• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CreatureEvent TFS 1.1 ModalWindow Skill Point System

Works perfectly so far, thank you.
Well done, will use it on all my servers.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Hey man, dunno which version you are using... but the one from the main post is garbage, they are all bugged when trying to add too many skills or multipliers in the vocations.xml is too high, made an issue of it on github, but it's not really getting any attention... Anyways better one to use would be the modalwindow one see this post...

@calveron @beastn @whitevo and everyone else who wants it. I stared working on modalwindow version, but it seems like there is a bug in the formula for adding skill levels and for adding magic levels. Should be fine for skills if the multiplier for that skill for that vocation in vocations.xml is not too high, tested with 1.1 for the multipliers and it works perfectly always. As for magic level, I added 5 at a time, 8 times in a row and it worked perfectly, on the 9th time it gave me 4 and a half magic levels. So the formula's aren't always perfect, the magic level should be fine if you don't add alot of magic levels over and over again. Anyways because this doesn't work perfectly, I am not going through the hassle of updating the main thread until this problem is solved, then I will finish the system. If you don't know how to install this then ask here, I will help when I get the chance, it's pretty simple, just replace the old talkaction with this one, and use the modalwindow script, register it in creaturescripts.xml.

creaturescript

PointWindow.lua

talkactions

pointsystem.lua

You will need to make sure the storage value is the same in both files, and same in your skill advance file, or whitevo's npc's or w/e...

So what was the end result of this?

You could also use conditions instead to add skills but that would require onlogin scripts (so that you keep the conditions after logout)

Yeah, the drawback of that though is that it won't show up in highscores etc since it works like an item/utito tempo etc.

Easy to make it include the conditions. Will probs be better... having it like sword level = 10 +4

Who would still be using 1.0? lawl

Back