• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Necronia NW ♦ Custom Client ♦ Low Exp RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Thesneakyone
I don't need to play up to a high level to see what's going on. I checked the highscores, they ARE messed up. And I made a character and asked in-game, everybody agrees that economy IS messed up, too. Don't try to make the situation look less terrible than it is. For my part, I'll be waiting for a reset.

I haven't been at this topic before, but I was told that there's a big discussion going on here about a restart, so I read last 10-20 pages and started writing.

____
People are talking about restarts and having 100 people playing at the same time. Only one person has pointed out that that won't be possible due to the map, but this very strong argument was ignored. I will explain you why this is a very strong and valid argument. There will be a short version at the end.

The hypothetical case of a restart

Day one:
Seventy-five people are running around in rook. The quests are extremely easy and nobody needs help from others to do the steel enchanted wood quest for example, since everywhere are people running, so there aren't full spawns of monsters killing you. The experienced people see that they can't do the caravan leader quest, the quests of Scott the sewer manager and the guy who wants 10 cockroach legs within reasonable time since people are hunting and camping at all those places again.
Within two hours the first wave of people arrive in main, it are the experienced people who decided to complete Lea's quests as soon as possible, get 5 small sapphires and skip the rest.
A smart person takes the initiative and decides to make one big party or the quests takes a long time if everybody would be running around randomly, blocking the spawns and much more monsters have to be killed. Not everyone arrived in main at the same time, so there's some frustration since people leave the area to go for a new missions and others are joining the area. This is kinda annoying since parties has to be remade all the time and it doesn't always happen so some people are running behind the people that are making the kills.
Some more hours passed and a group of 10 people, who are at least to say slightly annoyed by all the kill stealing and slow progress, finished all missions of Commander Zen and start hunting. When they are all level 55 two persons run to magmic island and claim the spawns, an other person claims gladiators and a fourth and fifth person decide to team up and go for mercenaries. A sixth person somehow managed to make a pretty penny and goes hunting under mount mossfloor with big waste. The other four person end up having no good hunting spot.

Meanwhile in 'rook'
New persons see a lot of kill stealing on their monsters and are not getting any help from people about how to solve certain quests. Why would they help the newbies after all? When you help a lot of players like you did before the restart you know that it means that a group of people is be able to reach main faster and will compete with you for the hunting places.

The next few days
More and more people are reaching for main and there are so many people competing for the hunting areas that they ignore the fact that others are hunting there. The experience people are getting now is just a fraction of what it used to be. When a single person enters your spawn your exp/h is already more than twice so low. People are extremely annoyed and some form groups that kills everyone who enters their spawn. The peaceful players see how the others can level much faster by hunting people out of their hunting area and some of them start doing the same. Everyone is extremely annoyed by crowded spawns, others entering their spawn, pking and having only a few nice people who still help out others. Many people decide to leave the server and never return.

Short version and sum up
The map is too small to sustain a server population that is much higher than now. Quite some people I know are bored of hunting at pirates for 40 levels already, having scouted the entire map and having nothing to do.
A restart won't change this unless the rifts are getting opened. As the owner stated the first rift is for a group of level 80+ and the second rift for a group of level 120+ or 140+. This means that only the first rift could become a hunting place soon.

Is it impossible to level up as fast as a warrior/ranger when you are a mage?
Someone said that some vocations are much slower in leveling. The vocations he mentioned were mages. I started at this server with a Saint quite some hours after the server started. As most people know Saints deal the least damage of everyone. Despite that I hadn't played the beta, wasted like an entire day camping rawler and the spider boss in rook I was the third highest level of the server for most of the time during the first week. I even had taken the second spot a few times. Only Angel Celes managed to stay in front of me all the time and she already played theb eta and knew how to do everything. I may be known for the huge amount of time I'm spending on my shadowstriker now, but at my saint I didn't played as much as I did now by far.
The key to manage to level that fast with a mage is very simple: always hunt in parties. Till level 80 I never hunted solo with maybe one or two exceptions. I wasn't even focussed on leveling. All I did was completing quests.

I think that it is very possible to get enough levels for the rifts within a week by playing maximum 4 hours a day no matter the vocation you are as long as you do it correctly. Most people do play four hours or more average, but as I said it's maximum 4 hours. It can probably be done with less. As stated the first rift will also include many puzzles, so even if you join the rift teams half a week or a week after they entered it you still have a good chance of being in the first team to complete it. This is stated on the fact that nobody, but me and four others, managed to do everything needed for de deeper prison quest with exception of obtaining itch powder and nobody knows to solve the witch quest in Amazon camp. Coming to this the drop rate of the sickle should increase with at least a factor 50 and that of the itch powder at least with a factor few hundred. The cure against itch powder could be renamed so it's less obvious.

Also a week ago there were 9 different vocations in the top 10 of the highscores, which is an amazing achievement and shows that it's possible to get high level with almost all the vocations. Before everybody start screaming I will say that quite some vocations aren't balanced. Today I will probably think about the vocations and post a suggestions of how they should be and maybe also how to make the vocation more balanced and/or more enjoyable.

The economic advantages of others
Some people managed to make a lot of money at this server yes. I myself barely got any advantage of it and for a non-mage it doesn't matter either you start with just the money you have when leaving rook or having an unlimited amount of money. With the possibility to make a good penny for everyone at most of the level 55+ hunting places the economy became more an economy based on trading goods. Most items have no value other than the value npcs give to it. Better items, like relics, artefacts and items dropped by monsters such as those dropped by toxics dragons, dark torturers, black knights, but also some other rare items that are dropped by monsters which aren't hunted a lot do have a value. With many items by limited in usage to only a few people a lot of these items are traded for other items once looted. Either you have an unlimited amount of money or not, this doesn't change your chance on looted these better items.

The money has not resulted in big level advantages since you are rarely limited by money once you can enter the prison, which is at quite a low level. By reset the money of everyone and giving them in return 1k for every level they have, this benefits all the low-medium level players, future advantages of having a lot of money could be taken away.

Last note
Am I a char lover? Probably, since playing saint is boring to me, but somehow I managed to make a level 100 saint which will probably be extremely useful in the rifts and I do enjoy my shadowstriker now and want to know the high level spells and the possibilities a shadowstriker has. Would I quit the server with a restart? I don't know. Good chance that I would give spellcaster a try, but I would probably retire or quit in the anarchy there would be at all the spawns, despite I bet that I would be in the top 10 after the first day, but probably even the top 5, no matter the vocation I pick.

@UP
Nobody said there will be a super-fast growrate and there will be 70 people in rook the first day. Let me explain you the diference between reseting and not:

Reseting: The first days, we get a normal, but decent amount of people, just like now. After that, newcommers join the server, are pleased to see what it has become, and stay. Slowly, the server numbers start growing.

Not: We have a regular number of 30~40 players. No newcommers join, since they know they are in immediate disatvantage. The regular number starts retiring after some time (perfectly normal). After 1-2 months, the server is dead.

And now go ahead and explain all those newcommers that "levels aren't important, money is neither". Money is important, and levels are. And even if they are not as important as in most servers, newcommers just don't like to be handled unfairly just because they joined the server after the exploits. It's a fact.

I hope you got the point.

From what I can see, there are like 2-3 people who are against the reset, while most of us players+even some potential newcommers demand a urgent reset. I hope the admin has some common sense and pulls the reset after the vocations balance. Or does a poll, sees the oppinion of the server, and resets then.

The advantadges of a reset have already been made clear.

Bro, whats to say if we reset today, a week from now wont the newcomers feel exactly the same? Your waaay to noob to understand the feeling of a RPG server it seems like, your just looking for a quick way to add your name to the highscores, by a reset and youll be sitting there waiting.

The Easiet way to solve this is by a reset, but with a reset, comes the need to make a bigger map, else everyonse gonna be extremly bored, some of us have already made the extremly annoying quests, and farmed places for hours to get 1 single item. A long term solution for everyone to be happy is a Vocation Balance, a Bigger offer of spawns ans cities, More quests with a more variaty of items, just to slowly be getting in more players as the server progresses, If a player is after RPG, he wont just sounds like a retard and be all like "OMG THEY SO HIGH LEVEL I CANT PLEY HERE", which in most of your posts, your sounding like.

Bro, whats to say if we reset today, a week from now wont the newcomers feel exactly the same? Your waaay to noob to understand the feeling of a RPG server it seems like, your just looking for a quick way to add your name to the highscores, by a reset and youll be sitting there waiting.

The Easiet way to solve this is by a reset, but with a reset, comes the need to make a bigger map, else everyonse gonna be extremly bored, some of us have already made the extremly annoying quests, and farmed places for hours to get 1 single item. A long term solution for everyone to be happy is a Vocation Balance, a Bigger offer of spawns ans cities, More quests with a more variaty of items, just to slowly be getting in more players as the server progresses, If a player is after RPG, he wont just sounds like a retard and be all like "OMG THEY SO HIGH LEVEL I CANT PLEY HERE", which in most of your posts, your sounding like.

I hardly recommend you to learn to read before talking.

Jokes on you, I am in the top 30 of the server. Why would I give that up and pledge for a server reset for personal reasons?
1) Get your facts straight before posting
2) The points that you mentioned on your second paragraph have all been discussed in the early pages. Some information before you make yourself look like a fool won't hurt.

Fix everything and expand the map before even thinking about reseting. In my opinion atleast.

Fix everything and expand the map before even thinking about reseting. In my opinion atleast.

Not the map, it's fine, but the exploits and the vocations.
That's exactly what we demand, a reset after exploits/unbalancements have been fixed. If there is any other way to fix the highscores/economy/lack of newcommers, I'm open to ideas. But I doubt there's another way.

Fix highscores? Dunno what that mean, players in top are always those one who focus on exp, got a lot of time. Maybe they should make a 2h limit/day so everyone could be in top? About economy... it's easy to get items/money, so that's not easy to fix it, they should look at all monsters once again to do it. U said newcommers oh, i looked at online list and what i see? Only 1-2 characters above 100lvl and a lot of ppls in rook. There's nothing to do atm on serv(except only some annoying parts -.-), also some ppls started discussion about reset = some ppls don't want to waste time till finally decision. That's why there are only 30-40ppls online.

They are not talking about exp limit or anything. When the server started, vocations were super strong so people made super fast levels. And now they are much weaker and it's a lot harder. And there were only 40 ppl online much before the discussion of reset. Dead server :/

Oh rly? Didn't noticed any nerf except archer spell like utito. Hmm maybe that's my fail and i don't know about which serv we are talking...

Go ahead and hammer on the newbie. And, for your information:

It's all about UNBALANCEMENT. That's what messed up the highscores. I don't know how I can emphasize you to f*cking read the thread before saying something stupid.

It's all about UNBALANCEMENT. That's what messed up the highscores.
I don't see any mess in highscores, as u can see there's 11 classes above 100lvl, only spellcaster and summoner-shaman seems to be unbalanced in PvM, with rest there's only problem with balance in PvP imo(even Shiva thinks like that). The two highest chars just spend a lot more time on playing than others and they was focused almost only on this char.

soo is there going to be a reset or not? i hope there will be a reset because some players really made a lot of money by woodcutting at the start.
also some of the vocations are a bit unbalanced, like a defender, my bro was hitting harder than me at the same lvl and i was a wildheart.
i really hope there will be a reset and a fresh new start.

Reset is bad idea. Just play and dont cry like baby. Shiva going to balance all vocations soon i think.

Akon? Dur! some classes hit harder than others. The reason why u hit less on a defender is becaus he has higher resistance. it is a TANK.

Also the only issue with economy is that "it is unfair" blah blah blah.. Mages are those who care about this masses of money so why not introduce this (or similar)
16:42 Ghostx [62]: then they should introduce a loan system at the bank
16:43 Ghostx [62]: pay back 5% interest a day xD
16:43 Ghostx [62]: it comes out of bank balance and if no bank balance or not paid back in 3 days then you get red skulled/black skulled, muted, can't use spells, attack and/or use your character? or something (it would need to be non-abuseable - since different accounts could give the money, make a new 1, etc. Limit it to 1 loan per character, a max of 10,000 and a min of 100.
Something along those lines would make it easier for mages to buy pots and pay back after hunting with profit.

Highscores have no problem! It is not like anyone was botting!!!! Other servers have people botting trainers, this server has some functions to prevent this, ok guess you can still do it but you lose 150k exp and only get 2 hours. So if you are complaining there are too high players or w,e then please do go pour your self a glass of SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Vocations - how many times. SHIVA IS FIXING THEM. PvM IS FINE BAR A COUPLE OF VOCATIONS. PvP IS BEING FIXED AS WE SPEAK.

AND STFU ABOUT LJ. ONLY A SMALL NUMBER OF PLAYERS EXPLOITED THIS AND IT HASN'T EFFECTED THE WHOLE COMMUNITY! THERE IS NO UNSOLVABLE ISSUE!!!! RESETTING IS NOT THE ONLY ANSWER! Just it is perfect for you lot..

top 30? LOL that isn't something you can boast about since there aren't much players anyway. So yes you probably would like to be the top player and be the richest and unofficialy run the server with your giant fists of power. Pfft Please. If the server is such a problem please leave now!

The reason why players have decreased (funnily enough) is since the talk of this said "reset" who wants to waste their time if there will be a reset?

Shiva, this time; i am demanding you do not give in. There are other methods that can be done, resetting the ot is extreme.

Regards

If we do have a reset after a lot of change to the server has been done I would like it if anything like this would happen; As for someone who powergamed their exp looting gold is a very good asset to have, and being eacc allows me to save capacity and hunt longer. For example, when I was at dragons lvling up I would be able to hunt for about an hour ingame off of like 350 smp, it destroyed my capacity. However since I had eacc I could loot gold, and on average 1hr hunting gave me like 8k gold, sure at higher lvls it increased cause I started hunting a lot more at once, but for the majority of leveling period it saved a lot of money on pots. If I didn't have eacc I don't think I would of been able to profit, period. And if I had brought along another person to hunt with, there would be no way in hell we would profit together cause we would both waste a lot in my honest opinion. So what does this all mean? It means that having the ability to turn 100 gold coins into 1 platinum coin while hunting on an rpg server when you are killing anything else besides mercenaries and skirmishers or gladiators is a very valuable asset, it helps reduce your potions waste. Not many vocations have enough capacity to support looting bp's after bp's of gold. So, for the sake of if the server gets a reset I would like it if the economy didn't go to an even worse state than it is now, which is the opposite state, people should get a few days of eacc, at least to get high enough level where they can loot some gold and carry potions.

I have another proposal for gold coins vs. capacity issue that I feel strongly about because its an rpg server. Provide the banker on mainland with a quest for after you finish sdc rank to collect some ores from across the mainland area, going from the desert to the turtle place, all the way over to where the tradesman is, down to the horse area and all the way in the swamp looking for ores/quest items. When you return, doing his favor, and also learning where a lot of spots are on the map if you are new, you will be awarded with a "Coin crusher" or something along those lines. It takes 110 gold coins to make a platinum coin. Will demand 11000 platinum coins to make a crystal coin. The process would take only a few seconds and it would happen inside your backpack. This allows mages and rangers that use a lot of ammo to loot gold w/o shortening their hunts down to a matter of 20 mins instead of at least 45 minutes for a good "rewarding" on the inside feeling of a hunt. You could also make it so that the coin crusher has a low % of "having mechanical issues" where you take it back to the banker, and he will tell you to consult Alan for assistance. Alan could make you do something like collect some ores from certain monsters or bring him some quest item and he will repair your coin crusher every time it breaks but for a fee (basically like soft boots npc, but need to do a little quest for it).

Akon? Dur! some classes hit harder than others. The reason why u hit less on a defender is because he has higher resistance. it is a TANK.

Dude my main language is not english but i think you really need to read before pointing out stuff. The guy actually said his bro (defender) was hitting more then him (wildheart) This means the tank...(yeah you said it,its a tank) was hitting more then a wildheart.

@up yh i know n it must be the confusion your end then :). The tank hit more than the wildheart because the wildheart cannot hit high on the defender due to the higher resisitance on the tank. (therefore the tank receives less damage) and the tank hits his normal hits. This means the wildhearts attacks are decreased and ultimately lower than the tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back