• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server Icon Competition - Voting thread - V3

What submission do you think is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WibbenZ

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Welcome back to the 3rd (and last) poll for the TFS Icon Competition.
This round we have converted all the images from the SVG files and provided them in the same size.
We also included a more realistic size (48x48) so you can see how it would look on your taskbar / desktop.

The poll will end on the 17th of July, good luck to the contestants! :)

Prize: Eternal Glory from having your icon used for TFS!

Rules:

You MUST NOT vote for yourself
You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry
You MUST only vote once. Anyone found using multiple accounts to vote will have all of their votes discounted. If an entrant decides to violate this rule, they will be banned indefinitely from the competitions and have their entry disqualified.
You MUST NOT insult or "flame" anyone, their icon or their comments
This last sentence here isn't really a rule, but congratz, you actually read all this. If you comment on the thread, make your text colored green, and I'll know that you've been attentive.

#1 - River KA * Disqualified *
river48.png

river512.png

#2 - Ralke * 1st place *
ralke48.png

ralke512.png

#3 - Sir Sezago * 2nd place *
sezago48.png

sezago512.png

Last edited:
my vote goes to #3
#2 looks nice but not when scaled down to an icon size
#1 although I liked the golden version of it better, this one is kinda dead

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, good luck @Sir Sezago, @River KA
@WibbenZ why does my submittion has a lower resolution? look at the borders, I provided a better one from the start ;p

The images were created from the SVG file you provided, so in that case you sent me the wrong SVG file.

I'm between 1 and 3... but any is fine. Good luck

Now that I think about it, number 3 makes much more sense and is clearer at first glance.
#3 Definitely

No. 2 for sure. TFS is not some Firefox/Chromium/Linux.
We need icon that shows that TFS is not high quality open source software. You need to look with some zoom to find good parts of it - 64x64 px image won't show it, like icon no. 2 in 64x64:
1623451556589.png

32x32:
1623451795550.png
looks even more like 2010

Waiting for 1.3 / 1.4 for X years. Are you finally release it?!
We are discussing XXXXing icon for X months waiting for release.

Last edited:
No. 2 for sure. TFS is not some Firefox/Chromium/Linux.
We need icon that shows that TFS is not high quality open source software. You need to look with some zoom to find good parts of it - 64x64 px image won't show it, like icon no. 2 in 64x64:
View attachment 59564

32x32:
View attachment 59565
looks even more like 2010

Waiting for 1.3 / 1.4 for X years. Are you finally release it?!
We are discussing XXXXing icon for X months waiting for release.
I always agreed with 2, and my previous vote was 2 but I started to think well, and that icon makes us think that we are dealing with a quite old engine, I see that and immediately I think of TFS 0.3.6

On the other hand, when I see the other icon, it makes me think that it is something different, something new, although it looks weird and it is not the best, but before the 2, the 3 takes it by the horns

@ralke I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just an opinion in general, you are very good and I'm sure that in the future you will change this icon for something much better <3

Alright, let's see:
  • I won't even take 2 into consideration. The art is great, but the scaling will make it completely unreadable ("tfs" text looks like ferumbras staff when scaled down).
  • the hat from 2 also looks a lot like otx icon, this could confuse some people
  • 1 and 3 are okay, but they might need a little redraw to maintain the quality
  • 1 is too minimalistic imo. Looks good, but there's nothing that give it a server feeling, therefore my vote goes for #3

My vote was for #2. When the icon is finally generated the "TFS" text should be removed from the 16x16 size and maybe 24x24 size but it should be included for all larger sizes 32x32, 48x48 and 256x256.

RALKE's icon is hilarious
Post automatically merged:

also yea ... the scaling job was horribly done thus ruined its quality

the second icon is better than the others.
2 = unique, original and use visual identity from tibia.
1 and 3 = generic, looks like another billions icons from internet

this poll cant be democratic

the second icon is better than the others.
2 = unique, original and use visual identity from tibia.
1 and 3 = generic, looks like another billions icons from internet

this poll cant be democratic
hard agree at this point, #1 and #3 are good icons but they are not what I would expect the tfs icon to be, they simply do not capture what tfs is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back