• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS Update to 10.8x, 10.9x series, adding missing features

x2, there are a lot of leechers and download & run servers.
Actually thats not really the problem, the problem is that people take free released stuff and try to sell those to stupid people who don't know for money, while the one who release it earns nothing by it.

Actually thats not really the problem, the problem is that people take free released stuff and try to sell those to stupid people who don't know for money, while the one who release it earns nothing by it.
I thought what that way to scam people ended when va..us died lel

I'm not sue what happened here to cause you to not want to release content anymore, but on behalf of everyone & anyone that expects everything and contributes nothing - I'm sorry.

I'll also take this opportunity to address anyone here who thinks "download & run servers are cancer and people who don't contribute are ruining the community". They're not...but your attitude is.
As Danger II said, people who take free & open source content and sell it for their own gain are a problem - but I really don't think this is much of a problem here.

As for "leechers and download & run servers" - everyone here in the community today started somewhere. Sure, times have changed and now shop systems are easily implemented - but it's okay!
For me, my first server was an un-edited Evolutions map. It was XML. COMPLETELY download and run. That's how I got started. That's how a LOT of people here - contributors here - got started.
What exactly do you expect new people to do?
Not everyone ends up contributing - and that's okay! It's even okay if they download a server, add a shop system, earn a bunch of money, shut it down, never contribute, rinse and repeat. No problem!
The people who want to contribute will contribute - but they need to get in the door first. The door needs to be accessible. When I started the door was SO accessible.
Unfortunately it's less accessible now thanks to dropping support for sqlite (sorry TFS 1.x) and the general bad attitude towards new members that many in this community hold.

Anyway, all the best @Slavi Dodo
Sorry for using your thread to rant.

xoxo michael

i can't put images for new offers in gamestore... help-me plz!
you fuck up this thread, I saw you posting the work of another people in tibiaking, because of you he stop to update it, and now you come here ask for help ? D:

And? Delete all datapacks sections on forum and u won't see any good download&run server.
The provided software to work is the TFS, the download and run servers are just a virus that need to be deleted after the openTibia dies, there are a lot of highly customized otservers that have been coded from zero (I got two servers, pokemon TFS 1.2 and a sword art online server), i have't used any map piece of something downloaded here, just coded that the community has contributed to work.

Noobs are just noobs, just look at the support area, there are people asking for scripts that can be easily done by a noob on programming.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

OT development shouldn't be reserved only for those who already have a programming and/or IT background.
OT development absolutely should be accessible to a 13 year old with little more than basic IT knowledge. It is those younger members that develop into contributors over time. Two great examples of this would be @WibbenZ and @Printer. (not actually sure what age you guys started or what knowledge you had) As far as I know, both started here not knowing much at all - look at them now. Props to them.
I wonder what got them started in the community? I'd put money on a "download & run" server.

OT development shouldn't be reserved only for those who already have a programming and/or IT background.
OT development absolutely should be accessible to a 13 year old with little more than basic IT knowledge. It is those younger members that develop into contributors over time. Two great examples of this would be @WibbenZ and @Printer. (not actually sure what age you guys started or what knowledge you had) As far as I know, both started here not knowing much at all - look at them now. Props to them.
I wonder what got them started in the community? I'd put money on a "download & run" server.
I am 16 years.

I don't think that the in development should be involved people with less than 15 years old, because that destroyed everything that i know about the community, the otservers is just now download and run and not everyone started using a server of that kind.

The "pros" started from a evolutions server without any donations, from a carpernia, or a yourots, those servers was the boom when i started on this kind of forums, forums like OTFans, eOTFans, OTFusion, etc, they just died because the download and run servers started, there wasn't so many rl maps, just custom maps, before v.pus and anything else.

I can bet that the most experienced users started like me, just looking how to make fun with a server, i was involved on a distro developing before (At the 8.1 protocol), i was working with on my own spanish community, i make some friends playing a lot of custom servers, not looking how to buy a ps4 milking a download and run server, because we got just RL maps, developing teams like Necronia, Whi World, etc, can't get more than 100 online because we got a strong community looking just to bot on those shitty rl maps.

I'm still thinking that the ot developing should be reserved to those who already have a programming experience, or just for those 16+.

Sorry for my bad english too, i know that i got bad grammar.

99% of the people start out with a download & run server, I can't even count how many servers I went through during my first years.
The most important thing at that time is to make up the money you spend, don't try to make a profit - you most likely won't.
See it as a way to learn, just as you would pay to get someone to teach you something.

It's alot easier now atleast with C++ and github, just look at what other people push and the mistakes they do and get called out on, remember those and avoid doing them yourself.
Trail and error is a good way, don't ask for help the second you get an error and that's a thing I get annoyd with today, when people come and ask for help and all you have to do is explain what the error says, when it's in english..

Edit;
FYI @Slavi Dodo had a good thing going - he was fixing things released way back, that alot of people wanted.
But as with most things you get spammed, they steal it, they try to sell it without doing anything etc
Even if I think it's sad that he stopt he did whats right for him, and I would have and have done the same thing.

I don't think that the in development should be involved people with less than 15 years old, because that destroyed everything that i know about the community, the otservers is just now download and run and not everyone started using a server of that kind.

The "pros" started from a evolutions server without any donations, from a carpernia, or a yourots, those servers was the boom when i started on this kind of forums, forums like OTFans, eOTFans, OTFusion, etc, they just died because the download and run servers started, there wasn't so many rl maps, just custom maps, before v.pus and anything else.

I can bet that the most experienced users started like me, just looking how to make fun with a server, i was involved on a distro developing before (At the 8.1 protocol), i was working with on my own spanish community, i make some friends playing a lot of custom servers, not looking how to buy a ps4 milking a download and run server, because we got just RL maps, developing teams like Necronia, Whi World, etc, can't get more than 100 online because we got a strong community looking just to bot on those shitty rl maps.

I'm still thinking that the ot developing should be reserved to those who already have a programming experience, or just for those 16+.

Sorry for my bad english too, i know that i got bad grammar.

That's bullshit, it's not like a 13 year old guy downloading and running a server without knowing what he is doing is destroying something. If people want to have their content available for anyone to download it and have their fun, what is the problem? Blessed are those that make free content available, because I started from that 12 years ago, just out of curiosity, because people made it available for me, and only after that I seek some knowledge to starting coding and scripting myself. Why the hell you think someone is more entitled to content, as if your age or programming experience make what you do here more noble, playing around with pirate files from a 2d game from 1997, such wow.

It's a 20 year old game, no one is killing it, it's just old, the fuss slow down, people move on. Of course there are leechers, but they don't damage shit, they just don't help it.

Back