• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[The Netherlands] RealOTs 7.7 custom client. Launching soon! Playable from the USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure about that, but if you say so

Even if 7.72 is fun, it'll never be oldschool in my eyes. Not because of wands or runes in shop but because PZ on boats changes everything. I suggest you enable the "bring me to" commands to immediately travel to prevent boat traps, and make people able to walk over several parcels, etc, but remove the damn PZ. Boat traps won't be possible with these things anyway, and I really hate zones in tibia, which is just what pz on these parts makes it.

Even if 7.72 is fun, it'll never be oldschool in my eyes. Not because of wands or runes in shop but because PZ on boats changes everything. I suggest you enable the "bring me to" commands to immediately travel to prevent boat traps, and make people able to walk over several parcels, etc, but remove the damn PZ. Boat traps won't be possible with these things anyway, and I really hate zones in tibia, which is just what pz on these parts makes it.
fuck yeah!

I'm all for removing PZ on boats! PZ should ONLY be for temples, and depots!

Best idea of the thread so far.

Will take this into consideration, I'm not impossible to make changes, I'll do a poll about this once the server is up! :)
I also have some good news that i'll come back to, just have to talk to certain people first! :)

"bring me to" wont stop boat traps necessarily.

You need to disable pz on boats, add the "bring me to" command and also have where you spawn on the boats set randomly.

Ingens is just going to PK randoms whenever this happends like he does everywhere..

Here's the deal, and yes I am Brian Jamison from Facebook Robert. When Iryont hosted this it was indeed the real files. As someone else posted Dennis and Iryont are both professional and close to one another. The reason it failed is not entirely because 7.72 is a mage dominant server, but because the lack of interest by Iryont. He openly admitted he did not care enough to invest the time needed to help Realots grow, and openly said his true love was Tibianic.org and that was all he cared about.

I like that you are enabling knights and paladins to deal damage more damage with the stars, increased attack, and enchantments, but at the end of the day knights were not supposed to be able to deal massive amounts of damage. I understand it will take months to a year for a knight to obtain a SCA, SoV, or TH... but realistically when they do, with 90 skills and a berserk they can potentially deal close to 700 damage pvp. Is it really fair that a level 120 mage can basically get 1 hit by a knight? I feel like that is for Tibia 10.5 or whatever the new age client is at nowadays. Why not just leave it at increased weapon attacks and remove the whole enchant thing? And this is coming from a knight player myself, I have been playing knights since 2003. I know them inside and out and honestly I am 110% against the enchantment system.

As for paladins, I think the majority of the community will agree with my idea on this. I talked to Iryont about it and he kept saying he was going to do it since it was a good one indeed but as I stated earlier he didn't care about Realots.net, and never got around to doing that or anything of that matter. As someone said earlier, the reason we all prefer power bolts being the best damage for a paladin is because the sprite. I truly like that power bolts are buffed beyond light bolts and are again the dominate damage dealer of paladins, but for their sake why not edit the light crossbow and light bolts? My idea I talked with Iryont about was to add a yellow stripe across the handle of the light crossbow, and change the pull string on it to yellow as well. As for the light bolts, copy the power bolt sprite but change the stripes to yellow. I also think sniper stars should be turned a different color, possibly purple?

On another note, I am very, very excited to start. There is no longer a doubt in my mind I will be starting here, real cipsoft files, 3x exp.. with PoI added?! Really glad you made that the only way of getting soft boots! Hopefully sooner than later it starts!

Give it a chance bro, trust me it's for the best. Seriously.

It was all mage wars, knights were so bad and I honestly do not believe a knight will be ever doing a 700 combo unless they're level 140+

I made a post on page 1 showing how much armor makes a difference compared to OT's.

You'd really be surprised how little damage they do when armor actually has a realistic effect.

Are you talking to me? I saw the post and knew it before you even did since it's real CIP files. And if you are talking to me, a mage isn't wearing good equipment at any level so that is included in my statement. And with that being said, what about an enchanted ice rapier?

Known him for quite a long time. And with some detailed plans of ours, about how to host the server and for what cause. He agreed on it :) Of course he want's to see it succeed, he just don't have the time required himself.
I am so jelly of you. Been trying to contact him since I heard of the realots in the first place, but it seems to be impossible. Damnit.

I think you should consider making exp stages. Or at least start from 15 and down to 2. People who have a job as most of us old school tibia players have we won't have time to level at 3 X and enjoy it.. This will increase both the fun and the player base on the server. Please keep this in mind or make a poll. I and many others will love this server if the exp would be higher because of lack of time to play.. or atleast make . something for us non "All my free time goes to tibia"

Seems pretty cool on paper tbh, RealOTs returning to have at least half the potential the original realots did. It seems great, but how do we know that when the server's up and running, Superbeast and Neo won't be corrupt, giving their old buddies advantages in the game and what not. They have friends who will play the server so I expect some corruption.

Interesting :) I miss the old times so will probably also join the server.

1st I would think about redesign of the website. Not that its bad or something but could be a bit more attractive.
2nd Proper advertisement is a must! Screenshots/videos etc.

I am just a bit confused with the fact that Ryan is advertising the server even in this thread :p

Thank you for all your kindness and what not. I Read all of your posts!
I'll try to answer most of it, the enchants are there. But not implemented into the NPC's yet. That can, if you wish be a poll thing as well. Where i'd love to hear the whole community's thoughts on that one. About the paladin sprites, with yellow stripes, power bolts and what not. That can be fixed as well! As i did mention, I'm not here to copy Dennis OT. But It will be based on it of course! Website will get better soon to, i promise!
I'll get a guy to make a video very soon.
But the biggest news i yet have not told you guys! These are some really really good news! But as i mentioned this morning, I still have to talk to 2 persons before I'll go out with it to the public! :) So later today you should hear about it! Exp stages hmm.. I'll look onto that more today/tomorrow. I've heard many players who wish to play, but does not have the time to play on a 3x server. Exp stages would help there of course ^^ I'll talk with my crew about that one, and think about it more as well. Decisions are not always the easiest part when it comes to hosting a server. Have to be careful!
We'll work on advertising it more soon as well!

Also I'd like to add a short text about the being corrupt part.
This indeed is a crucial part for a server and for it to survive.
Even though i say I will NOT be corrupt. There's always going to be doubts.
I've already been asked tons of times about help there and here of course, my answer has and will always be. If you wish to receive more messages from me in person. Do not ask for this again. I got the game experience from RealOTs which is good, but I also learned what happened when you were corrupt, and added donations for real money. The server died, really fast! And give me a chance to prove myself right in this matter!
I'm almost 27 years old now. I won't be playing myself. I got a kid even (for the record, she's not into tibia either, 2.5 years old :p). I'll prove all you doubt minded persons out there, that I'm telling you the truth! :) I got a really good base to build on, this project. Why blow with some greed for money? Would you do it?

I'll come with the big news later today folks! :) Stay tuned.........

And for you all here, could you please hit the "Like" button on our Facebook page? :) located here

Last edited:
I was thinking of stages, but not too extreme as they take SS to go into affect right?

1-40=5x
50+=3x?

Come with suggestions! I'll be talking about it with the crew later, now this is your chance to speak up. So do it :)

Why on earth would you like to have stages early on, I do get wanting stages over lvl 150 or whatnot. But higher than 3x at the start? Rook is meant to be a pain in the ass. Getting started is meant to be a pain in the ass.

Higher exp stages at the start will only generate alot of noobchars blocking of hunting spawns, and alot more lvl 30-50 Pk teams. its ridicoulus.

If you want to be a good at a game, you need to spend alot of time getting there. 3x is still rather high for ppl without so much time.

I was working 8 hours 5 days a week when last realots was released and still got to be one of the highest levels in the start. Its not about how much time you spend online, its about how much time you spend lvling. If you want to get somewhere you have to stay focused and dedicated. Thats when you deserve to be high level not since you think you're time isnt enought and want a high exp rate.

Exp stages is good after lvl 150 so that ppl can't get to 200 and above too fast. And more than 3x before lvll 50 could be implemented for new accounts later on as a part of a advertisment or something.

But from the start it shouldnt be anything else than 3x. Its perfect.

@Khaldator
I agree with you brah, but there must be a way to cater to the casual players srs.

For a noob, Cipsoft 7.7 is hardcore EVEN on 3x.

Not everyone is as knowledgeable as you/I

Lovely discussions! I'll come with a suggestion or two later, to see what you guys think :)
I hope more people joins these discussions though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back