• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sword of Fury

I was thinking about that myself. I remember before the days of using worms(which actually confused me whenever they were introduced), but maybe after making the sword disappear we have to fish for an item without worms. Thinking of it as a programmer, imagine the conditional statement for fishing:
Code:
Private Sub waterTile_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    If player.ContainsWorms Then
        'Chance of catching fish
    ElseIf Not player.ContainsWorms Then
        'Chance of catching something else(key?)
    End If
End Sub
I'm not saying that's what happens, I'm just saying that it's easy to make it happen programming-wise.

Nothing in programming is impossible :).. but fishing at random spot doesnt make any sense or does it? Under the spike sword on the west there is waterfall. Maybe its the place where we should start fishing without worms?

but fishing at random spot doesnt make any sense or does it? Under the spike sword on the west there is waterfall. Maybe its the place where we should start fishing without worms?
I was also thinking about the pond in the bear cave. The reason I mention this is because of a thought that I had:

1) Fish can be found in the underground pond in mintwallin
2) Markwin(the king of Mintwallin) is said to have never fully recovered from an encounter with a dragon
3) There is a dead dragon which gives you a copper shield(the best shield in rook) in that same cave.

anyway I find this way to get the sword a bit silly, I imagine getting the sword after killing mino mage or as reward of defeating him, or maybe after resolving the problem that every NPC have with Every NPC, as almost every one have a relation with some one.. maybe i'm wrong but who knows..

anyway I find this way to get the sword a bit silly, I imagine getting the sword after killing mino mage or as reward of defeating him, or maybe after resolving the problem that every NPC have with Every NPC, as almost every one have a relation with some one.. maybe i'm wrong but who knows..
Knightmare said that we are seraching too far.. maybe it means that it doesnt have connection with minotaur mage?

the problem is that people don't know where to start, maybe making it disappearing is the start?

Yeah, he is afraid of rabbits. One connection that I made was that rabbits drop carrots and so do minotaur mages.

I also read up on the interview with dennis and noticed this:

Don't know if it's a coincidence but _is_ has a blank before and after it. 2 four letter words with "is" in the middle are fist and fish. Like I said, it could just be a coincidence or something not really worth reading into, but it's just something I picked up on.

It also got me thinking that the fish in the troll caves kind of looks like a sword fish.
probably just there for extra emphasis

Santiago says this
XXX: gossip
Santiago
: Did you hear that story about me catching this HUUUUGE fish?! It was so big that I couldn't pull it on board of my ship... and... and ...

well.. maybe its not connected with spike sword, because back then santiago doesnt exist?
Santiago is a reference to the character with the same name from the Old Man and the Sea, which catches a huge fish that gets torn apart by sharks, and no one believes him, so that's where that came from. Anyway, I'm pretty dead set on the idea of it being with cipfried, because he's humble, and the tp in the mino mage room leads directly back to the temple.

I examined the boxes in both rooms above Tom's shop and something I noticed is that all of the containers(including the wardrobe) gives a volume which means that none of them are a quest box. Doesn't mean that the lever doesn't do anything, just means that the boxes don't mean anything.

I also found that Cipfried mentions the word humble when asked about Obi:
Cipfried: Obi's shop is to the north-east of this humble temple. He sells weapons, and his granddaughter Dixi sells armor and shields upstairs.

Last edited:
15:35 **** [22]: druid
15:35 Hyacinth: There are only two other druids on Rookgaard, Lily and Cipfried.
15:36 ***** [22]: lily
15:36 Hyacinth: She's a druid. Since she started selling health potions, people visit me only rarely. Which is a good thing, but of course I'll help if I'm needed.
15:36 ****** [22]: help
15:36 Hyacinth: What help do you seek? I sell health potions, ask me for a trade if you need one.

15:41 ***** [22]: cipfried
15:41 Hyacinth: His healing powers equal mine.

IMPORTANT:
When you say "Cronur" to Hyacinth it spell on you some kind of magic (magic effect appears on your char)

15:46 ***** [22]: Crunor
15:46 Hyacinth: May Crunor bless you and protect you on your journeys!

maybe some clue?

Last edited:
So lets start with this theory:
1. we walked on 2 "random" tiles so the sword disappear.
2. We have to fish somewhere without worms??? (possible trolls on mino hell??? bear cave??)
3. ------------------
Someone can check it? I don't have time right now so.. i gonna try tommorow but it would be nice if someone could post the results.

Well, I remember a guy who has the files told me in 7.72 times it was some sort of annih you needed to stand on 4 tiles but they were spreaded around rookgaard. if this is true not sure he can be lying tho

lyr6Egtm.png

Maybe a good spot to test fishing rod after make disappear the sword, it's down the island

Back