• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The white city

Well, the last 3 pics are new, i finished them today. Its true, that the venore sprites make up the biggest part of my work, but i always mix em up. The last 3 pics show a completely new style.

And the reason why i always post city maps, is because i want to finish this city one day. I have no other interest except finishing the flooded (venice style) city one day. So yes, my main mapping topic will remain the same for a long time (and i dont like mapping nature). But i try to add variations as much as possible and i think there are many ways for adding variability. People focus mostly on different sprites, but its simply not everything. The archtecture/geography, the way you place streets, the way bridges connect buildings... it all can be done in a variety of ways; change it a little bit and you get a new style; it will look same but somehow different.

So if you say, that i am posting the same things all the time, then this is not 100% true. The mappig topic is always the same, true; but the style and shape is always different.

Cheers.

Ps: i was trying to use other city sprites from time to time, but its very hard to map with them the way i want to map; the other sprites are simply not numerous and variable enough. You have wall, window, door...this is just not enough for me to create the city look i want. So when use other sprites, i try to mix em up with venore sprites. But here us another problem: not all city sprites go well with venore sprites, so meine wahloptionen are oncecagain limited :/

Its not like i am maping cuz i want to become a good mapper. I map with the sole intention of creating a city that looks like venice.
He's not telling you it's bad. But since it's the same style all over the place it's kinda boring to see all areas of the city.
It would be cool to just point out important and special areas and I personally think that as well. I want to be attracted by unique ideas or at least different kind of content/styles. In your signature you state that you're getting better page after page, I currently don't see that. But it implies that you're willing to improve. To try out something else does not prevent you from finishing your city but might even open up another perspective that helps you to make it even better. Just step it up a little more and suprise us.

Anyways, keep them coming and try to put all your creativity into a piece!

@eiserne festung is a legend himself. I remember how he first introduced me to the former German Open-Tibia forum and later to Otland. I learned a lot from working with him back in the days and I'll never forget that.
I wouldn't be here today without him and I still believe he is one of the best mappers out there.

Last edited:
Unbenannt.png
Post automatically merged:

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt.png

couldnt decide what screen is better :/

I was walking through the city and realized that none of the buildings are similar to each other, they have different styles and colors. so i decided to make smthing in this manner. just put some different styles together and see what happens. i think the outcome is decent, what do u think?

Last edited:
I didn't like that variety of different roofs and walls, it's not my style.

Each city or town has to have its own characteristic, just like Tibia Global, Thais uses a pattern, Carlin another pattern, Venore another pattern and so on.

I just liked the way you keep the walkable environment cleaner, without too much dirt.

well i understood that you dont like it, but its not like i am mapping only for you.

btw i am working on some white walls atm

For me this is not about details and style. It's about color compositions, transitions and how to fit all together.
I personally think this is not a good piece overall and does at least not please my eyes. It probably was an experiment but in my opinion it failed pretty much at this stage.
However, at least you tried to come up with something new, I really respect that.

Keep it up. And I hope you'll show another one soon.
Cheers

Back