• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.3

Vanni

Reaction score
Hi,

I only seem to find TFS 1.2, but I am looking for TFS 1.3.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

When I try to compile it I get an error:

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>otpch.cpp
1>Info: Boost.Config is older than your compiler version - probably nothing bad will happen - but you may wish to look for an update Boost version.  Define BOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE to suppress this message.
1>c:\users\xxx\desktop\forgottenserver-master\src\otpch.h(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

1. you get that boost message because you aren't using visual studio 2017 (tfs 1.3 has moved to vs2017 a while ago)
2. you didn't set up the TFS SDK properly, it can't find a dependency called pugixml which is in the SDK

you can follow the steps here: otland/forgottenserver

When I try to compile it I get an error:

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>otpch.cpp
1>Info: Boost.Config is older than your compiler version - probably nothing bad will happen - but you may wish to look for an update Boost version.  Define BOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE to suppress this message.
1>c:\users\xxx\desktop\forgottenserver-master\src\otpch.h(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

The master branch is including a Docker file that allows for building a TFS 1.3 image while compiling the very latest updates. The commands are simply:

git clone otland/forgottenserver --recursive
cd forgottenserver
docker build . -t tfs_image
docker run --rm tfs_image

Docker takes minimal effort to set up, Visual Studio takes forever in comparison.

The master branch is including a Docker file that allows for building a TFS 1.3 image while compiling the very latest updates. The commands are simply:

git clone otland/forgottenserver --recursive
cd forgottenserver
docker build . -t tfs_image
docker run --rm tfs_image

Docker takes minimal effort to set up, Visual Studio takes forever in comparison.
I get a similar error code while compiling..

Good afternoon, I know this thread does not belong to me, but I want to ask a question ...
To compile the version of TFS 1.3 it is only necessary to use the following components:
Or is there anything else I should download?
Thanks in advance.

@Sarah Wesker
If I may give you advice or you have problems with compiling on Visual Studio.

The best way is compiling on linux, easy compiling (ctrl+c + ctrl+v from github wiki).
All production OT servers stay on linux, so it may be more helpful than compiling on Windows.

And all this, you may do on/from Windows :)

1) Virtual machine + linux distro: How to Install Ubuntu on VirtualBox (https://www.wikihow.com/Install-Ubuntu-on-VirtualBox)
2) Ubuntu for Windows: Get Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - Microsoft Store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ubuntu-1804-lts/9n9tngvndl3q?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab)
3) Android smartphone with Termux, and PuTTY on Windows: [Tutorial] How to run TFS on Android device [NO ROOT NEEDED] (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-run-tfs-on-android-device-no-root-needed.265448/)

Last edited:
Back