• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows tfs 1.1 Debugging - help plx.

FLE

Reaction score
Hello Otland,

I recently made a big mistake. And forgot too make a backup of my project!!

My server is now crashing every so often,

Can somebody explain too me the proper way of tracking down the cause?

I dont know how to identify the problem, and It's frustrating.

As a first step use a debugger to figure out where the server crashes, but please bear in mind that the real cause of the crash might be in a completely different place. Then, if you can prove that the suspected bug is not a data race, you should step through the function that crashes, trying to see if the cause is within that function or within the same call stack. If that doesn't work it's going to be a little tougher - you'll have to identify all possible places where the breaking of invariants might occur.

I try to press debug program.. and i use Msvc2012...

I dont know the proper way too find when it crashes though

Can u explain a little more about the process? ><

like maybe... tell me what too press or what too look for? :D

Edit-

Also is it normal too be seeing this every .5 second in the output on the debugger?
First-chance exception at 0x000007FEFD3A940D (KernelBase.dll) in theforgottenserver.exe: 0xE24C4A02.

Last edited:
That is the debugger warning you that there was an exception that was caught in there. About debugging - run the server in the debugger and reproduce the crash. Then check the stack trace to see where it crashes (the debugger will halt the debugged application at the point of the crash).

wait, but i searched this up google..

It says it can be ok and not always mean there is a problem in the code,
BUT...
is it normal that tfs has a "first chance exception" happen every .5 second from the moment I start it up?

what is this 0x000007FEFD3A940D what does it mean?

1 more thing, when i set 0x000007FEFD3A940D as the breakpoint, my msvc says thefrgottenserver.pdb not loaded?

what is the pdb and where can i find it?
Thank you,
-Martin

Last edited:
Back