• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.3 8.6 MOUNT SYSTEM

duuh30

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to use the tfs 1.3 downgrade 8.6 mount system

I already have a sprite added for testing, but when I use outfit.lookMount = ID it doesn't work.

Can anyone shed some light on how to resolve this?

Solution

I already have a sprite added for testing, but when I use outfit.lookMount = ID it doesn't work.

Mounts were added in 8.70 client. To use them, you need client that uses 8.7 protocol.
Server downgraded to 8.6 has mounts removed from client-server communication protocol. Sending mount ID to 8.6 client would crash client.
outfit.lookMount mounts variable may be still there in C++/Lua as many 8.6+ variables/systems there were not removed from downgraded engines. It's just not used anymore.

8.6 and lower protocol servers that have mounts use OTClient or Tibia 8.6 client with .dll that adds code for mounts...

Mounts were added in 8.70 client. To use them, you need client that uses 8.7 protocol.
Server downgraded to 8.6 has mounts removed from client-server communication protocol. Sending mount ID to 8.6 client would crash client.
outfit.lookMount mounts variable may be still there in C++/Lua as many 8.6+ variables/systems there were not removed from downgraded engines. It's just not used anymore.

8.6 and lower protocol servers that have mounts use OTClient or Tibia 8.6 client with .dll that adds code for mounts from 8.70.
It's easy to enable new protocol features in OTClient ex. enable mounts from 8.7 in 8.6.
Just copy this line (g_game.enableFeature(GamePlayerMounts)):
to 860 if:

I don't know anyone who is able to add mounts to Tibia 8.6 client.

Code:
Mounts
December 08, 2010
Winter Update 2010

Solution
Do you easily have a link of how I can make this 8.7 DLL hook on the 8.6 client?
Yeaaars ago there were some programmers who worked on things like that, but I don't know if there is still anyone with such knowledge. It's not only parsing packets to get extra data, but also sending extra data from 'select outfit' window and rendering every creature on screen with mount.

refresh how would i go about using mounts with otcv8 on downgraded tfs ? (772) seems like there is no tutorial or commit that would have just that

Back