• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The rules of otservlist

Znote

<?php echo $title; ?>
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Znote
Aight... I can't find it.

Searching the website, I manage to find FAQ. But I can't find anything closer to rules than that.

I heard afk'ing is not allowed any longer. It is recommended to stay away from placing no-logout titles in training room.

I want to know, what is the max limit you are allowed to have kicktime on?
( idleKickTime = 15 * 60 * 1000 )

Am I allowed to leave it at 120 minutes?
What are the MC-farm rules?

Btw, Xinn, are you considering updating your download page?
Open Tibia Server - Download

Any help is appreciated.

15 mins max kicktime
no logoutzones = delete them
Afk script = can be used, but not need unless u have no logout zone and high kick time

Where can you see this? Link to the rules please.

We do not accept servers with modified/false informations (i.e. number of online players, record and uptime). Usually such servers are instantly detected and banned from otservlist including ip.

Adding login servers (summing online players from a few servers) and counting quit players (e.g. on trainers on non logout zones) is also prohibited. You can also be banned for faking other servers (e.g. same name or website)!

Servers violating our rules will be banned for 30 days.

To shortshort ;ddd

Yes but that quote tells nothing about afk'ing without x-logging.

They do not give us any specific value of how big they allow the idlekicktime to be.

That quote is not sufficient.

well read otservlist section. You can see for ur self ;o

but there was a thread where he pointed out 15mins kick time, but someone deleted it.

So, every server on otservlist are suppose to stick their eyes to otland - otservlist section to closely pay attention to everyone of Xinn's post else they risk of getting their server banned.

Shouldn't there be a properly section at his website where people can read the rules?

I would hate to get my server banned because of some secret rule that only a few people knew of.

Yo, when you add or edit servers there are some rules if you check it carefully.

@up

Aight, and those rules are:
We do not accept servers with modified/false informations (i.e. number of online players, record and uptime). Usually such servers are instantly detected and banned from otservlist including ip.

Adding login servers (summing online players from a few servers) and counting quit players (e.g. on trainers on non logout zones) is also prohibited. You can also be banned for faking other servers (e.g. same name or website)!

Servers violating our rules will be banned for 30 days.

Sorry, no help there either!

Alright, I searched through all of Xinn's posts (Even the deleted ones...). And I found this:

I think it's ridiculous that Xinn makes such rules.

"and counting quit players (e.g. on trainers) is also prohibited."

lol? Seriously?.

Tell me what is the difference between xlogged players and NPCs on the map? Maybe we should start counting NPCs as logged players?

Half of Servers got idle time xxx, if he bans them all then he can say goodbye to half of the servers.
I will risk anyway. It is time to clean a list from such servers...

It seems like he will go against servers that got idle time on xxx (meaning higher than 99).

However, he does not mention that 15 is max limit, or 30, or 99. He only seem to agree to "Clean a list from such servers [Who got idle time xxx(half of servers)]".

Last edited:
Well i would't risk going for higher than 90mins afk time. But you'r choice.

But if u are gone put high afk time, than u might aswell just include the afk script lol ;s

Thats not what I'm talking about, and thats inaccurate.

Rules are suppose to be specific. There should be no risk. Either you are on the good side, or you are not.

Running an OT server on otservlist should not be a gambling game!

I bet Xinn enjoys this.

Thats not what I'm talking about, and thats inaccurate.

Rules are suppose to be specific. There should be no risk. Either you are on the good side, or you are not.

Running an OT server on otservlist should not be a gambling game!

I bet Xinn enjoys this.

If you don't like it - just stop using it :p

It's Tibia so allowed times are 15 minutes afk time and 1 minute x-log kick time (without battle signs).

I agree with you that rules should be more clear and written on website but otservlist is private page - it's Kingdom of Xinn and he can even ban you without reason.

Install my afk-script and you will be 90% banproof :)

I bet Xinn doesn't. He is mature and fair person.

If you don't like it - just stop using it :p
How can I know if I like the rules when I can't see it? :S
And I will try not to stop using it. I feel its important to follow the rules.
It's Tibia so allowed times are 15 minutes afk time and 1 minute x-log kick time (without battle signs).

I agree with you that rules should be more clear and written on website but otservlist is private page - it's Kingdom of Xinn and he can even ban you without reason.

I bet Xinn doesn't. He is mature and fair person.

There got to be a reason why Xinn has refused the though "hey, lets make a accurate rules page so we can reduce our server banning!".

Install my afk-script and you will be 90% banproof :)
Your AFK script has no relation to this thread. I am not asking for ban protection, I am asking for more accurate rules.

Kicktime at 15 minutes? I don't mind that at all. But I want it to be declared somewhere!

What I don't like is that, he has hosted otservlist for 5++ years? And still haven't managed to scratch up a page displaying rules. Only a small FAQ.

Last edited:
Then switch to a better list. There are several others around, vapus, otstatus, otslist etc.

If the server owner stop adding their server to otservlist, the site will die.

Well truth be told, as i posted few months ago. I'll post again, it will take major time before a new ots list will grow like otservlist.org

This is the only servlist that brings many players to "your" server. Mainly because it has alot more visits than any other related open-tibia forum, if im not wrong ofcourse.

So, it's you'r choice, even thought i agree the rules should be clear and in even big bold letters, but as u can read from all other threads, a lot of stuff is explained how it works with kick/afk time Etc..

Regards,
Anco.

If he doesn't want to post any rules at all, he's allowed to do so.
If he wants to display fuck you as a welcome message, he's able to.
Well, it's not like we can force him do anything, if we don't like it the way it is we should go to another place (I do like it, never got banned while using 15 minutes, not more is needed anyway).
And he doesn't display fuck you + fat mama picture so, I guess he's a nice guy lol.

But I do agree that rules should be a lil bit more clear.

A huge good old DDoS might make him realize otherwise (yes, it's also the reason why many site 4chan, otland and many others are popular today).

Dunno if I should make a new thread about this but, in config.lua, I just need to have to change
Lua:
idleKickTime = 15 * 60 * 1000
Or is it something else? (Working for those who logg of at training room, they get kicked after 15 min)

And for those who says that I should use Kula_ script(source codes) - I will answear here: I sux at Complie (always getting errors) -.-'

A huge good old DDoS might make him realize otherwise (yes, it's also the reason why many site 4chan, otland and many others are popular today).

Xinn is earning shitloads of money because of the advertisement. I am afraid a huge DDoS won't stop him, only slow him down temporarily.

Back