• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS will use Revscriptsys?

Gregor

Reaction score
As title say, question to TFS Developers.

Also comment what you think about this system.

then planning multi scripting system, so it will be old lua, revscript, and maybe something like python.

It's great but I've heard about revscriptsys something about 10 months ago and still none know when it will be finished.
I hope there are more things already done than left to do ;)

Well, I don't think that revscriptsys would be revolution in open tibia. Yes, it could be far more advanced, new features etc. but what for? They don't have even half of new items, progress on YATC is low, and they started new thing, revscriptsys... They brought alot tools concerned with ot for us, for free, don't expect that they care about us :p

Even Talaturen, Kornholijo, Kiper and other main developers aren't active now. Talaturen has his own servers, and I'm sure he has decent profit from them. Only Elf is somewhat trying to continue The Forgotten Server project.

Imo, opentibia is dying.

Well, it's not dying. But it's not so much more that are critically needed. Except performance and stability and a bunk of bugs.

Even Talaturen, Kornholijo, Kiper and other main developers aren't active now. Talaturen has his own servers, and I'm sure he has decent profit from them. Only Elf is somewhat trying to continue The Forgotten Server project.

Kiper has been kicked already and he wasn't even active. Just because I haven't commited anything to the SVN doesn't mean I'm inactive, there are actually a lot of changes coming to 0.2.

Kiper has been kicked already and he wasn't even active. Just because I haven't commited anything to the SVN doesn't mean I'm inactive, there are actually a lot of changes coming to 0.2.

good to hear that 0.2 is still in progress by you, becuase i still using it :D

I've always wondered why we maintain 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4.

I've always wondered why we maintain 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4.

I will always be maintaining our old-stable version with safe optimizations, bug fixes and possibly backporting requested features. Once 0.4 goes stable I will start upgrading my servers to 0.3 and then maintain that branch.

I will always be maintaining our old-stable version with safe optimizations, bug fixes and possibly backporting requested features. Once 0.4 goes stable I will start upgrading my servers to 0.3 and then maintain that branch.

IF 0.4 will be stable, why to maintain non-stable 0.3? xD Yeah, some peoples still using 0.2 because it's stable, but when 0.4 will come with stable release I guess everyone who used 0.3 will move to 0.4

IF 0.4 will be stable, why to maintain non-stable 0.3? xD Yeah, some peoples still using 0.2 because it's stable, but when 0.4 will come with stable release I guess everyone who used 0.3 will move to 0.4

Once 0.4 goes stable it doesn't mean that 0.3 will be non-stable. 0.3 will be old-stable. You're right, people will move from 0.3 to 0.4, but there are still people using 0.2 for stability and 0.3 will be their new version once 0.4 is stable.

I think it would be the best if you all worked on one distro. Also I don't understand what was the point of seperating 0.3 from 0.4 since 0.4 is the same 0.3.6, Elf just changed title from "0.3.6" to "0.4" and cuz of some reason seperated them, so now there is 0.3.6 and 0.4 and now they are different, why? :S

How can you not understand the point of separating 0.3 and 0.4? 0.4 is a completely new version, of course it's going to be completely new.

0.2 is old-stable.
0.3 is stable.
0.4 is development version.

Once 0.4 is stable we will drop support for 0.2 and it will look like this:
0.3 is old-stable.
0.4 is stable.
0.5 is development version.

Back
Top Bottom