• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aff i need wait for open beta anyone know when it starts?

Ask him for an invite to the closed beta.

yoooo thats a sick video xaguls looking forward to the Ot!

•Chain Lightning - Lv. 7 (94%)
-Mana Cost: 540
-Type: attack/magic

Fires a beam of energy that arcs to nearby enemies.

*Magic Power: 281
Increases damage dealt with magic spells and staves by 56%

Just thought i would upload a picture and information on the spell :)
Chain Lightning.jpg

Is there any way I can get an invitation? I love custom rpgish servers, and this one looks awesome. If not, when will you release an open beta?

There has been a lot of stuff tested and fixed. Big thanks for Xeno Christ and Nuxohiz, they really did some serious work finding bugs xD. Thanks to all the other people testing, one thing that is hard to foresee is player progression and balance and you guys helped so much with that.
I will not be giving out more closed invites, I am mostly just working on content and a few more ideas that I want to try out and then we should be looking at open beta :) I'd say by the end of the month is a realistic goal now however it all depends on what gets in my way. While I do work on the server a lot, I do still enjoy playing games myself so sometimes a break here and there is needed.
I hope everyone has enjoyed what was available in the closed beta and I hope to see you all in open beta/release!

Edit:
Many people had concerns about how we will handle botting and such. I would like to take a bit of time to go over this in depth.

To start off, the server is 8.6 for a reason. I do like that everyone is on a level playing field as far as bot accessibility on the 8.6 client. There are numerous bots that are free for everyone to use. I feel it is unfair if a newer client is used and only people that have paid for a bot on real tibia can bot on the server. With that said, AFK botting is still a problem. I do not want people botting 24/7 unattended, it makes the server boring for people who actually would like to play it because they are forced to bot 24/7 to keep up. It is also unfair to the players who can not leave their PC online all the time. I have taken a few measures to combat the botting issues that 8.6 has and try to level the playing field for all players. Here is what is being done:

1. Most systems are designed to be as user friendly as possible. Tedious tasks such as mining and fishing now automatically act for you rather than you having to spam click.

2. Many systems are being implemented to make the players life easier such as auto looting.

3. Most of the server is randomized. From the equipment stats to the monster spawns. These things should make it more difficult for bots to deal with reliably.

4. Finally when all else fails, the anti-cavebot. Basically a player will lose 1 stamina minute for each second he/she is performing an action that in any way improves their character including but not limited to: Skill gain, Experience gain, Artisan skill gain, Spell experience gain. When the player reaches 0 stamina they will be teleported to a random event where they will have to do some short activity. This activity is chosen at random and is designed to require no longer than 2 minutes of your time. A player is given 5 minutes to complete this activity. If the player completes the activity they will receive a small randomized reward. If the player fails to complete the activity they are removed from the game world and will have to log back in. Upon logging back in the player will receive a dialog window with information as to why they were disconnected from the server. In both cases the players stamina will be refilled back to 42 hours (or in this case 42 minutes) This system is not designed to permanently punish players for botting, it is only there to prevent the use of cave-bots for extended periods of time and as such no banishment will be given to players who fail this activity.

Last edited:
Eventhough I think this anti-afk botting system is pretty cool, I will never agree in allowing people to bot, specially in this kind of server where you have to work hard in order to be someone. We all know they will try to, but not as much as they would if you allowed them to. That is just lazy, you don't want to deal with botters so you allow them to bot. What's the point of working so hard on a project if then you allow players to grow their chars with bots? I just didn't expect this. I though this server was going to be the RPG server I've been waiting for so long, but it looks like I'll have to wait for Thronar. I'll try the beta though, but expect a zombie invasion server.

Eventhough I think this anti-afk botting system is pretty cool, I will never agree in allowing people to bot, specially in this kind of server where you have to work hard in order to be someone. We all know they will try to, but not as much as they would if you allowed them to. That is just lazy, you don't want to deal with botters so you allow them to bot. What's the point of working so hard on a project if then you allow players to grow their chars with bots? I just didn't expect this. I though this server was going to be the RPG server I've been waiting for so long, but it looks like I'll have to wait for Thronar. I'll try the beta though, but expect a zombie invasion server.

--I do not bot--
But, as a server owner, you can say "no botting" all you want, people are still going to bot, 24/7, all day every day.
Even if you hire a hundred staff members, make them all GMs, and have 25 of them on at all times checking for botters. The best botters with alarms, and auto responders would never get banned anyway.

Xagul has one of the best ideas I have ever seen. He created a Anti-Afk-Bot script using random mini-games.
It is probably harder to afk bot on his server than any other server currently in existence.
BTW, when Thronar comes online I garuntee you at least 50% of the population will use bots, just like any other server in the history of tibia.

Funny that my first post on Xagul's thread is to combat some Brat who had no idea how running a gaming community works.

I hate to make this sound like the Xagulz protection squad forum, but.. what he is doing is the OPPOSITE of laziness.

The whole point of any 8.6 server at this time is to allow access to elf bot, anyone telling you otherwise is LYING TO YOU.

There are more ways to combat "afk botting" on 8.6, such as changing all the corpse IDs so auto-looters don't work (I did this for personal reasons on ROAs alpha test, and everyone who used elfbot spammed me about corpses being broken, when in fact, they weren't).

You can also make monster fights have more interaction so that botting is MUCH less feasible than manually playing, but this can only go so far. Though I would be in favour of making the monsters a bit more interesting on XDC, this isn't the time to address that (though there has been more work done on this then most servers)

To actually combat the use of a bot on Tibia would require us to make a custom client that wouldn't allow for injection like elfbot does, but since I don't believe Xagulz or many of us want to go to that lengths to end botting, it isn't a feasible option.

Furthermore, the choice to make the server 8.6 is to allow botting, but Xagulz wants to prevent afk cavebotting. Which has is obvious in nature, he wants people to have aid of the bot to kill repetitiveness, and allow customization of playing the game, but doesn't want people to have the game automated to the point they don't HAVE to play.

What he did basically is when you reach the end of your stamina, you are teleported to a mini-game room, where you do something that is simple, but hard to have a bot do itself. Since there are multiple mini-games, it is next to impossible for the bot to be ready to combat ALL of the mini-games.

These mini-games, and the system all together, took a lot of work, and hours to think up and make, so to call him "lazy" when he has gone WELL beyond what the normal Hoster would do to prevent afk botting, is absurd.

--I do not bot--
But, as a server owner, you can say "no botting" all you want, people are still going to bot, 24/7, all day every day.
Even if you hire a hundred staff members, make them all GMs, and have 25 of them on at all times checking for botters. The best botters with alarms, and auto responders would never get banned anyway.

Xagul has one of the best ideas I have ever seen. He created a Anti-Afk-Bot script using random mini-games.
It is probably harder to afk bot on his server than any other server currently in existence.
BTW, when Thronar comes online I garuntee you at least 50% of the population will use bots, just like any other server in the history of tibia.

Funny that my first post on Xagul's thread is to combat some Brat who had no idea how running a gaming community works.

Oh, and do you really think it will be better to allow people to bot? if you say "no botting" and almost everybody tries, saying "come here, bot please" will make the server so bot-dependant that anybody who wants to play fair will have to quit because of freaking auto-healings, auto-combos or stuff like that. Of course people will bot anyway, but when you like a server and you get punished by botting and threatened to be deleted you'll think about it twice, or maybe you won't bot as much as you would if it was allowed. Theft is something punished in real life, and you are not supposed to do it, but people still do it. How many people do you think would thief if they were allowed to?

I don't know much about running a Tibia server but I've been playing this game for enough years as to know how it works and how people behave.

I hate to make this sound like the Xagulz protection squad forum, but.. what he is doing is the OPPOSITE of laziness.

The whole point of any 8.6 server at this time is to allow access to elf bot, anyone telling you otherwise is LYING TO YOU.

There are more ways to combat "afk botting" on 8.6, such as changing all the corpse IDs so auto-looters don't work (I did this for personal reasons on ROAs alpha test, and everyone who used elfbot spammed me about corpses being broken, when in fact, they weren't).

You can also make monster fights have more interaction so that botting is MUCH less feasible than manually playing, but this can only go so far. Though I would be in favour of making the monsters a bit more interesting on XDC, this isn't the time to address that (though there has been more work done on this then most servers)

To actually combat the use of a bot on Tibia would require us to make a custom client that wouldn't allow for injection like elfbot does, but since I don't believe Xagulz or many of us want to go to that lengths to end botting, it isn't a feasible option.

Furthermore, the choice to make the server 8.6 is to allow botting, but Xagulz wants to prevent afk cavebotting. Which has is obvious in nature, he wants people to have aid of the bot to kill repetitiveness, and allow customization of playing the game, but doesn't want people to have the game automated to the point they don't HAVE to play.

What he did basically is when you reach the end of your stamina, you are teleported to a mini-game room, where you do something that is simple, but hard to have a bot do itself. Since there are multiple mini-games, it is next to impossible for the bot to be ready to combat ALL of the mini-games.

These mini-games, and the system all together, took a lot of work, and hours to think up and make, so to call him "lazy" when he has gone WELL beyond what the normal Hoster would do to prevent afk botting, is absurd.

You are completely right, and I apologize for calling him lazy. It is true this must have taken a lot of time and dedication, but I just went full rage when I read they would allow bots. As I said, it clearly is a good system, and it will probably make people not to cavebot that much, but there are many different ways to set a bot as to let you know when you're in this mini game room so if you're at home you can just do it and keep cavebotting.

Oh, and do you really think it will be better to allow people to bot? if you say "no botting" and almost everybody tries, saying "come here, bot please" will make the server so bot-dependant that anybody who wants to play fair will have to quit because of freaking auto-healings, auto-combos or stuff like that. Of course people will bot anyway, but when you like a server and you get punished by botting and threatened to be deleted you'll think about it twice, or maybe you won't bot as much as you would if it was allowed. Theft is something punished in real life, and you are not supposed to do it, but people still do it. How many people do you think would thief if they were allowed to?

I don't know much about running a Tibia server but I've been playing this game for enough years as to know how it works and how people behave.

You are completely right, and I apologize for calling him lazy. It is true this must have taken a lot of time and dedication, but I just went full rage when I read they would allow bots. As I said, it clearly is a good system, and it will probably make people not to cavebot that much, but there are many different ways to set a bot as to let you know when you're in this mini game room so if you're at home you can just do it and keep cavebotting.

Xagulz objective isn't to end botting, but to end afk botting. The server wouldn't be 8.6 server if the objective was to end botting of all kind.

Sure, if you get moved to certain locations, it could play an alarm, but the point is to get people to be there and watch their character, and then do the mini-game in a set amount of time.

I know, allowing botting seems like a lose to some people, but the real deal is that if a player is playing themselves but has their bot to heal themselves, mana themselves at certain points, you would NEVER notice it, or at the very least, be able to prove that they are using a bot to do those things.

Same goes for cavebotting.. if the person is actually sitting there and watching it, and they reply fast to any GM/player, it is next to impossible to tell if they are botting or not, at least you can't prove if they are or are not.

The only thing that we can be sure of if a person is botting, is if they are afk cavebotting, as in they don't reply. Xagulz is targeting the ONLY aspect of botting that you can prove.

Ultimately, the best way to curb botting is to make it so bottable monsters are very little profit, and it would be much better to manually hunt monsters.

I would like to first repeat something I said in my post and have been saying for many years now. I make servers 8.6 for elfbot, as does every 8.6 server in existence. There is literally NO reason to use the 8.6 client UNLESS you want people to use elfbot on your server. I am not exaggerating at all, 8.7 is literally exactly the same (actually it even fixed a few bugs) but elfbot does not support it.

The sole reason I say that botting is allowed is for people like YOU who follow the rules 100%. It would be unfair for you to follow the rules 100% and then some random group of kids comes up on you with auto heal and hold target. So now the rules state you can use a bot so YOU don't have to worry about being banned.

But you say I could ban them? But I ask how can we prove it? How can you prove how good someone is at a game. Short of making them live stream their pking, that is something that has always been a problem with botting on tibia. Look at real tibia for example, they removed gamemasters. There are most likely many reasons why this was done however I am willing to bet the amount of biased punishments given out played a large role in that decision. I am not saying every gamemaster was biased but we all know there were many cases where this was an issue.

I would like to use this example for you:

You play an F2P FPS game.
You know the majority of players on a F2P FPS game are aimbotters this is common knowledge by now.
A player kills B player.
B player calls A player hacker.
player B reports player A
player A never receives a banishment

Why?

Because aside from software detection how can you prove that player A is not just better at the game than player B? When you report someone in a game like that, the staff most likely goes and looks at their headshot ratio. Headshot ratio of like 90%+ with a high amount of kills per game most likely results in further investigation. But again, how much can you really investigate on a players account aside from their kill stats? And what is to say that player is not some pro on a noob account playing with friends? In online games its common for anyone that is on the losing end of things to call out cheat. Dedicating staff to this is a lost cause because the report section will be flooded with what we in the online community nowadays call "QQ".

The majority of online games have moved away from in-game moderation. True there are some still out there such as runescape and world of warcraft, however these staff members rarely take action against cheating, they are mostly there for behavior related issues. I can not speak for most games, but I can speak for Age of Conan as a friend of mine was a gamemaster on there, he could not outright ban someone. The petition had to be pushed up the chain of staff.

What I am trying to say is in online games there are too many variables to determine if someone is cheating or not, games such as FPS are easier to tell is someone is cheating and even then is still subject to biased moderation when dealt with by human judgment.
On tibia this is much harder, the easiest thing to prove is afk botting. It is simple, if you are hunting yourself you will be able to reply to a gamemaster or w/e the case may be. If not then you are clearly AFK. Aside from that, what part of tibia can you prove is being botted? Auto healing might be easy to prove in some cases. It would seem you could just walk up to a player and remove some health and if they instantly heal then they are botting. But what about the players that take the additional 3 seconds to add a small delay before their heal. Now the staff member must make a judgement call. And there is a good chance that a person ends up being banned who has done nothing wrong (even if the staff member isn't biased but just made a mistake)

TLDR:
The server was made 8.6 to allow the accessibility to elfbot and other commonly used bots in order to give everyone a fair chance instead of the privileged few who can afford real tibia bots for the newer clients. It is not that I am "lazy", it would take me 3 seconds to promote a few people to the gamemaster position and allow them to ban players for cheating. I am "protective" of my players as I do not want to see someone punished by mistake. I am "hesitant" to believe that short of a few people, the online community is not mature enough to take on such a responsibility. And finally I am "satisfied" that 24/7 afk-botting will not be a problem on this server. That is more than most can say.

I am sorry if you disagree with this. I am sorry if you thought this was going to be some sort of magical PC game that wouldn't have cheats. And I am sorry to inform you that you will never find said magical game in your life time, sad I know, but true.

P.S.
Rooting for Jagex (RuneScape)! The closest ever RPG to being completely bot-free. Funny as it may sound for some of you who have played that game in the past, they really have taken anti-cheat to the next level lately and are giving them bot company's hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back