• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Ruins of Verda - Ideas & Suggestions

linuxe

Reaction score
So everyone, The Ruins of Verda is under development but I've got some idea I want to share with you and if you have any suggestion on how to improve things and etc, feel free to bring 'em.

So well;
• At first I was thinking that this server won't be one of those 3-4x exp servers, but I wanted a fun feeling where I hope to eliminate some of the botters, also the penalty for botting would be an instant deletion, no warning to scare away some of the botters.
• And about the trainers, there will be none, instead I was thinking more of a training system. What's that? You'll probably wonder, and my thoughts were, you'll start with three training packs, more or less expensive - Novice, Intermediate and Expert, of course the novice one is free and is really just a way of making the beginners get their lazy ass to Central Ortho to get it, whilst the Intermediate and Expert ones will cost a fair amount of money, I wondered what the starting skills, magic level was going to be and I thought this forumal was quite reasonable; in the novice pack, Knights are given the skills 30/30 in the given weapon skill with magic level 1, Paladins 35/20 and magic level 5, Mages magic level 15.
The Intermediate pack, Knights; 55/55 with magic level 3. Paladins; 65/40 with magic level 8. Mages; Magic level 40
And the Expert pack, Knights 80/80 with magic level 5. Paladins; 90/60. Mages; Magic level 70. Of course your now thinking, "What happens if the Knight manages to get magic level 3 before the intermediate pack?" and I'm way ahead of you. If the vocation manages to gain the skill/magic level before he purchases the pack, that skill with higher level then the pack itself remain unchanged.
• While this server is settled to be underground only, the old money system will stay, gold coins never get old, eh?
• The vocation system is also the same, and the promotions aswell, but I've gotten tired of the old "Go-to-the-king-with-20k-to-get-promotion" thing, so I've "improved" the promotion deal, you'll be handed a quest by the Prince of Ortho, since the King got lost in the war at Verda, I won't spoil the quest, but you'll be handed a piece of Jewellry owned by the ancient god Izael, sacrifice this jewellry at Ortho East Wing sanctuary and you'll be promoted.
• Since I won't spoil diffrent quest locations etc, there will be a huge libary for readers to enjoy, I plan to invade you with diffrent stories on the continent of Verda which will make you wish you lived when the flowers still grew.

And you might have noticed I didn't post any magic level rate, exp rate or skill rate, that's because I haven't decided, but what I have in mind is:
Skills: 4x
Magic: 3x
Exp: 35~ish

Feel free to add, change, suggest, comment, rate, this is just some thoughts from now.

Thanks.

EDIT 1:

Woops new idea.

I was sitting here thinking about the money system...
Instead of looting like 80 gold coins in a dragon for example, I'd like to suggest a less complicated money system, where the value of gold coins etc has rosen.
If you looted 80 gold coins in a dragon, I would change it to a less amount of maybe... 3 gold coins?

Of course the prizes are going to be pretty "cheap" on the items, if a crossbow was 120 gold, I would consider like... 15 gold coins for a crossbow.

Not only do some merchants deal in money, but some merchants might also sell their items for rare monster loot, and some merchants might ONLY sell their items for rare monster loot.

What do you think?

EDIT 2:

i3cjmp.png

Quest idea I had the other day;
Cementary of Lost Heroes.
[Ignore the mapping]
You go through a maze of mayhem finding a platform big enough for five players, when you it, your teleported inside the Cementary of Lost Heroes, introducing you to the old history of Ortho before anyone sat their foot on the grounds of the enormous caves.

You will battle furious creatures and kings, who have ressurected from their tombs.
Each "boss" is summoned by pressing the statue in the picture above.

There are 17 bosses, they all have their own difficulty and having a balanced team of healers, tanks and dps will win the battle against the heroes from ancient past.

This will be TRV's equivalent of the Annihilator.

As I might have mentioned before, I expect TRV to be clean of these "big" real tibia quests, instead I'll have my own trademark quests.

Anyone up for the idea? Something you'd like to do instead of the Annihilator?

EDIT 3:

TRV storyline
During hard times people sacrifice their most previous belongings for the greater good.
I was only nine years old when the war cut loose and the soldiers of Myera lost control of the city.
My father, the king of our country, Verda, had the choice to sacrifice his most precious thing in the world to save our kingdom, that choice was me.
The forces behind this war, the Rymathists, called themselves the saviours of Izael, their god of terror and destruction, a religion they follow in extreme matters.
I was the biggest threat to them due to my excellent skills in both combat and war strategies.
Their oracle had predicted a future where I would lead the forces of Verda to a victory against the Rymathists and they made a deal with my father, to stop the attack against Verda and keep their current parts of the country... in exchange for me.

At first I was sent to the eastern part of Verda where they train their soldiers to become deadly war-machines. The idea they had was to use my extreme talents to lead their soldiers to the destruction of Verda, I knew the Rymathists weren't going to hold their part of the deal...

After struggling against them starting a new war against the citizens of Verda, they decided to give up the hope by turning me against them and sent me to the sea, far away from Verda and mankind.
The boat stopped by a small island with a house on it, I stepped out of the boat to find her, Eve. She told me not to be afraid, for weeks she provided food and shelter for me to survive, but I never felt safe enough to sleep with the presence of her.

By the first impression you could never tell she was one of them, and by the time you could never know how easy they could turn you into thinking like them.
Suddenly one day Eve said to me with a calm tone in her voice, surprisingly calm, "it's time".

She led me down a small hole, big enough for us to climb down through. The caves were tight, you could tell from there that we weren't alone in this cave, and I can tell you know that I've never experienced such fear in my whole life.

After walking through the caves, we found a stone stair and she led me up through it. What I saw when I came up through the stair was an altar, "now you will become one of us" Eve told me and grabbed my hand, leading me to the altar, I suddenly noticed the brick walls and the priest standing in front of me, I was in a church.

"Do you accept Izael's faith?" the priest asked me. I couldn't say anything but yes, when you fear for your life your only hope is to survive, no matter what your asked to say.
The priest nodded against Eve and pulled up a dagger, he grabbed my arm and sighed quietly, suddenly he cut a cross on my forearm and spread some black type of fluid in the wound.

After the procedure was done, he gave me a book and a necklace and told me the words I will never forget "welcome to Ortho my son, don't dissapoint me now".​

Back