• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[The Netherlands] RealOTs 7.7 custom client. Launching soon! Playable from the USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly all the noobs crying about gold rates never had to go trough the struggle of REAL Oldschool Tibia or old Realots for that matter. What do you noobs know about grinding rogue game masters for 3 straight hours hoping to upgrade to a plate set? NOTHING!

Clearly all the noobs crying about gold rates never had to go trough the struggle of REAL Oldschool Tibia or old Realots for that matter. What do you noobs know about grinding rogue game masters for 3 straight hours hoping to upgrade to a plate set? NOTHING!
Or maybe they did go through the low gold rate and don't want to do it again, personally 1x, 2x whatever! But i can agree that since the exp is 3x your levels and gold won't really balance out.

Or maybe they did go through the low gold rate and don't want to do it again, personally 1x, 2x whatever! But i can agree that since the exp is 3x your levels and gold won't really balance out.

Well majority of profit isn't made from gold, there's plenty of alternative methods to make money, that's the beauty of this game. The xp rate only makes it that much easier to make money when you take hydra hunts and rune making alone into consideration. If people can't handle a low gold rate than Idk what the hell they're doing on a low rate RL style server to begin with. It's called strategic hunting. Being smart about what you hunt and how to profit best. That's part of becoming a better RPGer. It's the noobs who can't RPG properly that complain about the rates. Instead of changing their hunting methods they want the whole server changed for them. That's not how it works. If you don't like it. Don't play. That's the way I see it.

Last edited:
Well majority of profit isn't made from gold, there's plenty of alternative methods to make money, that's the beauty of this game. The xp rate only makes it that much easier to make money when you take hydra hunts and rune making alone into consideration. If people can't handle a low gold rate than Idk what the hell they're doing on a low rate RL style server to begin with. It's called strategic hunting. Being smart about what you hunt and how to profit best. That's part of becoming a better RPGer. It's the noobs who can't RPG properly that complain about the rates. Instead of changing their hunting methods they want the whole server changed for them. That's not how it works. If you don't like it. Don't play. That's the way I see it.

How I do agree with the fact that it should stay low to keep the rpg feeling, there is one fact you have to take into consideration and that is the fact that the XP is 3x. This means you level up three times faster then on normal tibia. Now picture yourself hunting, soon you're already level 30, while in normal tibia you would be lvl 20? (3 times less xp then 30). This means you would also have the gold income of a guy that is just level 20, because of the fact it;s only 1x gold drop.

This means you only got the gold income of a level 20, while you are already level 30. Normally you would just be 20 with plenty of money for a level 20, but now your XP outlevels your gold income and a unbalance if formed. The gold drop rate should be increased by something to factor in the point that you gain 3 times as many exp as before. Leaving rare loot out of this equation.

How I do agree with the fact that it should stay low to keep the rpg feeling, there is one fact you have to take into consideration and that is the fact that the XP is 3x. This means you level up three times faster then on normal tibia. Now picture yourself hunting, soon you're already level 30, while in normal tibia you would be lvl 20? (3 times less xp then 30). This means you would also have the gold income of a guy that is just level 20, because of the fact it;s only 1x gold drop.

This means you only got the gold income of a level 20, while you are already level 30. Normally you would just be 20 with plenty of money for a level 20, but now your XP outlevels your gold income and a unbalance if formed. The gold drop rate should be increased by something to factor in the point that you gain 3 times as many exp as before. Leaving rare loot out of this equation.

Few possible fixes (assuming admins agree its an issue)

1. Increase total gold drop possible by 3. Rot drops 0-25 normally (2 piles the other can be 0-10 i beleive) so make it 0-75 for one pile, 0-30 for the 2nd. Doesnt automatically give you your gold, but does add some help.
2. Increase sell price of 'lower loots' 3x. A viking helmet normally is 66, increase it to 198.
3. Slightly increase % chance of lesser loots.
4. Slightly tweek rare loots. Skull staff from 6k-8k. Something small.

I always hated the fact that you would take lv 40-80 in dwarf guards and you really would not be able to sustain a few deaths on your character, while normally you would and 1 or 2 deaths wouldnt really set you back. While you exp'd always smart and profitably (I always did) you still would not be able to retain a decent economy to enable you to have a fun /wastey hunt every once in a while without totally screwing your next one. This comes from a guy who mainly plays knight or paladin, always hunts guards or profitable tombs, mintwallin and only drags when much higher lv. My econ was still trash. Sometimes worse than other players who did wastey hunts due to them getting lucky on loot.

what an joke above....... them ideas to tweak the lesser loot :X Ima make aknight and get a 20k oz loot bag and buy aol lvl 40:X

Few possible fixes (assuming admins agree its an issue)

1. Increase total gold drop possible by 3. Rot drops 0-25 normally (2 piles the other can be 0-10 i beleive) so make it 0-75 for one pile, 0-30 for the 2nd. Doesnt automatically give you your gold, but does add some help.
2. Increase sell price of 'lower loots' 3x. A viking helmet normally is 66, increase it to 198.
3. Slightly increase % chance of lesser loots.
4. Slightly tweek rare loots. Skull staff from 6k-8k. Something small.

I always hated the fact that you would take lv 40-80 in dwarf guards and you really would not be able to sustain a few deaths on your character, while normally you would and 1 or 2 deaths wouldnt really set you back. While you exp'd always smart and profitably (I always did) you still would not be able to retain a decent economy to enable you to have a fun /wastey hunt every once in a while without totally screwing your next one. This comes from a guy who mainly plays knight or paladin, always hunts guards or profitable tombs, mintwallin and only drags when much higher lv. My econ was still trash. Sometimes worse than other players who did wastey hunts due to them getting lucky on loot.

Go back to tibianic lol. None of the suggestions make any sense.

Go back to tibianic lol. None of the suggestions make any sense.

Seeing as their goal would be to make it so that, instead of being lv 50, with a lv 30s gold, you would be lv 50 with a lv 50s gold, they make perfect sense. I personally don't care if they are implemented, but the discussion was going towards that topic, thus I put an idea(s) out.

You are getting exp at 3x the nrmal rate. You are getting gold at 1x the nrmal rate (so the normal rate). You have a few ways to balance it (if desired). Increase the drop rate to 3x (so instead of looting 1 viking helm youd loot 3 but that looks stupid), make selling items worth 3x more (you would gain the same amt of items in 1 x hunt, but youd gain 3x the exp. You should be able to figure out the rest) or idk any other way if you want to achieve the same gold on rl tibia per lv that you would here.

If the plan is 2x loot, where is the "sense" in that? 3x exp, but 2x loot... Reason behind the choices of exp and loot are what? Random.

p.s - shitianic? good one ;p

Xyvero is making fun of everyone for having poor english and being stupid.

Xyvero, you're from the US so your english is good, but your ideas are fucking stupid.

200 GPs for a viking helmet?

3x gold drop?

Wow, that'll make this server really RGPish.

Xyvero is making fun of everyone for having poor english and being stupid.

Xyvero, you're from the US so your english is good, but your ideas are fucking stupid.

200 GPs for a viking helmet?

3x gold drop?

Wow, that'll make this server really RGPish.

Ok fine, you have your opinion.

Now go ahead and PLEASE tell me how the gold rate effects the "rpg" aspect of the server? Rpg is made BY the players. Not by the server. You can have an "rpg" server like tibianic (or realots) and do 0 "rpg'ing" in it. I will bet my life that at most, 10 people are going to play completely peaceful here and not cause issues and actually "rpg" like White Rose does(did) on shitianic.

Back to what I want to ask you, please tell me exactly why a 2x loot drop rate, is better or more 'rpg' ish than a 3x? If you are able to demonstrate a logically sound argument that PROVES your point (not just saying because i said so) I wont post on this thread again. The fact is, there is no right or wrong loot rate to increase rpg. Rpg is made by the players, nobody else. Clearly you never have "rpg"d. The point of 3x, is to balance your exp:gold ratio. Period. There is no other attempt to fix anything else besides that.

Judging at how quickly people get hostile towards PROPOSALS on this server, I bet war within 1 month and a small population when its done because it wont have been for the right reasons. happy not wasting time on this one :D

Also, when did I "make fun of everybody" for their english? I made 1 comment towards Micke use of the word "retard" because he (among 1000000s of other people) use it incorrectly. Where was the part I made fun of him though?

Stupid to raise gold and loot, you just think in a level based way.

You have to think timebased and profit based,
would be bad to profit at dragons on just gold?
Would it be stupid to use 2 hours on making 20k selling maces and viking helmets?

Stupid to raise gold and loot, you just think in a level based way.

You have to think timebased and profit based,
would be bad to profit at dragons on just gold?
Would it be stupid to use 2 hours on making 20k selling maces and viking helmets?

No your totally right about the profiting on gold. It doesn't matter if you profit on gold, rares or non rares. Profit is profit. But for a fact, having a 3x gold drop rate alone will not be enough to make you profit/able to hunt always. Especially the monsters that dont depend on gold. I.E - minotaurs. You get 3x less minotaur Gp than rotworm Gp (on a 1x lootrate) but the advantage to minos was making the lootbag. Now your basically weakening loot dropping monsters (not rare drop ones) and buffing monsters like ghouls, dragons, hydras, Dls etc etc. Monster like guards, minos, elves all become less beneficial for any voc to hunt than others who may now be better due to their 2x increase in gp.

Increasing gold favors certain monsters. Increasing loot drop favors other certain monsters. Why would you want to do that? Create an imbalance between gold/loot. If you wanted to spend time making lootbags, you should be rewarded. That's how tibia always was. Lootbags were not necessary to profit, but they always added more if you desired to take them.

okey lets make something clear here. Higher gold rate does NOT mean you loot mpa in every rotworm. get over yourselves. change is good. that's why it's 3x and not 1x.

Everyone is crying and trying so hard to decide on what's best for the economy.

Why not just leave everything 1x as a CIP Server? lmfao

okey lets make something clear here. Higher gold rate does NOT mean you loot mpa in every rotworm. get over yourselves. change is good. that's why it's 3x and not 1x.
Thank you for clearing up the obvious.

Example for autismals;
-You kill a rotworm
-instead of it dropping 0-17 gp, it will instead drop 0-34 GP.
-Mace/katana/copper shield drop rate will remain 1x/hard to get
o_O

Seriously, for the third time:
2x gold and 1x loot is perfect for a long term server. Rare items should be sold to people, not instantly considered for djinn pricing.

Everyone is crying and trying so hard to decide on what's best for the economy.

Why not just leave everything 1x as a CIP Server? lmfao
No one is deciding anything tbh, it's just mindless posting. The only option that makes sense is 2x gold 1x loot.

I did take the 3x xp into consideration. Since you can level faster you can now;
- Make better runes sooner
- Hunt harder mobs sooner
- Do quests sooner
- Use less supplies to gain more experience per hunt.

I've been playing RealOts forever and if this gold rate is anything like the original then it should be just fine. If you're a smart RPGer you wouldn't be hunting monsters that make or break a hunt depending on the gold you loot. That's just a ridiculous hunting scheme. Besides, if they put in Rogue Gamemaster spawns like old Realots then it makes obtaining gold that much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom