• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows TFS 1.1 - Can't connect.

steelzord

Reaction score
Hi,

I can't connect to my server hosted on my own pc. I can get it up and running, server is online, but whenever i use 10.77 client it just pops up with "Connecting" and nothing happens. However, when i try to connect to my ot using different (wrong) client, it instantly says "Only Tibia clients with protocol 10.77 allowed".

I have windows 8, disabled UAC in registry already. No firewall/other soft possibly interfering. What could cause that?

player group id shouldn't matter since the player list doesn't load in the first place
pretty sure it's his ports
I had a similar issue earlier, I had the group id set to 5 and couldn't login didn't even show up on the console as me trying to login but when i changed the group id to 3 i was able to login.

And I too tried a different client and got only 10.98 protocol allowed. It sounds like a similar issue, thats why i mentioned it.

is the ip set to 127.0.0.1?
show port config in your router
also should use tfs 1.2 since its officially released now
Yep, ip is alright.

Ports:
Q9AD1id.jpg

port forwarding is in your router, not your system
that's why i asked for your port config in your router
I dont have access to router's config as im on public network :( Just as a guest. Also I dont want to host the server to open public, i just wanna test things and play by myself

I dont have access to router's config as im on public network :( Just as a guest. Also I dont want to host the server to open public, i just wanna test things and play by myself
still have to open ports even if you want to play by yourself afaik

You should be able to connect to it yourself. You don't have to open any ports for that.

Your config should look like this:

Code:
ip = "127.0.0.1"
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171

In the ip changer use 127.0.0.1

If it doesn't work then open your control panel

system and security>windows firewall>allow windows programs to communicate through windows firewall

Make sure Theforgottenserver.exe, and all other applications having to do with the server are checked for both public and private.

If it doesn't work then open your control panel

system and security>windows firewall>allow windows programs to communicate through windows firewall

Make sure Theforgottenserver.exe, and all other applications having to do with the server are checked for both public and private.
Config looks exactly as you said, I added tfs.exe, Tibia.exe and ip changer and checked for both private and public - still the same issue. On the right client it doesn't connect, but if I try connecting through tibia 8.6 it immediately alerts about the wrong protocol :eek:

Back