• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows [tfs 1.0] strange RAM loss

zbizu

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Something strange happens like 15 minutes after server startup. It's memory usage in task manager gets bigger(+4k/s, it's 1gb after ~3 days) even when there are no players online. Not just when server loads, but like 15 minutes later. I can't locate script responsible for that. It could be related to npcsystem, but when I remove npcs from map, it doesn't stop. I tried to disable globalevents and creaturescripts, but it didn't help and I can't see any infinite addevent loop in npc scripts.

Is there any program which can tell me what lua script or at least variable takes so much RAM?

Last edited:
I noticed my computer being alot slower then usual, I might have the same problem but can't tell to 100%.

Kind Regards,
Eldin

I noticed my computer being alot slower then usual, I might have the same problem but can't tell to 100%.

Kind Regards,
Eldin
It may be related to map size(tfs map uses 170 mb, map with size 40mb uses 1gb).
My problem is either source or lua-sided.

memory usage depends on the map size, that's why RL maps requires more then 4GB RAM (perhaps less with TFS 1.0).

memory usage depends on the map size, that's why RL maps requires more then 4GB RAM.
Yeah, maybe. My map was loaded at startup. Why memory usage is still growing with regular speed 15 minutes after startup then?

I would say it's script related, I've had latest TFS running for like 30 minutes now with default map (memory usage: 85MB) and the memory usage has increased/decreased by 12KB in total.

How do I track this script? Is there any debugger which can show me what script/variable uses that ram?

What the fuck is going on?
I've disabled all creaturescripts, npcs and globalevents, restarted my server, there is 1 player online, afk and it still happens ;_;

Last edited:
Back