• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server v0.3 (alpha 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i know. It will be fixed in next release. Now you must fix it yourself- replace < 10 to <= 10 in iologindata.cpp, as guy above posted.

Fixed bug. I took to posting and for all.

:thumbup:

Attachments

• TheForgottenServer.rar
    985.2 KB · Views: 75 · VirusTotal
It's a bug? :blink:
25svfht.jpg

God outfit is not in sqm and talk in default channel looks strange. It is client bug or server?

CipSoft roxando sprites _/

If you want be able to use both: acc number, and acc name.

iologindata.cpp
After this
Code:
bool IOLoginData::getAccountId(const std::string& name, uint32_t& number)
{
Add:
Code:
	uint32_t accId = atoi(name.c_str());
	if(accId)
	{
		number = accId;
	    return true;
	}

Now you can login with acc name, and also acc number ! (thx elf ;d)

Please

how i put npcs in the map

all forgottens who i down (0.2 and 0.3) no have npcs

what i do???

please answear me please...!!!

Using this in sql query, saw it earlyer in this post to uptade my vocations, so that I don't get the vocation error on all promoted vocations...

The code was:
Code:
UPDATE ´players´ SET  = replace(vocations,"8","4");

and so on with all vocations, this is a KNIGHT example.. from promoted to un-promoted..

but its not working, could some one post one that works??
Would apreciated.. and finally one thing... this system doesn't seem to be supporting custom vocations... hope this query, ones it works helps me out...

Thanks in advance.

Using this in sql query, saw it earlyer in this post to uptade my vocations, so that I don't get the vocation error on all promoted vocations...

The code was:
Code:
UPDATE ´players´ SET  = replace(vocations,"8","4");

and so on with all vocations, this is a KNIGHT example.. from promoted to un-promoted..

but its not working, could some one post one that works??
Would apreciated.. and finally one thing... this system doesn't seem to be supporting custom vocations... hope this query, ones it works helps me out...

Thanks in advance.
Vocation is now BASE vocation of player.
So, if you wan't a player to be promoted vocation, you don't change his vocation to 8, but promotion level to 1.
Basicly, autofix for vocations is in the core.
This version is stable but i find one some big problem, engine losses connection with MySQL.
I have to disappoint you, but the problem is in your configuration.

So, if you wan't a player to be promoted vocation, you don't change his vocation to 8, but promotion level to 1.

I can add so many promotions levels, as I wish? Also, I must enumerate all vocations with promotions in spells.xml,weapons.xml ect, or just main vocations?

Well it's nice to hear that then...Dont have to worry about having problems with mi custom vocations.. thanks elf..
:D

Some informations about mysql disconnecting if someone interested..
Maybe its problem with our configuration, but I'm using most values from .cfg file posted by Elf. (Same on 2 servers, win2003server & gentoo)

MYSQL log:
Code:
081021 13:45:44 [Warning] Aborted connection 363735 to db: 'xxxx' user: 'yyyy' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

First error from console:
Code:
mysql_real_query(): SELECT `password` FROM `accounts` WHERE `id` = 9179623: MYSQL ERROR: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Thats these lines in sources (Iologindata, function: loadPlayer)
Code:
	//get password
	query << "SELECT `password` FROM `accounts` WHERE `id` = " << accId;
	if(!(result = db->storeQuery(query.str())))
		return false;

Before, there are these queries, which probably (as Elf said) causes these disconnects:
Code:
		query << "SELECT `guild_ranks`.`name` AS `rank`, `guild_ranks`.`guild_id` AS `guildid`, `guild_ranks`.`level` AS `level`, `guilds`.`name` AS `guildname` FROM `guild_ranks`, `guilds` WHERE `guild_ranks`.`id` = " << player->guildRankId << " AND `guild_ranks`.`guild_id` = `guilds`.`id`";

But its only in some cases, and today i'll do some prints to check who was in this moment loaded.

And next enjoying thing, its that its not disconnecting when there are much players online, but 1 player can cause this, and he even won't know about it..

Changing max_allowed_packet gives nothing (I have 256MB):
http://themattreid.com/wordpress/?p=15

Useful links:
MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: B.1.2.11 Communication Errors and Aborted Connections

I can add so many promotions levels, as I wish? Also, I must enumerate all vocations with promotions in spells.xml,weapons.xml ect, or just main vocations?

yes, you need to add all vocations.

@slaw~:
I am waiting for results :)

@piotrek:
make sure.

Last edited:
Ehh, 30 minutes ago, server losse again connection with MySQL, and i get this message in console.

Code:
mysql_real_query(): SELECT `password` FROM `accounts` WHERE `id` = 259658: MYSQL ERROR: Lost connection to MySQL server during query.

I'm searching ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back