• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS Update to 10.8x, 10.9x series, adding missing features

slavi

#define SLAVI32 _WIN32
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
slavidodo
[Deprecated]

[Thread Last Update : 05-13-2016, 12:56 AM CEST]

-- Contributing to release TFS 1.2 finally!

Why am I making this discussion ?
- To see what are missing features from 10.7x, 10.8x series as well 10.9x series.

Don't reply to this discussion with (+1) or (agree), replies should be only for missing features.

[Not Done] [In Progress] [Done]

Missing Features List ;

1 - (10.76) new spawn system ( monster flag ) ( spawn next to player )
2 - (10.80) stable game store. ( xml file - managing by lua )

3 - (1.080) global depot
4 - (10.92) store inbox

5 - Expert Pvp Mode
6 - Equip Hotkey

7 - Module System ( New Era )

Please keep in mind, the GitHub repo won't be updated until the list is done!

If you agree on this, you may like instead of replying, if you don't you may leave a reply with your feedback.

Also if you want to reply with some information about any of the missing features to help developers.

Github Repo : https://github.com/slavidodo/forgottenserver/tree/Lastdeath

Thanks!

Last edited:
An package system. I got an working to a certain point, that it register the script and make it executable but still got a lot of flaws.
I would love to see this, properly coded into TFS. *wish* !!

This is an very basic example of setup, can be done better, but this is how mine works:

data/packages/packages.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packages>
    <package disabled="0" loader="tasksystem/loader.xml" />
</packages>

data/packages/tasksystem/loader.xml
Code:
<loader>
    <packageName>Tasksystem by Cornex</packageName>
    <scripts>
        <talkaction words="!task" script="mytasks.lua" />
    </scripts>
    <files>
        <file path="taskstorages.lua" />
    </files>
</loader>

edit: (yes, similar to the old mod system)
edit2: If we want to take it a step further, we can make it install / auto update from like github or something. The idea is from https://otland.net/threads/tfs-package-system.169794/

Last edited:
An package system. I got an working to a certain point, that it register the script and make it executable but still got a lot of flaws.

This is an very basic example of setup, can be done better, but this is how mine works:

Code:
<packages>
</packages>

Code:
<loader>
    <scripts>
    </scripts>
    <files>
    </files>
</loader>

edit2: If we want to take it a step further, we can make it install / auto update from like github or something. The idea is from https://otland.net/threads/tfs-package-system.169794/
Well everything is not always 100% stable/secure when it's added in the github code. So I think it's better to update when you feel to.

Well everything is not always 100% stable/secure when it's added in the github code. So I think it's better to update when you feel to.
The package will of course not update itself as fast a update is up. We still need some confirmation from the owner, like we use composer update.
How to trigger that update is a good question, only thing i can came up with is adding a flag to the package in XML to enable/disable auto update, the auto update will trigger once you start the OT.
OR trigger it by a talkaction. If we can find a way to run console commands to TFS, that would be even more awesome, but I think that may be overkill. (?)

The package will of course not update itself as fast a update is up. We still need some confirmation from the owner, like we use composer update.
How to trigger that update is a good question, only thing i can came up with is adding a flag to the package in XML to enable/disable auto update, the auto update will trigger once you start the OT.
OR trigger it by a talkaction. If we can find a way to run console commands to TFS, that would be even more awesome, but I think that may be overkill. (?)
Would be better/cooler if it was bult in the console like

"There's a new update to download
Type Y or N if you want to update
Input:"

Would be better/cooler if it was bult in the console like

"There's a new update to download
Type Y or N if you want to update
Input:"
Better/cooler than what? That is what I ment with "If we can find a way to run console commands to TFS, that would be even more awesome"
But yeah, a nice way to update would be over the console somehow

Update :
Spawn system is pretty done.

53479ba45c5973fc052a7edfc4d23254.gif

-- For who don't know what is, or how it's working. --

It lets the monster spawns next to players but shows 3 alerts before showing, each alert every 1400ms

Github Pull-Request : https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/pull/1781

Last edited:
Add, that monster back to his spawn radius while can't see any player.

-- UPDATE --

1) PVP Modes ( Expert Mode Button )

What is pvp modes ?
http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Combat_Controls

What has been done ?
- You can manage Expert Pvp mode using Config.
- Pvp controls will run as tibia exactly with comparability to forgottenserver game worlds.
( "optional-pvp" => "no-pvp", "open-pvp" => "pvp", "hardcore-pvp" => "pvp-enforced" )
- Players can walk through any other player while no-pvp-history between them.
- You can still attack any creature with secure-mode disabled avoiding everything!

( Additional information )
If player isn't activation ExpertMode it means he is defaulted to (Green Hand)

What's still being done?
- Magicfields being harmless to no-pvp-history players.
- Magicfields show harmless id ( i.e. blue magicwall to yellow magicwall )

Some Pictures:
The picture don't explain much, I will make a vedio once I am done :D

c58926a2f7f027425de04c65676a8f54.gif

2) Potions Update, we have made a long discussion resulted in a very configurable potions.lua

All updates will be soon in Github in a forked repo! https://github.com/slavidodo/forgottenserver/tree/lastdeath

Cheers :cool:

Nice work, I don't know if these things have been implemented yet, can you add in things like setting the player's attack speed, possibly a constructor to create parties, player immunities, renaming a creature in game, settings for monster behavior such as ignoring players, spawning in safe zones allowing them to move freely etc., can't think of anything else at this time.

I am sure a lot of this can be accomplished with scripts however it would better to just have a parameter to set.

Missing feature is, no dedek when you actually die. The body is created, but as a player you are teleported to your home temple, and ofc you lose what you should lose - exp/skills/blessings etc. and an information appears about how much exp have you lost, etc.

Code:
<packages>
</packages>

Code:
<loader>
    <scripts>
    </scripts>
    <files>
    </files>
</loader>

Liked this idea, maybe i'll make something like this to my project.

Equipping item via hotkey is missing for TFS 1.x

Lofiv already released a distro with the 2 - (10.80) stable game store. ( xml file - managing by lua ) done.

You just have to compare the versions and put his codes of store in right places.

You can check it here

@vinvist I have done ExpertPvp, GameStore, fixed some problems in network messages in 10.92, added some new packets.
It's not who releases or, not I have open repo in github for who want to add new things!

@Elwyn It's done thanks for notifying me

I didn't mean to give credits to him, just to collaborate with you providing some done feature to speed up yours efforts.

Back