• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What nux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You started to play again? You should of told me atleast :(
I started 2 days ago. Didn't thought you would start playing since there are many botters. Hunting manual gives like thrice as much exp though and if you will hunt strong mobs with a team even more.
At that screenie we were doing elder dragons and then decided to kill the Dragon Queen, which is a boss.

34ijyq9.png

Screen shot around the first days of server. Hunting dragons here with Manfredi.

I seriously think Summon Destroyer needs a rework, don't know how. It takes the soul of 4 spellsingers, and these hit way more. Plus the dashing strike sends him way too far away so it's like 2 secs to get back to its target and attack. Spellsingers hit more plus they hit AoE, and 4 undead warriors have way better dps on 1vs1 than destroyer, so if I ever wanna solo hunt with gladiator blocking and 1 targeting, I'd go with warriors. I've been playing as a summoner since the beggining and it just feels useless compared to any other ultimate spell or summon. For example, Ash does way more dps than my destroyer with arcane missiles and I'm just like 20 levels away from him.

Also, is there any special reason why spellsingers and warriors can't ignore people while people can ignore them? I feel stupid when we're hunting in closed areas since everybody blocks my summons and I have to be resummoning them again in the middle of the crowd.

And finally, and just to remind you, since the healing got adjusted you should really take a look at it with summons. As I told you, I don't even try healing since it's useless, I just let them die and summon them again or take my wand off, put it on again and resummon.

Destroyer attacks stack on each other making big combos. They are also tankier than the other summons which allow them to be healed almost the same as Undead Gladiators. If they were all scaled the same they should be like last era which I have had all these summons on and destroyer was op.

- - - Updated - - -

Next.

2yyywyr.png

wi5a14.png

20ksj0m.png

ax02de.png

dm70jk.png

Dat exp...doesn't that feel like a bit too much after all these changes? Running d3 is even worth the exp. And Pen, I've been a summoner since the beggining of this era, and not the last one where everything was different, and I wouldn't use destroyer not even on 1vs1 when I have spellsingers for AoE and warriors hitting way more than destroyer on 1vs1. Being tankier is not a handicap since I can just summon any warrior/spellsinger that dies after a cooldown with not a single problem. And I don't know if you've seen the healing after these changes. I remember you healing 2k per great healing to your summons. On my level 300 with light healing level 10 they barely get 80-150, I could spam it for a couple minutes and I wouldn't have healed them for 2/3 of their health.

Just stop trying to be a know-all, destroyer is useless right now compared to other summons.

A know it all? I was trying to explain about the summons what I already knew. I didn't know healing was scaled down that much but w.e you wanna say. What lvl is your destroyer? Summoner seems pretty good actually but you know before destroyer was pretty op only problem with that was players did kill it pretty quickly back then as well.

I'm not trying to start things so settle yourself down. Although you'll want to talk about summoner but I will bring up divine aura a million times and that is balanced right? There are things that should still be fixed on server I just kind of want to get an idea of things as well. So I can abuse them. Thnx!

My destroyer at level 8 is hitting less than 4 of my undead warriors at the same level (30 soul each = 120 soul while destroyer takes 125). That doesn't feel really good, as I said I'm not even using it.
About last era's destroyer, wasn't it bugged at first? it one hitted me at level 600~, I never saw it after reworking if it ever was one.

Last post I talked about summoners healing, I didn't only mean to talk about what I heal to summons, but also what I heal myself. Spellsingers are pretty badass and so, and warriors are pretty decent 1vs1, but I heal myself by 40 with light healing level 10 at level 317 with 112% magic power. I mean, my armor is already reduced, and I can not use any other attack spell, and that seems fair, but the healing is absurd. I am pretty much defenseless while pvping, I have the dps but that's it. A mage on mage armor and arcane missiles has better dps and can heal properly, it just feels unfair since I can't outstand anything that hits more than 40 on necro armor, and without it I'm just useless.

About the divine aura, seeing how dps are now it might seem fair to take a look at it, although nobody prohibited you nor any of yours to do the academy and get it. It would be interesting seeing how pvp works when both teams have a couple divine auras on.

Thing about summoner is you don't have to use necrotic armor you can just as easy summon and use mage armor while throwing out atk spells and you would get a boost. I didn't know that necrotic armor gave a armor reduction I thought it was just the healing reduction. Also from what I know the destroyer wasn't bugged they were just really op. The necrotic armor is supposed to be where the summons are strong but if you go for the summoner rather than killing the summons they will drop easier because of the dmg boost and the healing of the summons.

Thing about divine aura is that it stacks if we all decided to get it like 5 ppl then we would be healing 500 every second and just because we get it and no one can kill eachother doesn't make it balanced.. No one can out dps that. Alot of things need to be worked on. I'm sure Xagul is reading and will think of something as he usually does and then later we "or maybe I" will QQ about anything else that stops me from killing ppl or them from killing me :D .

Well the thing about necro armor is that if I'm not using it I hit 30 instead of 300 per spellsinger per hit. It's not just about healing summons and increasing their speed now, it's also about the damage. Without it, summons are just useless, that's why I am forced to use it. I should be able to play full summoner and rely only on my summons and that should be balanced with others, I mean ofc I could get mage armor and train some decent spell, but then what would be the point of being a summoner?

About the divine aura, yea I think you're right there, 2 auras on a team already make them almost immortal. It has to be useful and a key spell in a battle or a hunt, but maybe not that much.

Update

New Spells:
  • Creeping Death - Soul Cost: 8 - Type: shadow/magic - Death will find them. It always does.
  • Transfusion - Soul Cost: 6 - Type: shadow/magic - Siphons a portion of the targets life and heals the caster.
  • Shadow Bomb - Soul Cost: 50 - Type: shadow/magic/ultimate - Creates a ball of shadow energy that will quickly expand and deal damage to all targets caught in the blast.
  • Malediction - Soul Cost: 8 - Type: shadow/magic - Cast a torrent of deathbats that inflict a deadly curse onto target.
  • Soul Disruption - Soul Cost: 50 - Type: shadow/magic/ultimate - Channels a devistating beam of shadow energy that deals damage. Both the caster and the target will be stunned for the duration of the channel.
  • Lightning Storm - Soul Cost: 30 - Type: ultimate/magic - Channels a storm of lightning bolts from the sky. The caster may not move for the duration of the channel.
  • Weapon Bola - Soul Cost: 8 - Type: attack/melee - Throws a spinning weapon at the target.
  • Iron Will - Soul Cost: 0 - Type: enhancement/melee - While this spell is active the user will counter attack instead of parry with swords. In addition the users parry chance will be increased substantially.

Spell Changes:
  • Meteor is now classified as an ultimate spell.
  • Divine Retribution soul cost has been reduced to 30 (down from 50).
  • Divine Retribution exhaust has been lowered to 2 seconds (down from 4.5). The charge time will remain the same.
  • Focused Barrage soul cost has been reduced to 30 (down from 50).
  • Focused Barrage exhaust has been lowered to 2 seconds (down from 4). The charge time will remain the same.
  • Shadow Blitz soul cost has been reduced to 30 (down from 50).
  • Arcane Torrent soul cost has been reduced to 50 (down from 75).
  • Divine Aura will now properly heal the caster if they are Non-PvP.
  • Divine Aura effectiveness has been increased by 50%.
  • Divine Aura will no longer reduce armor by 30% but will instead reduce damage dealt by 50%.
  • Blaze soul cost reduced to 5 per step (down from 10).
  • Blaze will no longer hit the caster.
  • Whirlwind soul cost has been reduced to 10 (down from 12).
  • Whirlwind will now hit 6 times (up from 5).
  • Lightning Bolt will no longer become exhausted for 2 seconds instead of 1 second in some cases.
  • Necrotic Armor will now apply all healing taken by the caster to all summons as well. This includes but is not limited to potions, self healing, heal friend, and regeneration.
  • Summon Destroyer: Dash distance reduced to 2 (down from 4). AoE damage output increased by about 15%. Single target damage output increased by about 25%.
  • Frenzy soul cost has been reduced to 6 (down from 10).

Other Changes:
  • Fixed a bug that caused player to be unable to push some green skulled monsters.
  • Players may now specify a spell to view when using !spells, this should make it easier for people with many spells to locate the one they want. Example: "!spells ice strike" will only display the info related to ice strike.

Last edited:
Players may now specify a spell to view when using !spells, this should make it easier for people with many spells to locate the one they want. Example: "!spells ice strike" will only display the info related to ice strike.
Very happy about this ; my spellbook isnt that big yet but pre reset it was incredibly tedious flipping through page after page just to find the spell you were looking for.

mmmm what's this say? Xagul is going to be a shadow mage. ahhh

If every time I add new a new spell is because I want to use it, I would be using a lot of spells. Unfortunately that is not the case and the entire reason I made the server have no vocs and lootable spells is so I can make all sorts of cool spells for people to use without being restricted by x vocation being op and having this and that spell.

Edit:
It has been brought to my attention that the wording on Soul Siphon is misleading. This will be reworded next update. The spell does NOT steal soul, it steals health.

Before:
Soul Siphon - Soul Cost: 6 - Type: shadow/magic - Siphons a portion of the targets soul and heals the caster.

After:
Transfusion - Soul Cost: 6 - Type: shadow/magic - Siphons a portion of the targets life and heals the caster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back