• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS NPC's

keatoru

...workin...
Reaction score
I'm like real noob at TFS lua and when I try to edit the npc's into tfs i always get lost or can't find the right function...

Can someone make or find(I searched both here and *t fans) a TFS Smith npc, one that sells potions and a Frodo type npc? Also a Soya?

I do have a soya but it is scripted in a different lua so if you would rather just help me fix that soya it would be nice :)

thanks in advance

i've looked through the npc's forum. if i hadn't i wouldn't have posted this same for searching. I'll give the examples a try.

----------------------------------

K so I looked at examples.....I'm still COMPLETELY lost...I don't get where you tell the server what item it is that they are buying or selling and how much gold to take or give..... it all just looks a little unorganized when it gets down to the buyable items. There is no like explanations on the examples either so there isn't much of a chance of understanding it...

Last edited:
k i understand that now but what is the lua's saying? I'm guessing that the first few lines are tell it to look at the npc system but wat is the other stuff? does that go along with the npc system?

Ya, in the shop NPCs you don't have to touch the lua files at all. The XML files manage everything, selling stuff, what it should say when you say "bye", "hello" or just walk away.

Back