• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[The Netherlands] [Custom / 10.98] Elthia | 25 Starts January AT 20:00 CET

Server Website/AAC
Https://www.elthia.net
Server Address
elthia.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
I was quite excited for the release, seemed quite interesting. Nice compact map with a lot of areas to explore. However, as I am very much against p2w and early boosters I did not bother going into the tibia store. Obviously there's your classic outfits section/mounts etc. that are merely just cosmetics. But then I quickly realised when there's 2 level 100+ already whilst everyone is still stuck at 50, I knew something was up. VIP items...kind of ruined it for me since they give you quite a boost if you spend some $. Shame really but nonetheless it's a good server and I'd recommend it for anyone who'd like to explore new content etc.

6/10

this server make mages even more powerfull then others, physical classes sux so much compared to them in every way

I was quite excited for the release, seemed quite interesting. Nice compact map with a lot of areas to explore. However, as I am very much against p2w and early boosters I did not bother going into the tibia store. Obviously there's your classic outfits section/mounts etc. that are merely just cosmetics. But then I quickly realised when there's 2 level 100+ already whilst everyone is still stuck at 50, I knew something was up. VIP items...kind of ruined it for me since they give you quite a boost if you spend some $. Shame really but nonetheless it's a good server and I'd recommend it for anyone who'd like to explore new content etc.

6/10
this server make mages even more powerfull then others, physical classes sux so much compared to them in every way
I said both these things on the day of the start to the Admin. And he felt otherwise about what I had said. Now I see posts in regards to the similar things I had stated to him and that it would indeed, be a problem. But I was ignored and told "Im sorry you feel that way". Hense why I never went back to even give the server a shot. Its way to mage friendly, donating soft boots at start for mage is more OP then they realize. But they insisted on having this item shop to totally ruin the gameplay and RPG aspect of the game. Its 100% p2w. And I believe these admins dont understand the meaning behind Paying to Win.

I said both these things on the day of the start to the Admin. And he felt otherwise about what I had said. Now I see posts in regards to the similar things I had stated to him and that it would indeed, be a problem. But I was ignored and told "Im sorry you feel that way". Hense why I never went back to even give the server a shot. Its way to mage friendly, donating soft boots at start for mage is more OP then they realize. But they insisted on having this item shop to totally ruin the gameplay and RPG aspect of the game. Its 100% p2w. And I believe these admins dont understand the meaning behind Paying to Win.

Dear dlaw14,

unfortunately some people like you feel this way.
Like i said before on discord, yes with donation you might have a head start to become the number 1 player on Elthia.
But still they way you play says the rest there are still players in the top 10 of our server whitout even donating anything. Yes mybe they have to try harder on the beginning. But what i said was later on with umbral items and normal soft boots from poi you all could be the same. So pay 2 win? You only want to become the number 1 player? Or just enjoy the rpg behind this game whitout donation. It is still up to you.

Kind regards,
Skippel.

I mean it just would be nice to see a server finally that doesn't hide behind the idea of "you can get similar stuff later on" but actually not implement such content into the game. Shame you followed the typical way of running an "RPG" server. Unfortunate how servers these days and the teams that put them together are only capable of saying "we are sorry" bla bla bla...and just defend their mistake that pushes away majority of the players. "Cyka Bazooka" is probably a chinese investor that put $1000 into the server to buyout all of the store, 0 balance in fairness or economy as expected these days...everyone strives to make a penny and not a worthy of notice game.

Edit: ^ which is a shame because the mapping idea has a very RPG feeling and I actually enjoyed the few minutes of exploring undergrounds etc. I like that but meh...

Also you don't have to write in a letter format each time you respond to somebody XD.

I mean it just would be nice to see a server finally that doesn't hide behind the idea of "you can get similar stuff later on" but actually not implement such content into the game. Shame you followed the typical way of running an "RPG" server. Unfortunate how servers these days and the teams that put them together are only capable of saying "we are sorry" bla bla bla...and just defend their mistake that pushes away majority of the players. "Cyka Bazooka" is probably a chinese investor that put $1000 into the server to buyout all of the store, 0 balance in fairness or economy as expected these days...everyone strives to make a penny and not a worthy of notice game.

Edit: ^ which is a shame because the mapping idea has a very RPG feeling and I actually enjoyed the few minutes of exploring undergrounds etc. I like that but meh...

Also you don't have to write in a letter format each time you respond to somebody XD.
That was what happened with me, I played for a few, noticed how unbalanced and how unfair the gameplay is for mages, noticed someone hit lvl 200 in a few days of the server being launched. Yet I was told the admin didnt want an easy 2 day server xDDDD but yet he did jsut that and has someone who is wayyyyy to high lvl.

Not to mention and I will post proof here if need be. But I caught one of the GMS giving points/coins to someone in trainers. This way about 30 mins into the launch and I witnessed it with my own eyes. I told the Owner about it, tells me thanks that he will talk to them about it and that I deserve a "Reward" for it. Yet I refused to get some kind of ingame reward to further my gameplay and make it easier. Corruption at its finest. ;)

By proof I mean, the Admin Acknowledging my report and then telling me he will reward me for my actions note: I already quit the server when I saw this.

So pay 2 win? You only want to become the number 1 player?
Yes, this is exactly what pay2win means – that if you want to win (be top 1 in case of Tibia), you have to pay.

noticed someone hit lvl 200 in a few days of the server being launched
In fact, that player got level 200 in just one day – it's ridiculous.

Lol see now I didnt know that. But good to know. Meh it wont last, I wont put my time into this thread anymore. xD Let it play out. Their will be OT servers in the making for decades to come. No loss here. Ive seen many ots like this try, but never make it. Its inevitable. Owners with this kind of attitude now days, go no where. This server wont last to long mark my words xD.

Dear everyone.

I myself as a returning player to this custom map OT from years back when it was known as: Masterworld, have come back with as much as a critical eye as you all.
I was able to make the trailer because of testing the waters with the server before it went live, so of course a lot of things have changed and some for the better like the pet system which has seen use by the current playerbase.

Its a bit disheartening to see people so put off by the current state of the shop, yes it gives people a bit of an edge to just start out.
But they only get you so far, not to mention the VIP items listed aside from the shoes are only usable from 200+ onward, and they are not even the strongest, same go for the shoes. Soft boots from PoI is better.

As for seeing someone get tibia coins, its because people make bug reports and the staff rewards them for pointing out bugs, and as a compensation if the bug harmed their gameplay.

there is much more to see in the server then just the shop guys.

So a plea from a old and returning player, reconsider and give it a longer session. and if you still feel stuff should change, the staff and host is willing to listen to your feedback and make changes to hopefully satisfy all players.

Regards,
Elk. (Tutor)

Dear everyone.

I myself as a returning player to this custom map OT from years back when it was known as: Masterworld, have come back with as much as a critical eye as you all.
I was able to make the trailer because of testing the waters with the server before it went live, so of course a lot of things have changed and some for the better like the pet system which has seen use by the current playerbase.

Its a bit disheartening to see people so put off by the current state of the shop, yes it gives people a bit of an edge to just start out.
But they only get you so far, not to mention the VIP items listed aside from the shoes are only usable from 200+ onward, and they are not even the strongest, same go for the shoes. Soft boots from PoI is better.

As for seeing someone get tibia coins, its because people make bug reports and the staff rewards them for pointing out bugs, and as a compensation if the bug harmed their gameplay.

there is much more to see in the server then just the shop guys.

So a plea from a old and returning player, reconsider and give it a longer session. and if you still feel stuff should change, the staff and host is willing to listen to your feedback and make changes to hopefully satisfy all players.

Regards,
Elk. (Tutor)
Dude a player got level 200 one day.

These shop items dont just give you an "edge" at the start but they help you achieve getting to level 200.... CLEARLY. There is nothing RPG about buying items in a shop that can help your gameplay significantly. Not just throw you a small edge, its a massive edge. Lets be real here.

In regards to someone getting tibia coins, you say of course the logical and most simplistic answer..... "the player probably gave out bug reports" yeah no. I reported this right away when I saw it. He then in turn told me he will right away talk to the GM about it. Never once did he tell me what you just did, so in other words what you're telling me, is false.

I get there is much to see in the server then just a shop... but you tell me... seeing this kind of behavior from a GM , then in return not given the explination you gave me about why this person prob got coins, I was told "Im taking care of this, you should be rewarded for witnessing and for reporting such actions" so to me this wasnt what you stated a simple reward for bug report. This is something else.

As you can see its not just one person saying this p2w shop ruins it. You have a whole community here thats been against p2w shop for years now. And in all these threads its a big factor and a big issues, people HATE p2w servers. I dont know where you got the results of this is what people wanted on your server.... Cause here in the OT community, we hate p2w. Some of us like being able to pay to get ahead, but dont call your server a not p2w when it most definitely is.

Dude a player got level 200 one day.

These shop items dont just give you an "edge" at the start but they help you achieve getting to level 200.... CLEARLY. There is nothing RPG about buying items in a shop that can help your gameplay significantly. Not just throw you a small edge, its a massive edge. Lets be real here.

In regards to someone getting tibia coins, you say of course the logical and most simplistic answer..... "the player probably gave out bug reports" yeah no. I reported this right away when I saw it. He then in turn told me he will right away talk to the GM about it. Never once did he tell me what you just did, so in other words what you're telling me, is false.

I get there is much to see in the server then just a shop... but you tell me... seeing this kind of behavior from a GM , then in return not given the explination you gave me about why this person prob got coins, I was told "Im taking care of this, you should be rewarded for witnessing and for reporting such actions" so to me this wasnt what you stated a simple reward for bug report. This is something else.

As you can see its not just one person saying this p2w shop ruins it. You have a whole community here thats been against p2w shop for years now. And in all these threads its a big factor and a big issues, people HATE p2w servers. I dont know where you got the results of this is what people wanted on your server.... Cause here in the OT community, we hate p2w. Some of us like being able to pay to get ahead, but dont call your server a not p2w when it most definitely is.

The shop is P2W, no doubt- the boots are mandatory even for an EK if they want an easier time, that said- You can do most of this without paying a dime, and I mean getting to level 200, you wont do it in a day but it's quite achievable in 3 days if you have the time- the problem isn't the boots or anything else, it's the fact you can jump start yourself with free runes, but because of the 3x loot money comes in quite easily so the issue boils down to finding good spawns & from what I know, for some reason Cyka knew where an Asura spawn is & has been able to level there uncontested, Asuras being a very powerful spawn- that's where the real PGing comes in, knowledge, & if you've played previously, you should have it in abundance.

not sure how anyone can try to deny that the boots are p2w. a mage gets 4 mana every 2 sec, 8 with upgrade in talent tree, and the boots give 30 mana per second. that's 60 in 2 seconds, making a mage get 68 mana in 2 seconds with the upgrade, which is 8.5x more than a normal player. you can't get the upgrade until level 40, so for those first 40 levels the boots heal you 16x more than the normal player.

dont forget about +30% dmg elemental boost from talents for a class that was always most powerfull for whole tibia life :D

dont forget about +30% dmg elemental boost from talents for a class that was always most powerfull for whole tibia life :D

Yea, this doesn't make sense to me so far- I play an EK, and even though I was told our damage was increased, I just don't really notice it or it's not that big a deal, the only thing is the slightly higher attack speed that paladins apparently get anyway- there's a serious balance issue there.
That said I've also been told that at around 200-250 EKs get a huge power spike due to their spell.

Yea, this doesn't make sense to me so far- I play an EK, and even though I was told our damage was increased, I just don't really notice it or it's not that big a deal, the only thing is the slightly higher attack speed that paladins apparently get anyway- there's a serious balance issue there.
That said I've also been told that at around 200-250 EKs get a huge power spike due to their spell.

Dear Amusement,

Hope to see you hit level 200 and higher to check out how knights will come around at higher levels!

Kind regards,
Skippel.

Hi,

Decided to give it a try and apparently the top level, Cyka Bazooka, was banned for botting. GM announces that he will be unbanned and from now on any bots caught outside of training room will be banned.
But what about the 280 levels he has gotten, most of them probably botting? Nothing is done to fix the damage done by the bot use? Just a pat on the back and moving on like nothing happened?

I got to lvl 5 and with the above happening while I was just starting, I decided to call it quits. This situation shows a huge lack of awareness about the "damage" done by the situation. If it's like this in a crystal clear situation where the top level botter isnt punished, I wonder what else happens behind closed doors that hurts the integrity of the server.

Bad management and im clearly out, but before I do remove the games files from my PC, just thought I should let any new players know that this happened.

Back