• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcing the immediate availability of The Forgotten Server version 1.1.

The highlights of this release are:
  • Game protocol 10.77
  • Non-blocking SQL queries
  • Full utilization of creature and item userdata, with backwards compatibility in compat.lua
  • Extended item attribute customization
  • Improved XML error handling
This release has been brought to you by:
Changelog: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki/Changelog-1.1
Download: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/releases/tag/v1.1

Beutiful! :D

edit, is x64 crash problem fixed?

Last edited:
This is very exciting! Glad to hear the release made it on time!

Red

Nice to hear this ! Now people have very good engin ! :)

Hells yeah! Great news! Great work from everyone! I am thankful for every minute spent on this from everyone who spent time on it. Thanks guys love to see the amazing progress that is done each and every day :D

Every step TFS become more awesome and powerful, stability and extensible features was the best choice ever.
Looking forward to see the development of 1.2, also congratulations for all guys which are involved with this release !

Beutiful! :D

edit, is x64 crash problem fixed?

I'm new to this, but I'm having issues with the x64 bit server crashing when running ORTS. I am not a coder in any sense, but I compiled my own x64 bit from the source in Visual Studio and ran the debugger and it seems linked to NPC moving/actions?

I'm new to this, but I'm having issues with the x64 bit server crashing when running ORTS. I am not a coder in any sense, but I compiled my own x64 bit from the source in Visual Studio and ran the debugger and it seems linked to NPC moving/actions?

We suspect that it's a memory leak in their data pack, probably in the Lua NPC lib. AFAIK they aren't prioritizing the issue, so I'm not sure if it will be fixed anytime soon.

We suspect that it's a memory leak in their data pack, probably in the Lua NPC lib. AFAIK they aren't prioritizing the issue, so I'm not sure if it will be fixed anytime soon.
For some reason it's only with x64 not x86. So it's something weird.

For some reason it's only with x64 not x86. So it's something weird.

I agree, but as Tarek said it only crashes with the 64bit version.
So @Mark would you mind linking to something / explaining how a 32bit version would be more stable then a 64bit version?

64-bit uses twice as much memory for pointers, so it's probably still leaking in the 32-bit version, just that you have enough memory to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back