• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn just wanted to start the server and i guess that it looks offline ;(

Despite me saying I wouldnt touch the server for a while I did log in and play a bit yesterday and I have to say it is pretty akward tbh.
At lvl 60 im just about strong enough to tank two hill giants without totally running out of soul but 4 can still completly fuck me up. The difference is just absolute night and day compared to how it used to be.
I cannot see anyone EVER getting strong enough to solo any hard monster later on because not only was player damage more than cut in half ( I dont exactly know how this is going to look when you start stacking alot of power again) but everything heals less AND costs 4x-5x as much soul. I think every single monster has to be rebalanced because could you imagine trying to kill pirates for example?
At 1.1k they werent that much of a problem at a maximum of 2-3 but I still had to heal very frequently which obviously wouldnt be possible anymore. If I compare the current situation to what I had I think I would have to stay at killer roaches until like 1k until I could maybe try smugglers till 1.5k. Pirates at maybe 2k? Might be even higher?
I might be wrong but that progression would be slow as FUCK and really doesnt sound very fun at all even speaking in the context of a low-exp server. I think thats also the point svjackal was trying to make. Even if you are just playing to have fu if it takes hours over hours of mindless grinding in places you should have outgeared and outleveled ages ago because the next hardest area completly kicks your ass, how is that particularly fun?

(This server is still really good but I think you should have made the changes just a tad less drastic)

Last edited:
tbh i think its more fun this way.. cos the botters arent gonna be the first to get all the best stuff this time around.
the healing means they cant just afk bot white/red skull monsters, the slower rates are also more in-line with a RPG server.. getting to 2k Power lvl within a month of the ot coming out ruined it in my opinion.
and yes the monsters are hard atm, xagul has already said that some or most monsters will still need a slight re-balance, but that doesnt mean its impossible to level, just means you have to be smart about what you hunt, or how you hunt.

i was hunting black skull stuff in the desert at lvl 60 as a mage. just kite and use obstacles, yes it takes a while, but again = black skulled monsters should. the chance for drops versus the chance to die is quite balanced atm, seeing as two scarabs = the amount of exp i lost if i died, id say its farely balanced, considering i looted loads of t3 and 4, when i was only wearing T1 and T2.

group hunting is also way better now, as xagul has buffed the heal friend spell, along with the other group healing spells, so hunting stronger monsters in a group is easier. 2 points in willpower = and i barely run out of soul spamming heal friend on my blocker while he tanks half a dungeon.

server is still fantastic, give xagul some time to fix the problems, and it'll be even better than now/before.

/ashrynn

tbh i think its more fun this way.. cos the botters arent gonna be the first to get all the best stuff this time around.
the healing means they cant just afk bot white/red skull monsters, the slower rates are also more in-line with a RPG server.. getting to 2k Power lvl within a month of the ot coming out ruined it in my opinion.
and yes the monsters are hard atm, xagul has already said that some or most monsters will still need a slight re-balance, but that doesnt mean its impossible to level, just means you have to be smart about what you hunt, or how you hunt.

i was hunting black skull stuff in the desert at lvl 60 as a mage. just kite and use obstacles, yes it takes a while, but again = black skulled monsters should. the chance for drops versus the chance to die is quite balanced atm, seeing as two scarabs = the amount of exp i lost if i died, id say its farely balanced, considering i looted loads of t3 and 4, when i was only wearing T1 and T2.

group hunting is also way better now, as xagul has buffed the heal friend spell, along with the other group healing spells, so hunting stronger monsters in a group is easier. 2 points in willpower = and i barely run out of soul spamming heal friend on my blocker while he tanks half a dungeon.

server is still fantastic, give xagul some time to fix the problems, and it'll be even better than now/before.

/ashrynn

me, ash, and aebischer make JAW DROPPING team ;) top 2 healers on the server right there ::p

^ I totally agree EDIT: The ^ was pointing your post, clubby231. I've been playing for a couple days again after the wipe and I love how I am forced to play manually. I don't even want to use a bot right now cause I know the chances of dieing are pretty high. Being harder to levels is way better, and not seeing people able to solo d1 in a week is just awesome. We had to get a fucking team and it was still a bit hard. I loved that rpg feeling again. What, you need level 2k to go pirates? then work hard for that and stop relying on your freaking bot to do all the work.

The only thing I see that might be a problem in the future is the lack of different spawns. Since it will be harder now to level up and as it has been said this will probably lead to getting stuck to the same monsters for more levels, it might get boring at some point, so some more low-mid level spawns with decent exp or at least similar to other spawns (just to break the routine) would be very appreciated (Yeah, I know this is way easier to say than to do, just stating my thoughts).

I think you pretty much saved the amazing server you made. It was getting really boring with all those MC's botting all day, even cavebotting was getting really boring since there was no real challenge anymore more than being the 1st. Now it will take way longer until we are able to make it to t5...

Keep up the good work Shawn!

Edit: AND WAKE UP ALREADY FFS, IT'S BEEN LIKE 10 HOURS SINCE THE SERVER WENT DOWN!

Last edited:
there is a HUGE variety of spawns, like right now the hill giant spawns to the east and south west of town are packed, but the HUGE Gremlin and outlaw spawn (which are easier than hill giants, and give the same tier 2 drops) are TOTALLY empty, the outlaw spawn for example is 5x better than hill giants spawn, cos it has mining spots, a daily chest, a huge variety of different outlaws, and its just more fun in general. there are lots of spawns most people dont even know about because they dont explore, or because they dont see theyre names in the taxidermy.

i find the server way more fun now than before the reset, 'cos its a real challenge to achieve what we had before now, rather than just buying chain lightning and two shotting red skull mobs!

servers still amazing, and pretty much everyone whos bothered to give it a proper try after restart probly agrees :D

EDIT:
some one needs to go throw a bucket of water over shawns head to wake him the f**k up

there is a HUGE variety of spawns, like right now the hill giant spawns to the east and south west of town are packed, but the HUGE Gremlin and outlaw spawn (which are easier than hill giants, and give the same tier 2 drops) are TOTALLY empty, the outlaw spawn for example is 5x better than hill giants spawn, cos it has mining spots, a daily chest, a huge variety of different outlaws, and its just more fun in general. there are lots of spawns most people dont even know about because they dont explore, or because they dont see theyre names in the taxidermy.

i find the server way more fun now than before the reset, 'cos its a real challenge to achieve what we had before now, rather than just buying chain lightning and two shotting red skull mobs!

servers still amazing, and pretty much everyone whos bothered to give it a proper try after restart probly agrees :D

Well you know how helpful a high hunting level is in the future, and even more now since it is harder to level up, so not being able to make tasks of one monster pretty much fucks up that spawn and makes the "taskable" ones crowded. Maybe a better way to improve this would be to add more monsters to the taxidermy.

theres only tasks for certain monsters, cos some spawns are too good to have a task. imagine having a normal scarab task, i got lvl 150 to 350 in a day before reset on scarabs, its an amazing spawn, 4-5 floors of scarabs and larvas, massacres going for chains of 500 (like 12mill exp for the massacre, + 20-50mill exp an hour) Then add a Task onto that for 2k hunting exp and 2mill Exp = lvl 1000 in like 2 days. would ruin the rpg, so he limits the Tasks to harder monsters, or the 'worse spawns' to make up for it.

you can choose between amazing exp and loot, or mediocre exp/loot + task to raise your hunting level and future exp.

i like the system tbh, right now id rather focus on loot and exp, then catch up with hunting levels later on when i can do the harder tasks for insane Hunting exp ^.^

also most of the low level task monsters are kinda boring to hunt, i prefer the spawn variety of the non-task mobs pre-desert :D

/ashrynn

Yeah that makes sense. Except for wyrms, wyrms was great exp and task. But I kind of agree with the other ones.

Sorry about the downtime, we are having some hardware issues. We are doing our best to get this resolved however I was sleeping (it is 3 AM right now). But wow I must say, dedicated hosting... what a nightmare. I could throw this OT up on a laptop and experience less issues. Hopefully we can get the company to fix this shit once and for all today.

Sorry about the downtime, we are having some hardware issues. We are doing our best to get this resolved however I was sleeping (it is 3 AM right now). But wow I must say, dedicated hosting... what a nightmare. I could throw this OT up on a laptop and experience less issues. Hopefully we can get the company to fix this shit once and for all today.

you were sleeping in this dire time of need? SHAME ON YOU.
Lol but seriously, dedicated hosting is the bane of OTs.. too bad theres no easy solution to retarded hosting companies.
i mean seriously, how hard is it to NOT spill your tea into the host machine, come on.

good luck on fixing it it, were all waiting for good news! :D

omg is life really worth living?!?! Fuck this i'm taking the short way out. pce ,!,

I AM BORED!

ps : i know its not your fault, but try to hurry it up :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back