• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server map development!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Forgotten Server development blog:
As a lot of you TFS users might have thought about is that the map is rather old, therefore they assigned two new developers that could handle this. And there is where Siramix and Clinten gets on the board in TFS. Along with the other TFS developers, we're (Siramix&Clinten) going to develop a brand-new continent, with a lot of mysteries, quests and a lot more to explore! Therefore we decided to create a thread where our maps will be showed. We are going to update the thread regulary with one or two pictures during our process, but unfortunately we are not going to spoil any kind of quest-spoilers and one more note, we are not going to show the minimap until the entire map is done. But you will be updated regulary with futher information and pictures!

You find our thread in the Mapping board, but you may also click the URL here to go directly to the threads main post:
http://otland.net/f57/forgotten-serv...ew-map-121836/

There are no time set when the map will be done. And we do not dare to promise you any date yet. ;)!​

first one is def better. not saying that to be mean, its just..obvious.

Oh yeh? I'm sorry to say this, but the first one is def over aged, and to be honest not better.

First one "over aged"... Still better, how come?

Siramix don't take it personally. It's just our opinions, you do as you wish, it's your map not ours.

It's just fun how you can judge the map from seeing about 10 screenshots of it. :)
So why don't you judge the project itself instead of the mapping that you actually don't know a shit about, as we've got a lot more than showed..

The Forgotten Server map is some kind of sample map for basic tests. I don't think it requires development, really. You guys could spend the time spent while revamping TFS map on reproducing bugs or extending own projects :c. Still, that's only my opinion.

The Forgotten Server map is some kind of sample map for basic tests. I don't think it requires development, really. You guys could spend the time spent while revamping TFS map on reproducing bugs or extending own projects :c. Still, that's only my opinion.

Why not? This could mean we might see a TFS server out there, hosted by OtLand, a custom map RPG, not a shitty rl map like icechaws and all the other 10,000 rl maps that have nothing unique about them whatsoever. If the TFS team make this map, a brand new one for that matter, people would play. If it was good.

Then you shouldn't release it, just make new project. It would be great, I hate real maps too. I thought you were to develop it in private SVN, for public.

This map is also just a map that you get while downloading the TFS, allthough this one will be good enough to attract people to run their server with this map.

Why not just host it on otland. you will get great money to upgrade forum and the server. :)

@Clinten, IMO the TFS team should just host their own Unique map server with scripts etc. People would most probably play, I certainly would.
Let it run for about a month and if its not working out (Player amounts etc) then release the map out (without scripts).

It's actually much fun to keep good RPG server running even for those 50-60 players ;-).

Depends on the size of the map and the type of quest's it has (Difficulty, Player's required etc)
But ye, I'd still play it :p

KAZnekO3Zn.png
4ccBb0L4B.png

Sizaro trolling.

Different clothes colors.. Look at the chests :p

My own personal opinion is that the first picture looks better because of the sidewalks, it was very creative..

Also, the second picture looks too much like RL tibia rookgaard.. If you Imagine going north of temple where there is a rat hole, you'll recognize yourself imiedlity..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back