• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS needs to compile with LARGEMEMORYADDRESSAWARE flag..for the devs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why when elf already did it?

Added linker option "/LARGEADDRESSAWARE" for Windows compilations increasing the memory cap to 3GB on 32bit machines

TY ELF!

It increase it to 4GB...

In the 32bit specter (2^32) you can address up to 4GB. But it's ALL memory on your system. So you have to substract CPU cache, Graphic card memory etc. If you have a 512MB graphic card you get about 3.5GB in total, when you have more then that present ofcource.

Linux's "32bit" kernel support 36-bit highmem. And if you wonder:

32-bit: 4GB
33-bit: 8GB
34-bit: 16GB
35-bit: 32GB
36-bit: 64GB

So you see, Linux 32bit edition can address up to 64GB in total. But as applications only can run in 32bit mode (in order to support non-highmem systems) so they can only use 4GB per application. Microsoft planned to do something simelar once, but I guess they dropped the idea.

It increase it to 4GB...

In the 32bit specter (2^32) you can address up to 4GB. But it's ALL memory on your system. So you have to substract CPU cache, Graphic card memory etc. If you have a 512MB graphic card you get about 3.5GB in total, when you have more then that present ofcource.

Linux's "32bit" kernel support 36-bit highmem. And if you wonder:

32-bit: 4GB
33-bit: 8GB
34-bit: 16GB
35-bit: 32GB
36-bit: 64GB

So you see, Linux 32bit edition can address up to 64GB in total. But as applications only can run in 32bit mode (in order to support non-highmem systems) so they can only use 4GB per application. Microsoft planned to do something simelar once, but I guess they dropped the idea.

my server takes 2.7 gigs of RAM to host at all times, theres no way I could host without elf fixing that issue.

Actually I noticed an interesting snag here...

TFS is not coded for 64-bit, thus even in 64-bit environments it would only use up to 4GB of ram for itself.

Why not code/compile it for native 64-bit, that way it would benefit from the 8TB of address space available (at least on Windows OSes).

I doubt someone will host a global map server on vista, at least for more than an week, but...

Lie, you don't have ban hammer :p

my global map has been up for months, dont see problems with it 160h uptime...lag free what can linux do better? I can script and map just as easy on vista. :)

135mb map btw

this thread made me lmao

slain, 2 words for you, try linux
right now your just ignorant
if you try both and still think vista is better than your just retarded.

Last edited:
this thread made me lmao

slain, 2 words for you, try linux
right now your just ignorant
if you try both and still think vista is better than your just retarded.

Imo your a pot headed retard who needs a life. kk done flaming :D

This thread was created to help make windows users lives easier..elf did add this feature to the tfs project kkthxbai dumb fuck.

I Tried Linux yesterday, Running Debian 5.0 on a virtual machine, with 1gb of ram and much better than on windows 7 with all 3gb i have' :D
and, very low CPU usage with linux.

u paid for a virtual machine with 1gb of ram..u from the 90s or something?

u paid for a virtual machine with 1gb of ram..u from the 90s or something?

Welcome to linux, where you don't need an uber computer to host uber stuff.....

Edit:
He probb host a custom map, so whats the point of getting more ram?

Last edited:
Welcome to linux, where you don't need an uber computer to host uber stuff.....

Edit:
He probb host a custom map, so whats the point of getting more ram?

ok well heres a new plan..lets try not trolling in threads..that way stupid little arguments don't start? I made this thread for a reason not to chit chat.

ohh btw elf added this long ago as i said before why didnt i close this long ago? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back