• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Switzerland] [8.7] Ascalon | custom MID-EXP RPG with unique gameplay

It sounds nice but it seems like that would force you to play a certain way, ie just killing people and not killing any skulls or just skullbushing instead of doing a mix of those things that you do in normal pvp.

Yea, somewhat near that =D Doing advanced anti-bot feature, to keep gaming fair this edition.

Also, I'm currently thinking about replacing PvP system with the one we have used on ForgottenL server. What it's about? There is a value, currently used for PvP rank, it will be replaced with so called Reputation.
If you are killing a player, whos level is not much lower than yours(>70%?), your reputation is being changed. For each kill of player when you're a initiator, you're losing 1 reputation point. For every kill on player who is in battle(if he attacked you or anyone else) you're gaining 1 reputation point. Players with battle(pzlock) are being marked with red square so it's some kind of PZLOCK displaying.
After reaching specific amount of reputation(positive or negative) player is being marked with permanent skull and rank, depending on reputation level.
Battle and pzlock working for players with skulls same as for everyone, skulls are just informing everyone about players reputation.

Why I need reputation?
Having bad(for unjustified player kills) or good(killing pkers and players with bad reputation) reputation, is own choice of every player, however there are ingame features limited only for specific reputations(f.e. there will be spells or areas available only after reaching specific level or reputation). There will protection from cheating on reputation points, aswell as death penalty will be different(as its actually pvp enfo). There may be protection for player if he is being killed few times within a short period of time, aswell as he won't lose experience or reputation if he's getting killed[hunted] by same persons all over again.

Thats a really good news! Finally players will stop complain about botters. Reputation system sounds really great, it will reduce power abuse, so hunted players wont leave that fast.

"P.S. 16:46 You see a sword of justice (Atk: 780, Grade: 8, vocation: Berserkers, weight: 50.00 oz.)."
So there are higher grade items comming this time or just for berserker?

Right now only grade 8 weapon in available, there is a weapon for every vocation. Assuming more grade 7-8 sets coming aswell.

love that ur working on an antibot system :D,

About the reputation, i like it but IMO reputation gain shouldnt result in different spells/areas unlocked because there are many players that play only to rpg and not to pvp and thus they wont get to experience the server to the fullest. I would say when u get certain reputation points u get a special outfit or special mount. People will still want to get the reputation because this extra outfit or mount will give you some extra in the bonus department.
Also some penalty for major player killers (low reputatio) could be a speed debuff or twice the amount to buy for blessings.

cant wait to play this again :)

Hoho -
Hey Fare,

Why not opening the website already? So we can organize explorations ...

ps: Going to start again ;)

Can't -( Have no hosting atm, need to rent some dedicated or vps for webpage first. Will be done in few days I assume.

Hi Fare this is Lisa. Me and Chinkrolls are excited about Ascalon opening again. We have been playing another OT and it kinda sucks. Nothing as good as yours. Okay not just kinda but completely sucks lol. Can't wait to see the new changes. :D

I'm currently living away from home, so I'm not able to keep everything fine. I will be back to home since 18.10; Will probably order dedicated same day.

wow this server looks amazing i haven't really played tibia since 2008-2009 and i played edheria and everything i've been seeing in the past month or 2 is utter garbage there are like 1 or 2 good servers out there but nothing like before i cant wait to check this one out tho, really looking forward to it.

Back