• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server map development!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Forgotten Server development blog:
As a lot of you TFS users might have thought about is that the map is rather old, therefore they assigned two new developers that could handle this. And there is where Siramix and Clinten gets on the board in TFS. Along with the other TFS developers, we're (Siramix&Clinten) going to develop a brand-new continent, with a lot of mysteries, quests and a lot more to explore! Therefore we decided to create a thread where our maps will be showed. We are going to update the thread regulary with one or two pictures during our process, but unfortunately we are not going to spoil any kind of quest-spoilers and one more note, we are not going to show the minimap until the entire map is done. But you will be updated regulary with futher information and pictures!

You find our thread in the Mapping board, but you may also click the URL here to go directly to the threads main post:
http://otland.net/f57/forgotten-serv...ew-map-121836/

There are no time set when the map will be done. And we do not dare to promise you any date yet. ;)!​

The map looks exactly the same as the first one?

We will not commit the new map untill it's fairly playable.

How did you know that it's the same one? You are not a premium user.

The new map looks like the old map. And still the old map is made in 7.8?

guys, are you creating another download&run or what?
but well, hope that there will be packages w/o map(to make download faster for example?) also
yeah yeah, I'm already complaining
sorry

The new map looks like the old map. And still the old map is made in 7.8?

Are you saying that we are using the same style as the old TFS map has?
You have seen 5(?) pictures of the map and you are saying that we are using the same style...
What's your point anyway?

KAZnekO3Zn.png
4ccBb0L4B.png

First one looks actually better.

guys, are you creating another download&run or what?
but well, hope that there will be packages w/o map(to make download faster for example?) also
yeah yeah, I'm already complaining
sorry
We are trying to make the TFS server better, just as the coders are.

I have never ever seen that first picture that you showed me.. It got some similarities, I agree.
But still, we are not revamping the old map. I have only had the current TFS map in my map editor once, for a couple of minutes.

First one looks actually better.

You hate us, of course it does.

Why would I hate you?

You haven't done anything to me xD
I just said the first piece is better. So I wouldn't say "We are making TFS better". Maybe the coding will be better, but doesn't look like the map will be.

Why would I hate you?

You haven't done anything to me xD
I just said the first piece is better. So I wouldn't say "We are making TFS better". Maybe the coding will be better, but doesn't look like the map will be.

I'm certain that you have the feeling; "I'm such a badass mapper that pwn all, so I can express myself however I want :D"... We are making TFS better, else Talaturen wouldn't assign us to this part, believe me. :)

I'm such a badass ;)

No Really... The map is just plain boring... As HesteN said in the Mapping Showoff section... Just look at KingKomic's picture of the old TFS map, looks just the same, and KingKomic made that map in like 7.8 or something.

I'm such a badass ;)

No Really... The map is just plain boring... As HesteN said in the Mapping Showoff section... Just look at KingKomic's picture of the old TFS map, looks just the same, and KingKomic made that map in like 7.8 or something.

That's one small piece of the map, if you expect the entire map to have the same style then you are wrong.

We will not commit the new map untill it's fairly playable.

How did you know that it's the same one? You are not a premium user.

Huh? Has the map even changed since 0.3.6? If not, that's an irrelevant question, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back