• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

the database you specified cannot be used in config.lua

Misha123

Basic scripter & Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, i need some help. I'm trying to make a OT server on my new computer and it was while ago. I'm using Uniform Server for Apache and Mysql.
First i had a problem that i "Couldn't establish connection to SQL Database!" Then i changed my localhost to (127.0.0.1) instead on my conf.lua and my database/user on SQL. Now i got this problem
"the database you specified cannot be used in config.lua is empty, please import chemas/<dbengine> .sql to the database (if you are using MySql, please read doc/MYSQL_HELP for more information" :(
I've tryed to import files, but everytime i tryed with all different things as, changing it to plain, sha1, using xampp etc. Please if anyone have a clue feel free to help me. Would really presiade...
"you have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SQLite format 3' at line 1 "

Pic of my CONF Lua
MnUSgN1
(https://imgur.com/F66sloy)

Is there any way i could replace (forgottenserver.s3db) to forgottenserver.mysql ?

Thanks for the support. I'm pretty new on this, would be glad if you told me i'm doing something wrong so i can improve my self. I will rep+ those who helped me. :D

Last edited:
The default username for a local server is always root
The default password is normally empty or not set, but you can configure this through your setup this is done by typing in your browser localhost
Once that is setup you would try to access phpmyadmin, by typing in the url in your browser localhost/phpmyadmin
Once in phpmyadmin, you would create a new database with same name as the one in your config in this case otserven
Then you need to locate your schema file (schema.sql) which contains the database code which will create the tables, columns etc.. and import it into the database.

I don't know what distro your using so im just generalizing

Now make sure the sqlUser, sqlPass & sqlDatabase all correspond to the setup of your web server
Code:
-- config.lua
sqlUser = "root"
sqlPass = "" -- whatever you set it to or leave it blank.. e.g. ""
sqlDatabase = "otserven"

Back