• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Tfs 1.4 and Otc v8 Cant pick up items

Sprrw

Reaction score
Hello otland, I just found out that none of my characters in-game can pick up or equip any item. They can use items from the ground and they can carry items if they use /i (item id). But they cant pick anything up. Im just getting the "Sorry not possible" msg at the bottom of my screen. And yea I also thought about cap but I even tested on a god character with legit unlimited cap but nope. Cant even pick up a blueberry XD Any idea on where this problem could be coming from/where I should look for a solution.

Hello otland, I just found out that none of my characters in-game can pick up or equip any item. They can use items from the ground and they can carry items if they use /i (item id). But they cant pick anything up. Im just getting the "Sorry not possible" msg at the bottom of my screen. And yea I also thought about cap but I even tested on a god character with legit unlimited cap but nope. Cant even pick up a blueberry XD Any idea on where this problem could be coming from/where I should look for a solution.
Also happen with a normal account?

Also happen with a normal account?
Yes :( Is it possible that there is a script doing this or is it more likely to be some wrong doing I've done in the sources?
Post automatically merged:

could you teach how to debug a function? i would like to learn how to do that aswell. any tutorial?
+1

Yes :( Is it possible that there is a script doing this or is it more likely to be some wrong doing I've done in the sources?

+1
you have added any new commit? i was updating server and this happened to me too. can't remmeber which commit caused the error but was related with onmovething or similar

+1
Well.. by default it’s ok, so probably you have made something wrong 😅 maybe some quiver system, upgrade items system?

you have added any new commit? i was updating server and this happened to me too. can't remmeber which commit caused the error but was related with onmovething or similar
Idk, I dont think so. All I have done was fixing some error with the npcs

This fix : fix c++ exception by nekiro · Pull Request #3928 · otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/pull/3928)
But that shoulnt impact items like this? Hmm

Well.. by default it’s ok, so probably you have made something wrong 😅 maybe some quiver system, upgrade items system?
Argh I know how bad this sounds but I've been on and off with this server for so long I cant remember.... Nothing going atm tho. Should I just reinstall tfs and start all over? XD

Inserting some “prints” along the code..
std::cout << “any text” << std::endl;
I'd rather compile it on Windows to put a breakpoint in Visual Studio and see what's goin on but that's a alternative method.
You could also do such things on linux but that'd require some GDB experience.

You could also start from the end to debug method that sends Sorry, not possible to the player and see whole Call stack to see where it's called from and see which conditions were not met.
And just go step by step with debugger options (F10 - step over / F11 - step into):

1678696426213.png

Last edited:
You could also check your eventcallback lua scripts to see if anything is messing with onMoveItem function
Here or Here

Have you also tried to use a different client to rule out client side issues? (or check otcv8 terminal to see if there is any errors)

Back