• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] The Lost Kingdom Server (custom client)

@Zasranets point 8 meaning there's too many spawns that allow that kind of hunting yeah?
Well considering it was an Evo based server the running around and spamming an AOE was expected. Then it switched from teleports into waypoints.
The monsters/spawns themselves didn't really change much. The only time you hunt 1 v 1 would be a boss. So to answer your question, yes.

Here are some of my brutally honest thoughts:
  1. There wasn't really that much of a map to explore. It was the same maps from the teleport version aside from a few new places. Those maps are alright for a teleport server, but if you're making a map for players to explore at least try to make it look nice. Fill it with nice looking maps, secrets, cool quests, puzzles, riddles, NPCs, etc..
  2. A lot of the chests I found didn't work properly and there were no cool quests to find. It was just simple click on a chest quests.
  3. The dungeons were nothing special. All you do is run around with your friends and spam your AOE spells. The bosses were also just a sit and tank for a few minutes. You should add in unique mechanics.
  4. The vocations are such a mess lol. I don't even feel like getting into it.
  5. The quest room is pretty much empty. There are some real tibia quests along with a FEW other custom quest. There should really be many many more.
  6. The void is too op. You are able to get tons of coins and it's the best leveling places that I've ever found.
  7. Hunting in a party is broken. It seems that the more players there are the more EXP you get and for some reasons it's way more than it should be.
  8. The server is still based on running around and using AOE spells.
  9. The farming system was pretty unless. Why grow herbs and crystals if you can go outside the city and find tons of them that re-spawn within 5-10 minutes.
  10. The crafting crafting of equipment became pretty useless once you added in those new sets/set bonuses.
  11. The exp to difficultly ratio of some monsters doesn't make sense.
  12. The raids rarely happen and even when they do the loot from the boss is terrible.
I gotta agree with you here, these points that you make are infact true. Having more mechanics with boss fights would be nice, the only boss fight some kind of mechanic at the moment would be Gaz'Haragoth at the end of the lv700 weapon quest.
He does a UE (which one hits I believe?) after he says "DEATH AND DOOM" and therefore you need to go up the stairs but thats about it.. This kind of mechanic or any mechanic for that matter, would be cool to add to the bosses to not make it so one sided each time you farm a boss. Also at point 3 you say that he should add more unique mechanics into the dungeons, so to make the job easier, what kind of mechanic are you suggesting?
-

The Ferumbras boss "room" has these pillars surronding it. Utulize those, maybe make him do an UE that can only be avoided if you hide behind them. Maybe make him spawn a bit stronger monster once or twice which makes Ferumbras invulnerable until you kill those spawned mobs. These are just ideas of mine, but it would make boss fights more fun if stuff like these were added. Atleast to the high level bosses, so don't be afraid to make things hard, just not stuff that's too annoying.

//
Faarf (Elnarith)

Last edited:
Hello all guys! and thanks for this discussion. Let's start!

first of all, about shades. Shades right now aint op, which is op is being lvl 1500 with spell critical and spell critical increase. So yeah, im changing the way critical and spell critical works so vocations are more balanced. My thoughts on critical are the these: Critical and Spell critical will now cost more skill points, meaning that if you want a high critical chance (get it capped to max) you will need to be at least level 2000. I dont really want people level 800 hitting always critical, is way too op.
Secondly, spell critical damage and critical damage are dissapearing from skill points table for everybody. There will be some items, and sets that increases a bit your critical damage, but going from *1.75 to *4 wont be possible anymore because its game breaking shit.
Then im going to add 2 new options, base spell damage, and base damage for melee. Meaning that each point will raise a % of spell damage or autoattacks damage. (Meaning that your criticals will be stronger in both cases aswell).

Okey, now lets go to other posts.
1. About the map: I know there isnt many quests to do, and the map is totally custom, and made by myself, which is so time consuming. (I hired a mapper, so this may change soon).
2. About the chest they have been fixed, but i know what you mean about the riddles and so.
3. I've been thinking about the bosses and dungeons. adding something speciall would be better, and i have some ideas on it. Also, about the bosses i have a scripter aswell now, and it may change soon aswell.
4. That doesnt help much, at all.
5. its been spoken of already.
6. Thats the point. I want you to go to the void everytime it opens cause its better. (maybe its unbalanced and way too op, ill check experience and drop ratios for that matter).
7. Thats intended, i changed the source code to change that exactly. I want people to hunt together, to do things together, to call their friend to play together. (Maybe its a bit too high, ill check it)
8. I WILL GET TO THIS POINT LAST.
9. Yeah the farming system should be totally revised, i agree, it sux hard lol.
10. Im adding set bonus to crafted items, and other sets like demon armor, shield, helmet, legs.. (chance to maybe summon a demon? dunno.. we'll see).
11. If you dont say which ones i cant do much about it!
12. More raids. got it.

Okey. Point 8!!

This have been going around so long and i tried many things here and these are my ideas on that:

first idea: getting the CD so high as real tibia for AoE. (30-45 seconds for AoE spells). This will do people to only use aoe when totally needed.
Second idea: Setting the mana consumption for AoEs really high, like.. super high. So you will only use them when you are full and not in much danger.
Third idea: lowering its damage to the shit, but having low CD aswell. So the single target damage is the same as the sum of all hitted monsters by the AoE. (single target spell does 1k. AoE hit 5 monsters, it will deal 200 dmg to the 5 monsters)

I know this is an issue, I DONT EVEN LIKE IT! but when i nerf and nerf aoe, people complains waaaaaaay too much. People even stopped playing because they cant kill 9 monsters at same time. Well ITS NOT INTENTED. So, what to do here exactly? im open to any suggestion in this matter. I need to know what will it be fine to you guys, since you are the ones playing it. I've been hearing you guys for long now, and i intend to keep it that way.

@kosan100 Thanks for the ideas. I have some ideas already, but that will help. (Also, the death and doom shit, one hit you always, it doesnt matter how much hp you have :p)

Thanks for your answer, it surely did clear up some stuff. Also, the exori sin ki spell for shades and the guardian spell where you can drag enemies to your position needs a fix (which you already knew but I am just reminding). Both of those are possible to do through walls, and it's easily exploited.

Hello all guys! and thanks for this discussion. Let's start!

first of all, about shades. Shades right now aint op, which is op is being lvl 1500 with spell critical and spell critical increase. So yeah, im changing the way critical and spell critical works so vocations are more balanced. My thoughts on critical are the these: Critical and Spell critical will now cost more skill points, meaning that if you want a high critical chance (get it capped to max) you will need to be at least level 2000. I dont really want people level 800 hitting always critical, is way too op.
Secondly, spell critical damage and critical damage are dissapearing from skill points table for everybody. There will be some items, and sets that increases a bit your critical damage, but going from *1.75 to *4 wont be possible anymore because its game breaking shit.
Then im going to add 2 new options, base spell damage, and base damage for melee. Meaning that each point will raise a % of spell damage or autoattacks damage. (Meaning that your criticals will be stronger in both cases aswell).

Okey, now lets go to other posts.
1. About the map: I know there isnt many quests to do, and the map is totally custom, and made by myself, which is so time consuming. (I hired a mapper, so this may change soon).
2. About the chest they have been fixed, but i know what you mean about the riddles and so.
3. I've been thinking about the bosses and dungeons. adding something speciall would be better, and i have some ideas on it. Also, about the bosses i have a scripter aswell now, and it may change soon aswell.
4. That doesnt help much, at all.
5. its been spoken of already.
6. Thats the point. I want you to go to the void everytime it opens cause its better. (maybe its unbalanced and way too op, ill check experience and drop ratios for that matter).
7. Thats intended, i changed the source code to change that exactly. I want people to hunt together, to do things together, to call their friend to play together. (Maybe its a bit too high, ill check it)
8. I WILL GET TO THIS POINT LAST.
9. Yeah the farming system should be totally revised, i agree, it sux hard lol.
10. Im adding set bonus to crafted items, and other sets like demon armor, shield, helmet, legs.. (chance to maybe summon a demon? dunno.. we'll see).
11. If you dont say which ones i cant do much about it!
12. More raids. got it.

Okey. Point 8!!

This have been going around so long and i tried many things here and these are my ideas on that:

first idea: getting the CD so high as real tibia for AoE. (30-45 seconds for AoE spells). This will do people to only use aoe when totally needed.
Second idea: Setting the mana consumption for AoEs really high, like.. super high. So you will only use them when you are full and not in much danger.
Third idea: lowering its damage to the shit, but having low CD aswell. So the single target damage is the same as the sum of all hitted monsters by the AoE. (single target spell does 1k. AoE hit 5 monsters, it will deal 200 dmg to the 5 monsters)

I know this is an issue, I DONT EVEN LIKE IT! but when i nerf and nerf aoe, people complains waaaaaaay too much. People even stopped playing because they cant kill 9 monsters at same time. Well ITS NOT INTENTED. So, what to do here exactly? im open to any suggestion in this matter. I need to know what will it be fine to you guys, since you are the ones playing it. I've been hearing you guys for long now, and i intend to keep it that way.

@kosan100 Thanks for the ideas. I have some ideas already, but that will help. (Also, the death and doom shit, one hit you always, it doesnt matter how much hp you have :p)
So rather then a nerf why not just fix single target

edit: Or have some stronger creature reflecting back some dmg. The way i see it,if you nerf aoe theres no way anyone joining will ever be able to compete with these high levels EVER.

What AoE has to do with competing with higher levels? Lower levels have more exp ratio than higher ones.

The thing here is not to fix single target. The thing we are aiming here is to STOP people hunting tons of mobs just spaming AoE spells.
I know what you mean by getting closer to higher levels, but they wont be able to hunt with AoE anymore aswell, and im implementing a code that if you are like 50% less level than top one, you'll get bonus exp to compensate.

So yeah, we need a fix for AoE spells, which one depends on you guys.

A quick thing to help to fix the AoE would to not be able to crit and possibly make it scale a bit less with ML if it still does too much damage. Also put up the exhaust rate a bit more and buff the single target spells for mages/shapes (not sd tho its already strong enough especially the crafted one). That's what I can come up with at the moment.

if you will "fix" -Ha- AoE spells... shades/arches will be op like just single target like you install the bot auto attack and cave bot ez, ez level, ez all just auto attack a monster and fking one shot it like WOOOHOOO no wonder if a shade can solo 800 dng... ya if you are about to "fix" xDDD!!! AoE spells well the way is easy think about it like just add 4x4 AoE spells and make more Rangers monsters ...

Server finally up! Later today or tomorrow there will be an update with fixes and new content!

I cant login on the site because it says I can do it only if I am logged o_O

edition:
Just after I post here, I have logged in successfully :p

On monday will be deployed 2 new HC dungeons, and the new balanced critical system. Along with bugfixes and if i got time some fun quest i have half done.

Delayed, since my scripter didnt finish some things.

Hm, are you guys still keeping up withthe server? It's been so lonely in the past few days and my character is a little messed up... :/

Server started crashing a day or two ago, it seems the server can't stay online for more than 5 minutes at a time currently.

Also, why does melee% on items not increase fisting skill? It's kinda shitty to play shapeshifter when I can't enchant my equipment with something to increase my damage other than flat atk or atk% on weapons

Back