• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Necronia NW ♦ Custom Client ♦ Low Exp RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM me or message me on msn asap.

I talked to u 2 days ago, Uri Paw-Heart, u said taiyan wud help me and taiyan said u wud help me, i already told u the story & to him 100 times -.- cba telling it again d'oh

I talked to u 2 days ago, Uri Paw-Heart, u said taiyan wud help me and taiyan said u wud help me, i already told u the story & to him 100 times -.- cba telling it again d'oh

The database wasn't updated then, it is now, that's why I'm saying you should PM me again.

Bump!

Server is still amazing Staff are re-balancing vocations & adding more update's it's defiantly mature staff & a server that I feel will last a long time.. so come join! :D

Also new staff added so there should never be any question's left unanswered in help channel!! <3

This server fails hardly IMO.
Yes, they do have lots of cools scripts and new vocations and all that, but the vocations are completely unbalanced, there's always like 50 player MAX online and the beginning is completely un-userfriendly.

Not to mention it crashes like twice a day and you loose your items.
Server looked cool, sad to see it was just a cool advertisement thread :(

Yes, they do have lots of cools scripts and new vocations and all that, but the vocations are completely unbalanced, there's always like 50 player MAX online and the beginning is completely un-userfriendly.

Indeed, sadly :/

You do know that there is a vocation balance on its way and the server's stability was improved much more from the way it was a bit earlier? Also the beginning offers many valuable information (from server to player) but no one bothers to read it, then there are complaints.

Either way thanks for trying it out! :)

You do know that there is a vocation balance on its way and the server's stability was improved much more from the way it was a bit earlier? Also the beginning offers many valuable information (from server to player) but no one bothers to read it, then there are complaints.

Either way thanks for trying it out! :)

The vocations might get rebalanced and maybe the server stability improves yes... but the harm has already been done. The unbalancement and several mayor bugs allowed people to level up super fast/get rich quickly. Now, when a newbie logs in, all he sees is 30~50 players online, most of them at high levels and looses motivation to play when he hears that the economy is screwed up and most old players own tons of money. And even if he decides to stay, he gets annoyed by crashes until he finally leaves the server. And like that, the number of players not only remains low, but starts to decrease.

I would hardly consider doing a server reset after checking that most bugs/exploits/unbalancements have been removed. That way we might have a stable community. The only other option I see is to let the server die slowly until nobody is left on it.

I totally agree with the need of a reset. Server is not really old, won't hurt. And I don't care about loosing my items if it's to get a stable number of players on the server.

I'm not one to agree with server reset's because I mean people donate there hard earned money to the server in hopes of never seeing this but you make a good point people made over 1kk-2kk from the lumberjacking bug/cap problem.

Some vocations were overpowered from the start & now they are sitting at the top of the highscores list..

The only way I would wish for a restart is if the donator's got there points back & the vocation balance was fixed. It would be nice seeing the economy fixed becuase they now have fixed lumberjacking & they are working on vocations at the moment so nomore people running around with 2kk but I understand if they choose not too as well.

There will be no reset. The game as in gameplay can not advance further until the start of the rifts and opening of new areas, and that won't happen yet so now when the balance happens, it still gives enough time for everyone to catch up if anyone wants to compete for the highscore.

agreed, why is everybody worrying about the highest lvls lol, the lumberjacking was wrong tho!

Nobody is worrying about their levels. But from any newbies point of view, he joins the server and sees this:

30 players on, 20 of them at least 70 or higher. Since he's a newbie, he doesn't know anything about 'opening of rifts' or anything, so his most logic reaction is to log off and never log in again.
It's a commonly know fact that the player number of a server stabilizes after about 1 week of the server's start. And you wouldn't want to have a stable "amount" of 40 players right? I agree with the archer guy, a reset is needed urgently, else I can see this server dieing slowly.
You might loose some charlovers if you reset, but for every guy who leaves, you'll have at least 7-10 new players, if it's done properly. Just make sure mayor bugs like vocation overpowering/lumberjacking don't exist.

Nobody is worrying about their levels. But from any newbies point of view, he joins the server and sees this:

30 players on, 20 of them at least 70 or higher. Since he's a newbie, he doesn't know anything about 'opening of rifts' or anything, so his most logic reaction is to log off and never log in again.
It's a commonly know fact that the player number of a server stabilizes after about 1 week of the server's start. And you wouldn't want to have a stable "amount" of 40 players right? I agree with the archer guy, a reset is needed urgently, else I can see this server dieing slowly.
You might loose some charlovers if you reset, but for every guy who leaves, you'll have at least 7-10 new players, if it's done properly. Just make sure mayor bugs like vocation overpowering/lumberjacking don't exist.

I see 0 point in reseting honestly that is probably one of the stupdiest things of ever heard.

pro's of restart:

some newbie that went on vacation for 2 weeks gets to play the server and has a shot at becoming highest level, which is already very easily caught up to when you know what spawns to hunt/how to do certain quests.

con's of restart: everybody who spent the past 2 weeks making unique characters/relationships will get ruined.

Personally a little bit of me would love to see a server reset, however most of me would rather not see about 50 people in rook competing over a rat spawn to start tasking... and then from there, the hell.....

And something people should know, this game had 40 people online when serv would crash, when it started to get a little bit more stable it skyrocketed into the 70's, its down in the 30's and 40's again but that's just a low period, when people start hearing about this server more we will get more people again.

I don't want to start hardcore advertisments until everything is fully fixed and stabilized. If we could then reach at least 100 players, which I'm certain should not be a big problem, I would be more than happy.

And the thing most of you imply with pros of restart is that "server can't grow" if there are high levels on it. People who want to play the game for itself will not care much about if there's competition or not. They may start worrying about that when they reach the level where they actually rank with the other highscore holders imo, the game has much to offer aside from competing just for a level score.

damn, i died.. was going to get my backpack back because i didnt knew i lost my bp at 50+
and then, the server crashed... my body is gone so i lost some quest items and all my money.. NICE man always that fucking crashes
but still its a good OT so far only this ruined it for me..

damn, i died.. was going to get my backpack back because i didnt knew i lost my bp at 50+
and then, the server crashed... my body is gone so i lost some quest items and all my money.. NICE man always that fucking crashes
but still its a good OT so far only this ruined it for me..

Sorry to hear that, we're working on them real hard. We recently detected and removed a crash that prevented the server to be online for more than a few hours, but seems like that wasn't the last one. Either way, we'll find it with the help of players and fix it. About your loss, please message me (Shiva) ingame if you see I'm online.

You made a point, however, I doubt the owner is going to reset it because of the fear of loosing players, since every charlover on the server will say "omgz no i will loose my stuff I don't care that more people will play".
And the admin will be scared of reseting. The classical mistake every single server does. :rolleyes:
This guy is the perfect example:
I see 0 point in reseting honestly that is probably one of the stupdiest things of ever heard.

PD: Anybody who really believes that the player amount will get higher 2 weeks after the start of the OT certainly has good imagination or a lot of hope. The starting stage is where every server has the highest amount of players, and it only decreases from there on.

This server will never get alot of players, why? because its too complicated for all the noobs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back