• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Final Straw.

im a hablar en español se enfrentan ahora a fuck feliz? dejar de publicar aquí o im va a matar tanto en el juego. Usted es el peor mago tiene 50 renacimientos y no puedes matarme? Me río con disgusto que continuamente hablan mierda.

LOL i dont know what u said??

i not play cause mages have bugs! NOOB!!
pallys rox!

the reason not caveboting, please shut up you do not know the reason, royal doggo botter, answer botter, mesrines (miller) botter, parachild botter, carbon botter and many more... all caveboting.

PD: I'm learning English. ;)

see u!

Alright, first, what do all of them have to do with me? And, Answer dosn't cavebot. Sorry to break it to ya. And no. Your english still is of a 5 year old.

actually answer doesn't bot, he never has... you guys just assume to much, just because while you guys are living in arena, and hes leveling, you just assume hes cavebotting... thats cute. hes been getting rebirths since october... morons.

Btw root, Goot luck on your server! i can tell its gonna be great! i wish you luck! you were always the best gm to me, i don't know what people are talking about when they say u tp people.. like pfft.. fucking bs! well GL man!

GM Steven > All other GM's
I've survived in Cyntara longer than...
GM Brad
GM Joseph
GM Justice
Root

Can't remember if there was more.

Back when I was active was catching an average of 3-5 botters a day.
Catching a LOT of duplicators & also found about 6 ways of crashing the server.

GM Steven = Beast...

I hate to give up on a project I have started, but this has gone far enough. I'm done working with Red, I can't work with someone that doesn't trust me. Not only that, someone who knows nothing about anything computer related and assumes that everything is a quick fix. I'm done.

Have I said anything is a quick fix? No. I expect you to take your time.

Without trust, I can't work on the sources and compile without going through retarded and useless hoops. Let me show you how I have to work:

It's not about trust. I'm not going to risk everybody losing everything and you shutting Cyntara down. It's just not going to happen, nobody except for me is going to have that ability.

1. Download the sources from the dedicated.
2. Search through the 80+ files of 5k+ lines of code for a part I have little knowledge about.
3. Edit the part that I believe to be causing the errors.
4. Upload the sources to a hosting site and give the link to Red.
5. Hope Red compiles it correctly.
6. Wait for Red to complain he doesn't know what the errors mean and pray he copies ALL of it instead of leaving out very important warnings during the compiling process.
7. Repeat until all errors are "gone"

Of course I could work through Team View and do it all on his computer with a 3-4 second lag on everything I input and having Red pop up random things while I'm trying to work.

Teamview onto the dedicated and be able to control everything 100%, you'll just have my supervision. There wouldn't be lag because Teamviewer doesn't create lag, it's because my upload is slow as fuck, as you've seen. Your internet seems to suffice, and the dedicated is definitely fast, so no lag of course.

All of this bullshit could be removed if he would tell me the password to the dedicated so I can attempt to set it up to have a editor I could work from at any time, instead of when he's on, but of course he can't, he's too scared that I would destroy what I'm trying to fix or worse, DELETE EVERYTHING! Oh no, why would I do such a thing? I wouldn't, Red is just paranoid to let any one actually have access.

You have no [known] reason to do that, but who knows. I can't let you have the ability to completely end Cyntara forever. I value my player's security very highly.

Another problem is the fact that he has changed OS three times. From Windows to Ubuntu 8.04 to Debian 5.0. I worked for two weeks straight to compile the sources from the Windows version to Ubuntu. And now he expects me to recompile the sources again, but through the bullshit he demands I do. Logical right? And when I brought this up, he tells me to figure out how to backup the database. An honest request except that I know I have to learn it THEN teach him how to do it, have him fuck the shit up and throw everything back a month or even take the server offline. I can't let that happen.

Nothing to say.

As of this moment, I deleted Root and have no interest in playing here.

You can't delete characters, but I took him off your account for you.

However, my experience with the workings of a OT server has peaked my interest and motivated myself to make my own with a RL friend of mine. I will not advertise the server, but I will let my closer friends know so I can have some beta testers.

Good luck. Although I'm sure you'll ask me some questions, I'll still help you <_<

And now, without a listing of all people I know and respect, I say goodbye.

Red

1) To all the people who are talking about whether Root was a good or bad GM, or whether he abused his power, go talk about it somewhere else. This is not what this thread is about.

2) [@Root]: Everyone appreciates everything that you did, no doubt about that. However, if you knew how many times people just as seemingly kind as you have betrayed Red and stabbed him in the back, then you would understand the trust issue. I have known Red for years, and you had more access as a GM than me lol. Having power and access is a powerful thing, and many people don't know how to handle it. With this said, you can understand why he would not want you to have this amount of access- whether you like it or not, you should understand.

3) [@Red]: You lost a good staff member, and a friend as it seems. I know that this only happened to ensure that your server remains safe, which is logical and admirable. There is two sides to the argument, yes, but in the end it is your decision to grand how much access is given- as it is your server. Lets hope the server will recover and continue to grow :peace:

4) [@Zarz]: I'm still here buddy, just in spirit!

Lastly: Root was a good person, and a great friend when we talked. He was a talented, hard working individual who did a lot for Cyntara. This is why I took the time to read all the posts (even the stupid ones), and post this reply.

You will be missed friend.

(check your private messages on these forums)

Sincerely,
DM

Took the words out of my mouth Zach.

<3

Red

i never bot idiot...

lol, answer doesnt bots.. even when the "brs" go attack answer, we set them a trap, ;P, i run to them, telling that answer's botting, just 2 laps to the circle, and they attack, then they fall death, and if i tell this or not, this wont make any difference, CUZ THEY ARE SO STUPID that they fall and fall and fall over an over an over again, hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

DEMENTIA:D

i like how a retirement thread suddenly became a flame thread about people botting/not being able to speak english.

@akalic.

he's smart not to let anyone have full access. do you have any idea how much time/effort red put into the server before you even showed up? theres a huge amount of money in cyntara's donations and only and idiot would risk all of that by trusting someone he met over the internet.

~~~Raxor

Railio has put it into another interesting perspective. If you started a computer sales business, and I was your co-manager, would you give me ALL of your information? Computer systems/store key/bank info?

Red

Back