• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFSCMS] Error

mpa

Reaction score
Code:
[B]Warning[/B]:  mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in [B]C:\xampp\htdocs\testpage\classes\database_mysql.php[/B] on line [B]62[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]:  mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in [B]C:\xampp\htdocs\testpage\classes\database_mysql.php[/B] on line [B]67[/B]
I get this error in 'Latest Deaths'. Is it something i need to update or? Help me out here! :p

Last edited:
Are you using The Forgotten Server 0.2?

They probably edited the code to make it work with 0.3 database structure.

I dont care about my post count, also, if I would like to I could make it comaptible with 0.3, but for what? 0.3 is still in beta stage, the database might change more than once.

If you cant hande it yourself, gtfo and stop rising noobOTs count.

[...]
This CMS is not compatible with 0.3.

Would you care to show us the action error lines? Better up, show us from line 60 to line 70. Oh and no need to track on Marcinek, he's a great addition to OtLand.

Hm, didn't see his post count first.. I thought that he was some moron that just wanted to raise his post count.
Sorry for that, Marcinek Paladinek.

Anyway, here is the lines:

Line 62
Code:
return mysql_fetch_row($result);
Line 67
Code:
mysql_free_result($result);

Could you please also post the line where $result is defined at, thank you.

Could you send me the entire script in a PM or post it here using a php tag wrapped around it? Thanks.

I have no idea where that line is..

includes/functions.php (line 157):
Code:
		$result = $db->query("SELECT `player_id`, `killed_by`, `is_player` FROM `player_deaths` ORDER BY `time` DESC LIMIT {$amount};");

Replace to:
Code:
		$result = $db->query("SELECT `player_id`, `killed_by` FROM `player_deaths` ORDER BY `time` DESC LIMIT {$amount};");

TFS 0.3 does not have field `is_player` at least not beta 1, on which Im testing.

-- btw, youre welcome.

Also, this is the most noobiest way to fix this. :)

Last edited:
This AAC does not work on 0.3.. Don't think you can fix it. It's hard work I'm working 3 days now but I got an error with the account creation. The Deathlist isn't a problem to fix but if you updated a 0.2 database to a 0.3 database then delete your latest_deaths because only the new deaths shows if a player killed a character or a monster because the table is_player changed to altkilled_by

Regards,
Deaktiver

This AAC does not work on 0.3.. Don't think you can fix it. It's hard work I'm working 3 days now but I got an error with the account creation. The Deathlist isn't a problem to fix but if you updated a 0.2 database to a 0.3 database then delete your latest_deaths because only the new deaths shows if a player killed a character or a monster because the table is_player changed to altkilled_by

Regards,
Deaktiver

altkilled_by is the mostDamageCreature.

Regards,
Deaktiver

I have seen some servers using TFS 0.3 beta 1 with this AAC. So it does work.

Last edited:
Alright so I recieved the code, although I can now see that the issue does not lay in there, but more in the use of these functions.

I would strongly recommend you to wait until Talaturen decides to release yet another version of it as this would be the way to solve your issue (without having any PHP knowledge yourself).

For now you could easily just disable the latest deaths page to prevent the error to occurr.

Alright so I recieved the code, although I can now see that the issue does not lay in there, but more in the use of these functions.

I would strongly recommend you to wait until Talaturen decides to release yet another version of it as this would be the way to solve your issue (without having any PHP knowledge yourself).

For now you could easily just disable the latest deaths page to prevent the error to occurr.

Alright, I'm currently using geisors AAC, but everyone does..
Thanks for your help man, you too Marcinek Paladinek!

Edit: If you could link me to a good PHP guide I'd be very happy!
Also a C++ and LUA guide would me appreciated.

Back