• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited patiently, checking every few minutes, and FINALLY it came back up. I was booted back off in 2 seconds.
----------
Gif failed. couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. fuck me right?

Attachments

• gorilla-walking-away-gif.jpg
    gorilla-walking-away-gif.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 20 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
03:41 Uptime: 24 hours and 32 minutes.

It was either DDoS or the company failing again, in any case the server did not crash. I'm not even sure why the word "crash" is being used anymore... servers don't crash anymore which is why 14 year olds are turning to DDoS.

03:41 Uptime: 24 hours and 32 minutes.

It was either DDoS or the company failing again, in any case the server did not crash. I'm not even sure why the word "crash" is being used anymore... servers don't crash anymore which is why 14 year olds are turning to DDoS.

Why dont you protect yourself against DDoS then ._. its so annoying to login then the ot crashes. hope u get it fixed soon

i agree he should get ddos protection .. why don't u donate enough to his server so he can :p

Yea must be easy and cheap to stop peopling from DdoS attacks, why didn't he do it before. duhhhhhhh gm.

It is cheap and easy.
Either get a better firewall or a VPN (Vpns doesnt fit for game hosting though :D)

- - - Updated - - -

i agree he should get ddos protection .. why don't u donate enough to his server so he can :p

Because im not playing hes server. Im just online a couple of times when im bored :p

It is cheap and easy.
Either get a better firewall or a VPN (Vpns doesnt fit for game hosting though :D)
If it is so cheap and easy, why don't you provide a link to this miracle solution of yours rather than talk out of your ass? I mean obviously you are new here on the internet but surely there must be some merit behind what you are saying unless you are truly ignorant? If you understand anything about how DDoS works you wouldn't have even mentioned firewall considering that has little to no effect at all. As for the VPN, although you did correct yourself in saying that it doesn't fit for game hosting I have to wonder why you bothered to put that in your post at all since you knew it was irrelevant as you were typing it. And I'm sorry if my response sounds harsh but your 2 posts are just about as useless as someone asking how to make a rope sing and someone responding "source edit".

We do have some protection, unfortunately sometimes it is not enough. There is a point where we have to draw the line. You have to realize that this is an OT Server. We are not developing a product we are developing an open source project and you are playing on it. Spending in excess of $500 a month to protect a private server with roughly 50 active players is just not realistic. Then again, we have been having problems with this host since the start so it may not have been an attack at all.

Idk what happened in the meantime,but when I played,it was userfriendly,very userfriendly :p

Idk what happened in the meantime,but when I played,it was userfriendly,very userfriendly :p
they don't rlly mean user friendly they mean dumb the game down cause most people are to dumb to figure stuff out

12:07 magical wall bomb
Requires:
Alchemy Skill [65]
1 large potion flask
1 pink epoch leaf

I see why magic wall aren't used more. Why is this so high? I just got my alchemy to 20 after making 100's maybe 1000's of pots. Can this please be lowered to a reasonable level? When I got 20 I thought to myself ~Finally I can get magic walls. This epic level of alchemy required gave me a surprise.

You all clearly don't understand how much DDOS protection is, It can be THOUSANDS of dollars, If it was as easy as "get ddos protection and done" it would be done.

If it is so cheap and easy, why don't you provide a link to this miracle solution of yours rather than talk out of your ass? I mean obviously you are new here on the internet but surely there must be some merit behind what you are saying unless you are truly ignorant? If you understand anything about how DDoS works you wouldn't have even mentioned firewall considering that has little to no effect at all. As for the VPN, although you did correct yourself in saying that it doesn't fit for game hosting I have to wonder why you bothered to put that in your post at all since you knew it was irrelevant as you were typing it. And I'm sorry if my response sounds harsh but your 2 posts are just about as useless as someone asking how to make a rope sing and someone responding "source edit".

We do have some protection, unfortunately sometimes it is not enough. There is a point where we have to draw the line. You have to realize that this is an OT Server. We are not developing a product we are developing an open source project and you are playing on it. Spending in excess of $500 a month to protect a private server with roughly 50 active players is just not realistic. Then again, we have been having problems with this host since the start so it may not have been an attack at all.

Wrong. A good working DDoS firewall sends back the attack to the sender so It is some kind of protection. So don't you come here and talk like you know everything to me.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/index.html

Wrong. A good working DDoS firewall sends back the attack to the sender so It is some kind of protection. So don't you come here and talk like you know everything to me.

I loled, that is a great plan! Not only will your downstream be clogged with thousands of useless packets, but now you want to also return those packets back to sender thus clogging upstream as well. You sir are genius! Btw why don't you go and buy one of those firewalls (for $12,000) and then let me know when u get it and we can test to see how effective it is!

Last edited:
More reports from your favourite summoner.

While in necro armor and NO summons out, I can use taunt, wild growth, ice block, etc. But once I've summoned a single monster, I am no longer able to use these. Seeing that necro is the only armor that doesn't allow you to use this kind of spells, which are pretty useful if hunting with lower levels (to taunt), in pvp (walls) or just in hardcore situations (ice block), makes me wonder if this was intended or just a side effect of not letting necro armors use any offensive spell. Could that be fixed? I'm not asking for "moar dps pls", but these kind of utilities should be able for everyone at anytime.

Seriously, this is really annoying. If you're not going to change it, at least tell me why it's been done this way, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back