• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reduce soul cost/increase amount healed for self healing spells (or both I'm not sure)
Increase the effectiveness of numerous perks so they are more appealing.
Add basic health and mana potions to the shop for people who do not want to sit and pick flowers all day.
Reduce the armor penalty of most enhancement spells so they are more useful. (atm it just makes you die faster than you already do)

These are good changes. Only thing I'm worried about is that you'll change them all at once and it may seem good but things are overlooked and we are in a situation where things become too easy or to hard. For example the willpower perk soul regen was reduced but also healing spells soul cost increased while healing less hp.

Update

Added 9 new achievements for leveling up artisan skills. These achievements will reward an additonal perk point. The goal is to provide more perks for players to spend so they dont have to limit themselves to only willpower.
In addition there will be a few perk changes:
  • Expertise: Effectiveness increased to 6% (up from 3%).
  • Technique: Effectiveness increased to 6% (up from 3%).
  • Resilience: Effectiveness increased to 2% (up from 1.5%).
  • Uncontrollable Rage: Armor penalty reduced to 10% (down from 20%).
  • Vampiric Touch: Effectiveness increased back to 1%.

Spell Changes:
  • Heal Bot will no longer heal people that are not in the same party as the summoner.
  • Divine Aura will no longer heal through walls.
  • Shadow Blitz will no longer teleport players out of the mini-game.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to train spells on summoned Destroyers.
  • Natures Grace: Armor penalty reduced to 10%.
  • Shadow Armor: Armor penalty reduced to 10%.
  • Mage Armor: Armor penalty reduced to 15%.
  • Iron Grip: Armor penalty reduced to 10%.
  • Tactical Marksmanship: Armor penalty reduced to 10%.
  • Light Healing: Soul cost reduced to 5 (down from 10).
  • Great Healing: Soul cost reduced to 10 (down from 15).
  • Grand Healing: Soul cost reduced to 15 (down from 20).
  • Divine Healing: Soul cost reduced to 20 (down from 25).

Other Changes:
  • The Apothecary will now sell basic health and mana potions for 75gp each.
  • Medical Marijuana is now consumable by using a water-pipe.
  • Killing monsters that yield experience will no longer grant bonus soul regeneration.
  • Base soul regeneration increased to 4 per second (up from 2).
  • Health of monsters in the 5th dungeon have been reduced by about 30%.
  • Fixed a tile that allowed players with attacks and spells with a range of 6 to hit the 5th dungeon boss without taking damage.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the 4th dungeon boss from walking to the center if blocked by a magic wall or wild growth.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some special monster abilities to deal excessive amounts of unintended damage.
  • Ruthless Orc Warlord and Captain Grey Beard healing has been reduced.
  • Armor effectiveness has been increased slightly.
  • Base damage gained from magic/ranged/melee power has been increased slightly.
  • Mana Shields power level ratio has been reduced.

Edit:
A bit of information regarding the use of all the different perks.

Total perk usage between all players:
1) Expertise - 93
2) Technique - 39
3) Physician - 23
4) Resilience - 30
5) Willpower - 518
6) Precision - 3
7) Agility - 10
8) Clotting - 6
9) Intuition - 57
10) Prosperity - 116
11) Divinity - 7
12) Mindblast - 26
13) Uncontrollable Rage - 13
14) Conman - 10
15) Soul Siphoning - 13
16) Vampiric Touch - 40
17) Artisan - 152

Last edited:
12) Mindblast - 26

that would be me and aero + some random guy, seeing as me and aero use 10/10 each XD

Edit:

Best update. ever. ! :D

Last edited:
Awesome changes xagul. Although tbh if the changes hadn't been so drastic there wouldnt have been a reason to change half of the stuff back halfway.
Tuning > complete overhaul of everything.

Awesome changes xagul. Although tbh if the changes hadn't been so drastic there wouldnt have been a reason to change half of the stuff back halfway.
Tuning > complete overhaul of everything.

Yes but the big thing everyone wanted was a challenge and team hunting. Turns out people don't really want that so now I have to start changing things back to being able to solo hunt. This is the way beta works xD

does willpower effect BASE regen or total regen?

ie does the buff to base regen improve willpower even more? or is the formula un-effected by the soul regen change?

First of all, just because you run around botting 6 characters so you can loot every spell in the game and then take 10 people to wyrms and crush them at level 300 does not mean "wyrms are now a level 300 monster". All cheese tactics aside, you will not be hunting wyrms at 300. With that said, I am working on the jungle and I have said that already. What you fail to realize is that I am developing this server by myself and although you may like to mass bot and no life the server I do enjoy doing stuff other than working from time to time. Unfortunately if you are going to continue playing the way you are then you will have to wait for content. Right now whats more important to me is making the server enjoyable for people that are playing solo.
And funny enough you think I made this server require a team and THEN made quara area split, its the other way around there big guy.

P.S.
I have put more hours into the development of this server than you have worked a job in your entire life. Don't you fucking dare try to imply that I am not doing anything.

Oh wow those exaggerations gg. Whether or not I bot chars for spells is irrelevant, the majority of the spells I use are from buying from other players. (4 chars btw ;) )
Never been to wyrms with 10 people but I'd imagine that'd be some pretty shitty exp.
Cheese tactics are in the server for a reason and believe it or not we were able to team hunt wyrms with a blocker and 2 healers at lvl 300-400 (ohnobuttheyrelvl600creas)
From what I've seen you've made several small changes in the very recent small update so solo hunting clearly hasn't been your main priority since we've been complaining about the t6-t7 stalemate for the last week or so.
Whether you'd like to believe it or not I'm not the only one who's stuck at t6, if I'm not correct I believe a player or two has actually reached lvl 600 in Ultimatum whereas I've yet to reach lvl 500.
What does it matter if the team split in quaras was added before or after the wipe? It should be acknowledged as wrong for the updates you've made since the reset and changed but yet you still decline to post your opinion on it when I've mentioned it to you several times.

None of this was meant to be any cheap shots against you as a administrator. I'm simply a player whos bored of doing the same thing whenever I'm playing for far too long for my preference, obviously I love the server and enjoy playing it and just want to see it progress.

Last edited:
mmm we don't even have very many t6 items here in Ultimatum. I believe it is just from the downtime of not being able to team hunt as much. I've been told you have a t8 piece though. Those under water monsters are hard we made an attempt at it and we were demolished. The underwater split is annoying but I think it only isn't possible atm because of our levels and the state soul/healing was after the changes. I think with the recent changes and more ppl being lvld and geared we could definitely make our way into the islands.

yeah we got super lucky on a demon, when we were using cheese tactics, kille dlike 3, got a T8 lol, bridge troll dropped a T7 too but we smashed it LOL

The recent update was really good, now the only thing I want changed is fishing. Revert to old fishing pl0x.

So how's the server going now? Seems like there still only very few people playing it. I'll consider playing again after beta.

Tier 1/Casual Set

Cost To Smith*: 10 (ten) chunks of tin
Skill Required To Smith: 0 (zero) smithing
Cost To Craft At Colosseum: 7 (seven) colosseum credits

wDwCxNa.png

Necklace: Crystal Necklace
Helmet: Rugged Hat
Armor: Rugged Coat
Legs: Rugged Legs
Ring: Rough Watch
Boots: Silly Slippers
Shield: Copper Shield

Spellbook: Rugged Spellbook

Range Weapon: Slingshot
Axe Weapon: Axe
Magic Weapon: Snake Staff
Club Weapon: Wooden Club
Sword Weapon: Sword
Dagger Weapon: Knife

Tier 2/Tropic Set

Cost To Smith*: 20 (twenty) chunks of tin
Skill Required To Smith: 5 (five) smithing
Cost To Craft At Colosseum: 9 (nine) colosseum credits

WB8v09B.png

Necklace: Bone Necklace
Helmet: Nature Wreath
Armor: Silk Shirt
Legs: Nature Legs
Ring: Fingercuffs
Boots: Nature Shoes
Shield: Shell Shield

Spellbook: Paper Spellbook

Range Weapon: Bow
Axe Weapon: Hand Axe
Magic Weapon: Sandstorm Staff
Club Weapon: Massive Femur
Sword Weapon: Sinister Sword
Dagger Weapon: Sinister Knife

Tier 3/Wooden Set

Cost To Smith*: 10 (ten) chunks of copper
Skill Required To Smith: 10 (ten) smithing
Cost To Craft At Colosseum: 13 (thirteen) colosseum credits

Mlq46J8.png

Necklace: Silver Necklace
Helmet: Wooden Helmet
Armor: Wooden Armor
Legs: Wooden Legs
Ring: Wooden Ring
Boots: Wooden Boots
Shield: Wooden Shield

Spellbook: Brown Spellbook

Range Weapon: Serrated Spear
Axe Weapon: Battle Axe
Magic Weapon: Wooden Staff
Club Weapon: Studded Club
Sword Weapon: Rapier
Dagger Weapon: Dagger

*Smithing is commonly referred to as "re-rolling" or "re-forging"

Last edited:
Nice, so that's where you wanted those low tier items for. If you need help I see or I can farm some t4s for you. T5 will could be quite hard, but t6 will be easy again. The staff is the only t6 item I can't provide you with immediately.

Since the change in the fishing system was only to make it harder for botters there's no real need for the fishing how it is now yes. It can easily be botted with 100% efficiency if you know a place with only 1 square of fish-able water (I know two of those). I'm also a bit disappointed that you won't catch anything new once you've reached fishing 30, but that you have to wait till fishing 40 whereas with mining you mine something new every 10 levels. I do understand that the variety of fish is much smaller, but people also won't get their fishing as high as their mining since mining is considered way more important by (almost) the entire community.

Edit:
If the jungle gets opened in lets say a week we can gear up there. If not we should wait till multiple people are level 600, do d5 and after that try to jump into the dangerous waters with like 10 people. When I end up with a healer and a damage dealer after the split, my group of three will be able to make it I believe. The change in healing cost, armor formula, increase of base damage, improvement of several perks and the extra perk points makes it much easier. It will still be very hard though, but not impossible.

Last edited:
botting is allowed in this server? if so i'm not even going to try it :s

Nope, they will come out together with the jungle. When the jungle comes out is unknown yet, but I don't think that it will take much longer. I don't know or people will be able to reach the t4 altar as soon as the jungle comes out though since it will be though.
The mobs that will run around like deer, bunnies, wolves and bears will be almost as strong as a Sand Wyrm. At least they were that strong when he tested them.

Edit:
Yes it is Hehemidu. Your best bet will be to wait on Thronar or if that takes much longer Necronia.

botting is allowed in this server? if so i'm not even going to try it :s

Afk botting it hard though becouse you get to a minigame when ur stamina is to low and if you dont do it you are getting warned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back