• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Supercomputer Tibia Server

JuggaloUser

Reaction score
I was reading up on how easy it is to build a supercomputer (notice I said easy not cheap). So I was wondering about when it runs as a cluster like that, it is possible to still do ordinary desktop tasks right? I mean just because its made into a supercomputer doesnt mean it must be used to run extensive calculations, I could use that massive amount of processing speed just because I have enough computers to build it and make it happen.... But I would like to know about hosting a tibia server on it.... That is very very possible right? Well I mean I am sure its possible as all things are possible with computers pretty much but, when running the computers together as a supercomputer with linux what all resources do I actually get? All that ram and cpu? Do I still get the standard operating system or how does it all work and wouldnt it be awesome to run a supercomputer with tibia server and 1gbs bandwidth..... say it with me....

NO LAGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Is possible if you recode the engine to use a cluster system!

Yes it is possible but if you get DDOSed then your home internet will go down.

Cheaper to buy a dedicated box, or get a cheaper computer than your budget and spend the rest on a dedicated.

A good box is roughly 40-60/euro month.

Yes it is possible but if you get DDOSed then your home internet will go down.

Depends if the target bought a router that provides ddos protection... or simply bought ddos protection for hes server :)
No good working ddos protection are free :p

None of its cheaper if you already have the necessary parts i.e. cpu's and motherboards, and I happen to have alot of computers not being used.... but I wouldn't need to recode the open tibia server?

how so? and I would still have more resources than just running it on one of my computers... right?

Back