can afford to take the time off work. My mortgage is £550 a month... What do they expect people to do? The bank wont care why I can't pay. Whole control measure of this is flawed. I'd imagine similar with other countries.

As for theme, maybe some 'infection' theme would be cool.

As the season came to a halt, this month will be a grace period and the competitions will return next month. More suggestions would be good to consider.

tbh.. We've been given strict orders to not go to our appointments unless it's closing/paperwork. But i'm sat here like "it's last month of the quarter... No COVID-19 is gonna stop me earning commission!"

The bad thing is, in the UK, statuary sick pay is something like £95 a week. Noone can afford to take the time off work. My mortgage is £550 a month... What do they expect people to do? The bank wont care why I can't pay. Whole control measure of this is flawed. I'd imagine similar with other countries.

As the season came to a halt, this month will be a grace period and the competitions will return next month. More suggestions would be good to consider.
yeah that's what I thought, just wanted to make a "pun"

in mx we're still in the meme phase although its slowly transforming into a nervous laughter lol

In Sweden we get 80% paid, now including even from the first day we are home sick.

On topic: Chaotic-virus mapping theme - could that even be a thing?

Home office? Does it exists in UK? :p About banks, situation may change, I'm not sure but probably Italy did something to help people with loans. The same thing is discussed in Poland right now.
btw. Imagine that people in biggest Polish cities pay little less than 550GBP for rented flat...

About theme, maybe quarantine theme. On a border, in a city, whatever.

Home office? Does it exists in UK? :p About banks, situation may change, I'm not sure but probably Italy did something to help people with loans. The same thing is discussed in Poland right now.
btw. Imagine that people in biggest Polish cities pay little less than 550GBP for rented flat...

About theme, maybe quarantine theme. On a border, in a city, whatever.
It does, but my job is sales, so I'm out at meetings up and down the country. I can sorta work from home but not always that simple. People tend to not buy from people they haven't met face to face. And the thing is, if you're sick. You're sick. You're not expected to work. Staying home to avoid spreading or being infected, then yes and that measure is being taken everywhere afaik. My work is headed that way since we had an email yesterday from the powers that be to reduce our appts and only go if we have to etc. So I can imagine in a week or two, we'll be working remotely.

I'd probably say in UK, average flat price would be circa £350-600 per month.. Obviously cities a lot more.

Quarantine theme is a nice idea.. Certainly different.

It does, but my job is sales, so I'm out at meetings up and down the country. I can sorta work from home but not always that simple. People tend to not buy from people they haven't met face to face. And the thing is, if you're sick. You're sick. You're not expected to work. Staying home to avoid spreading or being infected, then yes and that measure is being taken everywhere afaik. My work is headed that way since we had an email yesterday from the powers that be to reduce our appts and only go if we have to etc. So I can imagine in a week or two, we'll be working remotely.

I'd probably say in UK, average flat price would be circa £350-600 per month.. Obviously cities a lot more.

Quarantine theme is a nice idea.. Certainly different.
I think that you should prepare for some break from work or home office. Few days ago there was a big mess about closing up schools and universities in Poland, now they decided to close all shops except groceries and pharmacies and shutdown international travelling.

Otland staff sadly don't support monthly contests very much. Pretty sad they don't appreciate @GhostX efforts man... :(
Hope to see it back soon though
I'm not sure where you got that information from, well I am actually, but I want to tell you that it is not true at all.
We've shown gratitude toward GhostX for his efforts, and none of us have told him to stop hosting monthly contests. We were merely having a discussion about it, since many of us do not think that having a mapping showoff competition every single month is a good idea. The prize becomes less valuable and the competition just feels ordinary, rather than special.

I'm not sure where you got that information from, well I am actually, but I want to tell you that it is not true at all.
We've shown gratitude toward GhostX for his efforts, and none of us have told him to stop hosting monthly contests. We were merely having a discussion about it, since many of us do not think that having a mapping showoff competition every single month is a good idea. The prize becomes less valuable and the competition just feels ordinary, rather than special.
Not supporting is not the same as stopping him host further competitions. So I was right and don't tell anyone is not tellling the truth or imply that some kind of disclosure happened. Having these discussions as you said isn't motivating if someone really shows passion to host monthly competitions.

I am not quite sure about which kind of information you were talking about but it's obvious that banners don't change for a couple of weeks, teasing a competition from January when it was end of February and another has already been finished. The prize of Otland premium was worthless anyways and nothing "special" but yeah, why not. Noone ever cared about that but only wanted to compete on regular basis and have fun. It's fun because you have the opportunity to get in touch and "fight" for the win. This keeps you into mapping even if you don't have too much of time to spend. A great chance if you ask me, I personally love the league system which is also pretty pointless with quarterly contests for example. In fact even two minutes of maintaining banners was too much effort when GhostX put hours into planning and setting it up.

In the end only GhostX can tell if he felt supported. But for me personally it made the impression that he's the only one who cared and what you just said is actually proving my point.

Last edited:
When you are saying "OTLand staff don't support monthly contests very much", you are implying that GhostX doesn't as well, since he is a part of the staff.
Being a part of OTLand staff, includes participating in discussions. And that is just what we had - a discussion, nothing else. It does not mean that we didn't; approve, or; disapprove, or; show any discontent to the mapping competitions. We were merely having a discussion about whether or not to change the frequency of them.
We never told him to stop hosting them, he stopped himself. If you have complaints about the competitions, you can talk to him about hosting them again. Don't go on a rant that we don't support him when you don't know anything about it. We are all a team that works together and discusses things together. I have in fact shown him appreciation, but the role he has is voluntary, appreciation is not to be expected. Just as I don't expect him to show appreciation to me.

You shouldn't be talking for him, and you shouldn't talk about things you do not know of. If you want the competitions to be continued, then voice your opinion. Throwing a fit to make it look like the staff are going against another staff member, is not OK.

TL;DR
If GhostX shares the opinions you have and is feeling uneasy, then he can talk with us about it (as he's supposed to since he's a part of the staff). If you want him to host a competition again, then you should talk to him about it.
That's the end of this discussion.

Back