• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Super sd

George00

propro
Solutions
Reaction score
I've made an sd called super sd
How do i make so that it deals more with ml. my lvl 350 char with ml 25 deals 1.100-1.200 and my god char with ml 100 deals 1.400 How do i increase the ml dmg

local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TYPE, COMBAT_DEATHDAMAGE)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_MORTAREA)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_DISTANCEEFFECT, CONST_ANI_SUDDENDEATH)
setCombatFormula(combat, COMBAT_FORMULA_LEVELMAGIC, -10.2, -102, -10.3, 0)

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
end

No i started like yesterday with this shit and it has fucked my mind with every single thing i've done is it the zero ?

Can you tell what it is

Last edited by a moderator:
7d2909ef7a83bdb3ffdc4f19280aec85.png

Instead of using
Code:
setCombatFormula(combat, COMBAT_FORMULA_LEVELMAGIC, -10.2, -102, -10.3, 0)
You can also use
Code:
function onGetFormulaValues(cid, level, maglevel)
   min = (maglevel*7) +(level/5) +76
   max = (maglevel*10) +(level/5) +108

return -min, -max
end
setCombatCallback(combat, CALLBACK_PARAM_LEVELMAGICVALUE, "onGetFormulaValues")

It's more easy to calculate the exact damage like this and more easy to understand.
The calculation is like this: magiclevel x 7 + level : 5 + 76.

And stop double post.
http://otland.net/threads/mysql-sqlite.218118/#post-2095452

why are you guys helping this guy?

the answers exist all over this forum - stop spoonfeeding someone who is lazy.
If you find this explanation on an other thread, you can link the thread and explain how you found it. Not all things can be found that easily, especially when people don't know what to enter as keywords.
Also explaining things with the purpose of teaching how to do things is not the same as the so called "spoonfeeding".

If you find this explanation on an other thread, you can link the thread and explain how you found it.
Why exactly would I need to search a solution to an issue that is self explanatory to anyone who is not to lazy to attempt to solve it?

Furthermore, why would I link a solution to someone too lazy to search themselves?

Not all things can be found that easily, especially when people don't know what to enter as keywords..
They easily can be found using the search function, this is a cop-out excuse.

Also explaining things with the purpose of teaching how to do things is not the same as the so called "spoonfeeding".
You didn't teach him anything. You simply fixed his solution for him, one that he could've easily fixed himself with such a great resource as otland I may add.

Things that are easy for you, doesn't have to be easy for other people.
With using your logic almost every kind of support would be spoonfeeding because alot of things are easy for me and if it isn't easy for me, it can still be easy for other people.

If people create a thread with a basic knowlegde issue it can mean several things.
The person who creates the thread..
1. doesn't know he can use search to find these solutions
2. knows he can use search but not the advanced search option with the options it has to offer which is needed to find certain things that can't be found on the other way
3. knows how to use search but didn't find an answer to his question or problem. For example if he couldn't find any threads about his issue or if the answers to his issue didn't solve his problem or if the threads he found only had "use the search function" answers.
4. knows how to use search, but the problem is to unique or to hard to describe with a few keywords, for example with a script he made himself, so it probable can't be found by searching or he needs to know the exact right keywords which will often be the solution of the problem.
5. knows how to use search but thinks it will be faster to create a new thread. In this case link the threads you found and remind them they can just find them, explain how to use search incase they don't get it. If they continue doing it just don't respond anymore, although I haven't seen this that often.

Solutions for problems are not only for the person who created the thread, but also for people who use search and find these threads (This is also 1 of the reasons why people have to describe their problem in their title).
That's why it's important to add the link so it can be found by searching and people who use search won't end up finding threads with a bunch of flames and "use the search function" posts.
Since 2012 posting such things in support is also against the rules, since people won't be able to use the search function properly anymore with such search results.

About the teach part, there isn't much more I can explain about the things I posted.
What I always do, I post parts of codes or what should be different, give an explanation if that can be useful to understand it better and then they have to add or change it themselve.
Using this method has had a pretty positive result so far, since people still have to do parts themselve and look into the code to make sure they add or change it correct.
But things like adding the things for them in the script had results in the past that people didn't even bother trying to understand what I posted and just copy pasted it in their server and learned nothing from that.
So I don't do these things anymore, atleast not with simple things when I think someone can do that himself.

Back