• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ [TFS 0.4] XP bonus for those using the server client

Farathor

Reaction score
Hello guys, I would like to know if there is any way for me to identify if the player is playing for the server client or for the cipsoft client. I wanted to make a system that would give 5% more XP to players using the server client

Hello Farathor,

There are many approaches to this, if you're skilled enough and you're using OTClient you can send an extra packet to tell the server that you're using your own client.

With that said, it's pretty easy to tell the server to add whatever bonus you want to those players with a simple if statement.

Best Wishes,
Okke

Hello Farathor,

There are many approaches to this, if you're skilled enough and you're using OTClient you can send an extra packet to tell the server that you're using your own client.

With that said, it's pretty easy to tell the server to add whatever bonus you want to those players with a simple if statement.

Best Wishes,
Okke
Hello Okke, I didn't want to do this using OTClient, I wanted to use the normal client but the one that connects directly with the server, you know?

You won't be able to do that very easily as there are no sources to the client you're using, you could do it via a DLL that gets loaded into the client and send packets, or maybe check for some metadata information on the custom client you built but it's no easy task if you don't know what you're doing.

You won't be able to do that very easily as there are no sources to the client you're using, you could do it via a DLL that gets loaded into the client and send packets, or maybe check for some metadata information on the custom client you built but it's no easy task if you don't know what you're doing.

I saw this on an 8.60 server called NEWTIBIA, when you use the server client, you get 5% more XP

Back