• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows TFS 1.1 - Can't connect.

steelzord

Reaction score
Hi,

I can't connect to my server hosted on my own pc. I can get it up and running, server is online, but whenever i use 10.77 client it just pops up with "Connecting" and nothing happens. However, when i try to connect to my ot using different (wrong) client, it instantly says "Only Tibia clients with protocol 10.77 allowed".

I have windows 8, disabled UAC in registry already. No firewall/other soft possibly interfering. What could cause that?

I dont have access to router's config as im on public network :( Just as a guest. Also I dont want to host the server to open public, i just wanna test things and play by myself
There is no reason to port forward if you are testing the server by yourself. If you do want to host it publicly you must have access to the router.
Config looks exactly as you said, I added tfs.exe, Tibia.exe and ip changer and checked for both private and public - still the same issue. On the right client it doesn't connect, but if I try connecting through tibia 8.6 it immediately alerts about the wrong protocol :eek:
Did you check the group id of both the account and the player?

There is no reason to port forward if you are testing the server by yourself. If you do want to host it publicly you must have access to the router.

Did you check the group id of both the account and the player?
Yeah I set them both to 3 and its still the same.

Open your command prompt: start>cmd

execute
Code:
ipconfig

You should see something like: 192.168.0.1

Put that in config.lua and try connecting with that ip.

I just downloaded random 8.6 server (tfs 0.3.6) and I can log on just fine :| I didn't even have to add tfs.exe to the firewall, nothing. But for tfs 1.1 and 1.2 it just doesn't connect

I just downloaded random 8.6 server (tfs 0.3.6) and I can log on just fine :| I didn't even have to add tfs.exe to the firewall, nothing. But for tfs 1.1 and 1.2 it just doesn't connect
Maybe its the ipchanger you are using that is preventing you from connecting?

Maybe its the ipchanger you are using that is preventing you from connecting?
I think you're right, I'm surprised I didn't think of it earlier. The thing is that I've tried both Otland ip changer and this one: https://otland.net/threads/tibia-ip-changer.246259/ - neither works for 10.77 nor 10.98. They work for 8.6 just fine. I'm on win 8.1 x64, running both Tibia client and ip changer as administrator doesn't help. I'm out of ideas.

I think you're right, I'm surprised I didn't think of it earlier. The thing is that I've tried both Otland ip changer and this one: https://otland.net/threads/tibia-ip-changer.246259/ - neither works for 10.77 nor 10.98. They work for 8.6 just fine. I'm on win 8.1 x64, running both Tibia client and ip changer as administrator doesn't help. I'm out of ideas.
I made this, this connects to the localhost e.g. 127.0.0.1
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g0hyx0ybekfkx0c/Tibia1098.zip

Did you use sha1 encryption for the password in the database?
http://www.sha1-online.com/
Nope, just created new DB in xampp (oldschool, i know), added schema.sql, created some random god and acc and thats it

also in config.lua it doesnt ask for sqltype nor encryption

in tfs 1.2
Code:
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "root"
mysqlPass = "asdasd"
mysqlDatabase = "theforgottenserver"
mysqlPort = 3306
mysqlSock = ""

tfs 0.3.6
Code:
    sqlType = "mysql"
    sqlHost = "localhost"
    sqlPort = 3306
    sqlUser = "root"
    sqlPass = "asdasd"
    sqlDatabase = "theforgottenserver"
    sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
    sqlKeepAlive = 0
    mysqlReadTimeout = 10
    mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
    encryptionType = "plain"

have I done something wrong?

Nope, just created new DB in xampp (oldschool, i know), added schema.sql, created some random god and acc and thats it

also in config.lua it doesnt ask for sqltype nor encryption

in tfs 1.2
Code:
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "root"
mysqlPass = "asdasd"
mysqlDatabase = "theforgottenserver"
mysqlPort = 3306
mysqlSock = ""

tfs 0.3.6
Code:
    sqlType = "mysql"
    sqlHost = "localhost"
    sqlPort = 3306
    sqlUser = "root"
    sqlPass = "asdasd"
    sqlDatabase = "theforgottenserver"
    sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
    sqlKeepAlive = 0
    mysqlReadTimeout = 10
    mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
    encryptionType = "plain"

have I done something wrong?
Yes you have to create a user account in the database, the password must use sha1 encryption otherwise the password will always be wrong if its plain text.

Yes you have to create a user account in the database, the password must use sha1 encryption otherwise the password will always be wrong if its plain text.
I see, excuse me but I'm quite newbish at that: I can easily create a new user for that database but I don't quite get the password thing. Should I hash the password (e.g. asdasd) and put the sha1 outcome as that user's pass and into config as:

Code:
mysqlPass = "passfromsha1online"

I see, excuse me but I'm quite newbish at that: I can easily create a new user for that database but I don't quite get the password thing. Should I hash the password (e.g. asdasd) and put the sha1 outcome as that user's pass and into config as:

Code:
mysqlPass = "passfromsha1online"
This account is username 1 password 1, but its a sha1 hash, not plain text, the config.lua file you don't hash
yA7F4Xx.png

Back