• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[The Netherlands] RealOTs 7.7 custom client. Launching soon! Playable from the USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be so hostile, I feel bad for him. He's spent hundreds of thousands of hours trying to copy RealOTS and he's mad it's coming back ;s

lol mad it's coming back? I'm happy it is because Dennis is working with them, otherwise not (I bet you never saw me going around with rxrob lolz), and I'm happy for that because ppl that like serious long-term slow dedicated servers are able to play in there, and my server won't be slow RPG.

lol, dude enchanted weapons, that's by scripting, modify moveuse.dat to work and delete an item and give another one from objects.svr (or simply do it with some npc), it's something that RealOTs can do, or have you not seen objects.svr? Good thing moveuse.dat is not avaible to the public, damn people.

RealOTs CAN'T and WILL NEVER HAVE shared exp, keep dreaming you all wannabes believing RealOTs is expandable greatly like if it was an OT lmfaoo I'm dying ..

No, i havn't seen moveuse.dat nor have i spent thousands of hours trying to do a replica of Realots.

Your post is so funny and ironic, lmfaoo i'm dying...

I know they can make shared exp! I believe in this staff!

I would love to see shared xp as well. However Ezzz is actually right about this. This suggestion was brought forward many times to Dennis on basically every RealOts and he simply can't do it because of the files he has. Or so he claims. Adding enchantments to items isn't really in the same category because it's kind of like the "enchant staff" spell, except it's done through an NPC and has better affects, that's just a matter of scripting and implementing it to the OT. The "share exp" idea would probably involve altering the actual files which the cannot do because like Ezzz said, they don't have the right sources I guess. I think that's how it works anyway :p

I don't think it's impossible to do, but it sure wouldn't be easy to implement. We'll give it a try later on in some update. I've been thinking about that feature too and It would be awesome to have it ^^ If it can be done, we'll do it. If not, well obviously that idea ends there :p

I know they can make shared exp! I believe in this staff!

They can't make shared exp, the same way they can't make the server work with client +7.8 (real not just diff spr with updated graphics).

I would love to see shared xp as well. However Ezzz is actually right about this. This suggestion was brought forward many times to Dennis on basically every RealOts and he simply can't do it because of the files he has. Or so he claims. Adding enchantments to items isn't really in the same category because it's kind of like the "enchant staff" spell, except it's done through an NPC and has better affects, that's just a matter of scripting and implementing it to the OT. The "share exp" idea would probably involve altering the files which the cannot do because like Ezzz said, they don't have the right sources I guess. I think that's how it works anyway :p

This is correct, they can't involve into the game sources.

I don't think it's impossible to do, but it sure wouldn't be easy to implement. We'll give it a try later on in some update. I've been thinking about that feature too and It would be awesome to have it ^^ If it can be done, we'll do it. If not, well obviously that idea ends there :p

No they can't, you clearly said you don't and can't see the files, same said Superbeast, that only Neo can see them, that's why you keep telling stuff that are impossible, giving bad faith to the people. You can't do this, the same way you can't do many stuff without server sources.

I would love to see shared xp as well. However Ezzz is actually right about this. This suggestion was brought forward many times to Dennis on basically every RealOts and he simply can't do it because of the files he has. Or so he claims. Adding enchantments to items isn't really in the same category because it's kind of like the "enchant staff" spell, except it's done through an NPC and has better affects, that's just a matter of scripting and implementing it to the OT. The "share exp" idea would probably involve altering the files which the cannot do because like Ezzz said, they don't have the right sources I guess. I think that's how it works anyway :p
That might be true, also might not. What can be done is quite a open subject. I believe it's more about how much free time and will you put into it. But they sure are complicated "files" to work with ;)

They can't make shared exp, the same way they can't make the server work with client +7.8 (real not just diff spr with updated graphics).

This is correct, they can't involve into the game sources.

No they can't, you clearly said you don't and can't see the files, same said Superbeast, that only Neo can see them, that's why you keep telling stuff that are impossible, giving bad faith to the people. You can't do this, the same way you can't do many stuff without server sources.
What are you talking about? I am Superbeast, and who do you reffer to as Neo since that was me as well lol... How can you know what's possible and not. Have you worked with this project ever?

That might be true, also might not. What can be done is quite a open subject. I believe it's more about how much free time and will you put into it. But they sure are complicated "files" to work with ;)

lol, you're getting it wrong, let me explain you a little bit how it's architecture looks like:

.tibia (configuration file, you can see hidden configs inside game binary)

bin folder holds all binary files that make the server work.
dat folder holds all scripts:

circles.dat (we see this coded inside .cpp files in OT: combat.cpp)
conversion.lst (mostly a 7.4 -> 7.7 conversion)
houseareas.dat (houses SQM prices, and other information for renting houses)
houses.dat (house files with each house tile coordinates).
map.dat (map managing config)
mem.dat (...)
monster.db (monster spawns with spawn rate)
moveuse.dat (all actions, teleports, house beds, depots)
objects.svr (like items.xml)

-there are more files-

Having said this, all special behavior, such as look, monsters behavior, sever save, map loading, party code, is coded in the game binaries, you can't just add that without the sources.

What are you talking about? I am Superbeast, and who do you reffer to as Neo since that was me as well lol... How can you know what's possible and not. Have you worked with this project ever?

I've not worked on the project, but I've the files (not the ones from rxrob).

Last edited:

Just taking Dennis and his former staff's word for it considering he would be the one to implement it since hes the one who does that type of work for you. He seemed to make it pretty clear that there was no way they could implement "shared xp" with the files that he had. I'm sure there's a possibility to add something like it in, I mean there always is I guess.. But it would take someone who really really knows what they're doing. Just sounds like a lengthy, headache causing, problematic process to go through but I'm sure someone dedicated enough could do it eventually.

lol, you're getting it wrong, let me explain you a little bit how it's architecture looks like:

.tibia (configuration file, you can see hidden configs inside game binary)

bin folder holds all binary files that make the server work.
dat folder holds all scripts:

circles.dat (we see this coded inside .cpp files in OT: combat.cpp)
conversion.lst (mostly a 7.4 -> 7.7 conversion)
houseareas.dat (houses SQM prices, and other information for renting houses)
houses.dat (house files with each house tile coordinates).
map.dat (map managing config)
mem.dat (...)
monster.db (monster spawns with spawn rate)
moveuse.dat (all actions, teleports, house beds, depots)
objects.svr (like items.xml)

Having said this, all special behavior, such as look, monsters behavior, sever save, map loading, party code, is coded in the game binaries, you can't just add that without the sources.

I've not worked on the project, but I've the files (not the ones from rxrob).

Aight, time will show i guess. But i'll do my best to prove you wrong ;)

Aight, time will show i guess. But i'll do my best to prove you wrong ;)

That's what I dislike, you're saying stuff that are not true, giving people faith, but like you said, time will prove that this realots will be the same as Iryont RealOTs (people kept asking for new stuff, and new, and changes here and there, but it was impossible for him to do such), even in Valhalla we saw all this, even on other RealOTs, there's always people asking for something that can't be done.

Let's say the broadcasting when a player dies, that's something that people might think can only be done with source editing, I believe it was done with a binary checking for recent deaths on the live data. (but I might be wrong about this one).

Ruuska, why do you think there's never been a single realots with increased regeneration rate? ;)

I know for a fact that some things are more or less impossible to change, but you can't say it is, until you've tried everything right?
Secondly, I don't like the fact that you come in here and tell me what can, and cannot be done.
Im not giving people false hope about anything. I'm saying, if it can be done. It will most likely.... You are actually starting to sound jealous imo.
Maybe it would be for the best if you kept posting on your own thread? And not about others servers? Just a suggestion, I'm done with this conversation either way.

EDIT: Also fun how you say "Has there ever been a realots with this and that?" How many servers with these files has there been to compare with? 1? :p

You will see bro, I feel sorry for the server and what people believe how good and expandable it is in modern days, seems like everyone forgot about all the other realots.

Good luck anyways.

after what i saw ezzz writhing idk it anymore about this server xd sorry. He seems not to be intentional flaming you, but hes more likely warning us i guesss:/

after what i saw ezzz writhing idk it anymore about this server xd sorry. He seems not to be intentional flaming you, but hes more likely warning us i guesss:/
Yea, but i believe in what i've seen, and on what i've heard from Dennis alot more, than something this guy claims.
But if you rather believe this dude. Be my guest Assassinho :) I'll still prove you wrong, maybe not about the shared exp. But about that it's not impossible to "update" this server. Main restrictions for this would be lack of time, experience and will. But we have a good team here.

I just don't want people to believe "he can make shared exp yay! he can make amazing new and unique stuff no other ot had yay! he can make the server 7.4 yay! he can make it 7.8 full yay!" - It's just unfair for human feelings. RealOTs is and will stay 7.7, limited, good, and made by a professional company.

Just don't get excited if Ruuska (doesn't really knows a lot) says; we can make monsters ignore you if you are under level 10, because that's something that can't happen, because it's impossible without sources. (it's a generalization of what can't be done, and what can).

We don't need uber luber custom server, more gold rate, faster spawn rate and some vocation balancing (which some already implented) is all we need. Shared exp would be fun but it's not a deal breaker if it's not implented.

That's what I dislike, you're saying stuff that are not true, giving people faith, but like you said, time will prove that this realots will be the same as Iryont RealOTs (people kept asking for new stuff, and new, and changes here and there, but it was impossible for him to do such), even in Valhalla we saw all this, even on other RealOTs, there's always people asking for something that can't be done.

Let's say the broadcasting when a player dies, that's something that people might think can only be done with source editing, I believe it was done with a binary checking for recent deaths on the live data. (but I might be wrong about this one).

Ruuska, why do you think there's never been a single realots with increased regeneration rate? ;)

THIS.IS.SO.IRONIC.I.THINK.IM.GONHA.DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom