• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.3 broadcastMessage problem

dunno321

Reaction score
Hey, why when i use broadcastMessage ("broadcastMessage("Server is saving game in one minute. Please logout.", MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING)") the message is only on Server Log, not in the center on screen?
rA5MbWa.png

MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING = Red in console only.
I'm not 100% sure, but switch "MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING" to "18", I think that's the number for red in console + middle screen

Both
Lua:
Game.broadcastMessage(message, messageType)

Alrought I'm using 1.3 too and they both go to screen and server log.
MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING = Red in console only.
I'm not 100% sure, but switch "MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING" to "18", I think that's the number for red in console + middle screen
Both didn't work, still only in server log.

Its not OTC, i am sure.

Yep you're right, I tested on tibia client and it doesn't. I'll mess with it and update if i figure it out.

Update: I'm not a cpp guy but looks like broadcastMessage is using sendTextMessage which doesn't send to screen anymore either. It's a source edit so I'm useless really. Only think I got is a weak work around.

Lua:
player:sendPrivateMessage(player, "Server is saving game in one minute. Please logout.", MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_RED)

Last edited:
MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING = 18, /*Red message in game window and in the console*/
the correct one is MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING, if it doesn't work then it's otclient.
OR it could be that you're using the completely wrong function and it probably doesn't take a second argument for message type
Game.broadcastMessage("Server is saving game in one minute. Please logout.", MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING)

MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING = 18, /*Red message in game window and in the console*/
the correct one is MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING, if it doesn't work then it's otclient.
OR it could be that you're using the completely wrong function and it probably doesn't take a second argument for message type
Game.broadcastMessage("Server is saving game in one minute. Please logout.", MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING)
Idk what he's talking with the double function thing but he is right, otclient actually fixes the problem and displays in-screen but tibia client doesn't.

error.png

Hey, why when i use broadcastMessage ("broadcastMessage("Server is saving game in one minute. Please logout.", MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING)") the message is only on Server Log, not in the center on screen?
rA5MbWa.png

Client -> Console -> make sure everything is checked.

Client ignores some messages unless everything is checked.

This changed like 8months ago if not more. Tibia client 10.98 does not support red message on screen.
I replaced broadcast function with orange text on screen and red and blue in console

This changed like 8months ago if not more. Tibia client 10.98 does not support red message on screen.
I replaced broadcast function with orange text on screen and red and blue in console
How do they send the red text message in center of screen at server save then?

It definitely supports red since private message in red works. I'm pretty sure it's the issue with doSendTextMessage cause other types with it weren't displaying in screen for me either.

How do they send the red text message in center of screen at server save then?
Dont know, didnt work for me.

It definitely supports red since private message in red works. I'm pretty sure it's the issue with doSendTextMessage cause other types with it weren't displaying in screen for me either.
Private message sends red text to screen abive ur character?
Ok interesting, perhaps there is some networkmessage then

using this
Lua:
    broadcastMessage("Server is saving game in one minute. Please logout.", MESSAGE_EVENT_ADVANCE)

Back