• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The white city

well i understood that you dont like it, but its not like i am mapping only for you.
Post automatically merged:

btw i am working on some white walls atm

With repeating my previous message I tried to show you in a friendly way that it feels like you kinda posted the same pieces again. (which you kinda did with minor changes)
Like Blackstone already explained you tried something new the first time and it didn''t felt like a success.... and after posting the "same" images again I don't know what to say.

As long as you like your pieces it's totaly fine.... but.... compared to older pictures you dropped in quality.

Honestly, your original white city work was very inspiring and helped me understand architecture when I finally decided to start mapping literally only a month ago. I loved it, and while there was alot that could be improved, such is the nature of all pieces and art in general.

There will ALWAYS be room for improvement, and I do believe that when the masses point out that things are starting to fall short, maybe you should try a new approach? Not hating on your new stuff at all, because funny enough I agree with Neon's post about bring out new aesthetics. It's true, there's some neat ideas there to be learned from and can be expanded on, but truly man, when you mesh too much it becomes beyond abstract.

I respect your attempt but I think you should take the pointers and grab what you learned from the experiment. Maybe try again with more cohesive sprites or a smaller palette? Vanilla or custom, heck, if you want me to recolor and texturize some CiP sprites for you I will! Just shoot me a DM, takes less than half an hour to do! Because I can easily see your latest work being a lot better if the color schemes were more complimentary instead of overly contrasting.

You're a good mapper dude, keep it up and I hope to see more variety from you in the future

Okay, i am back to my white city. Hope to finish it in few years.

Made some update on one of the quarters + put some additionsla buildings and streets.

Heres how it looked before:

vorher.png

Ok, this is now,

click on pics for better quality view!

erweiterung1.png

erweiterung2.png

mit boot.png

With or without boat?

Last edited:
Okay, i am back to my white city. Hope to finish it in few years.

Made some update on one of the quarters + put some additionsla buildings and streets.

Heres how it looked before:

Ok, this is now, click on pics for better quality view!

View attachment 55566

View attachment 55567

View attachment 55568

With or without boat?
Now this is the shit that people wanted to see man. Not that it's back to your white city, but your skill is shining again.

With boats for sure, maybe play around with diff docks to make them less run down and more regal/classy like the rest of the city? My thoughts.

Looks epic as fuck though and I'm hyped to see more my dude!! 👌

Now this is the shit that people wanted to see man. Not that it's back to your white city, but your skill is shining again.

With boats for sure, maybe play around with diff docks to make them less run down and more regal/classy like the rest of the city? My thoughts.

Looks epic as fuck though and I'm hyped to see more my dude!! 👌

Thanks for feedback, but what do you mean with diff docks? different docks?

Thanks for feedback, but what do you mean with diff docks? different docks?
Yeah sorry. My slang is too alien for people, I keep forgetting 😂

Exactly, try upgrading the docks so they look the same type of wealth as the rest of its surroundings. As they are right now they're kinda like slums docks (in my personal opinion only). Could just be me but I'm trying to picture different ideas and I think they could work

Okay, here is the last one for today. In the coming days I ll post more. And later I will show you the overview over the city.... trust me... its god damn huge.... and still not finished.

And please click on the pic, cuz they are always somehow not "sharp".

erweiterung3.png

Btw, I lend this "statues+pillars+grass+trees" structure from Shirako, hope he doesnt mind it!

Okay, I have added some buildings north and west from the market. Some are copy pasted, some are new, but i ll post both anyway, cuz I think the atmosphere is amazing. Just imagine you would live in such an area? Majestic european style buildings, you can hear a river flowing nearby, few people are going on the streets, not too much, not too crowded, not too noisy, but also not completly empty. Some children are playing football, some elders are sitting outside drinking tee. You can hear muffled speech coming from a little market and cafe nearby, but its also not too loud. The weather is hot, you dont want too move, you just sit it on your balcony and look at the streets or over a sea of blue roofs to the horizont.... Damn isnt it awesome?

neues viertel.png

neu und alt.png

markt erweiterung.png

überblick.png

The building right with the golden statue was done by nocturno, i copied it, cuz its cool. credits to him.

And dont forget the statues....they are watching at you silently, when you look away. And at night they wake up and walk through the streets and on the roofs. So at night, when you hear "tok tok tok tok" over you, then it might be a statue walking on your roofs. Or if you wake up at night and look out of your window and see a lonely person walking slowly down below you on the street, then it might be one of those statues. And maybe the statue will stop, the dim light of the street lantern will start to flicker and then go ou, then the statue will slowly turn its head in your direction and look directly in your eyes, but you wont be able to see anything in its face, because its so dark, notheless you will know that its looking at you with its grey eyes!

Last edited:
Working on this atm. This is just a half of a new street i am currently making. I will show you the whole piece when its finished.
I think this is the best faccade i have created so far.... Just searching for a proper ground/decorations to make it look good. Still dont know whether to add water or just make a normal street.

Btw, I think the giant pillars make it look more like rennaissance, dont you think?

neu.png

The architecture is just amazing! In that part it would be great a greenery to put some color variation and to make it more "alive".

The architecture is just amazing! In that part it would be great a greenery to put some color variation and to make it more "alive".

Yes, it would definetly look very asthetic and give it a "happiness" vibe, but i mapped the rest of the city either in swampy style to give it a more decadent/melancholic look or sand style, cuz i lacked alternatives. i cant put much green stuff here, cuz it simply wont fit the rest :/

Yes, it would definetly look very asthetic and give it a "happiness" vibe, but i mapped the rest of the city either in swampy style to give it a more decadent/melancholic look or sand style, cuz i lacked alternatives. i cant put much green stuff here, cuz it simply wont fit the rest :/
Well, maybe you could add some plants with a dark and/or pastel color to maintain the main feeling of your city. Furthermore, a garden without maintence - and with dead plants - should do the trick aswell. Looking forward to see this piece complete!

I really wanted to create this "big busy, noisy city" feeling. What do you think, does it look like one?

I dont why, but the first pic looks somehow "pale" and without much sontrast, i dont know why my screens are like this sometimes... :/ click on it for better quality.

neu.png

neu2.png

neu3.png

I think that because of the walking citizens, merchants and visitors of the city, the streets look a big over detailed.
The street also goes further east, but the details arent finished there yet :/ I really takes time for me to make all those details.

What do u think, would u like to live in such city?

damn... just opened RME to make make a better screens and now all citizens are gone.... is there any way to prevent them from getting deleted?

neu1t.png

Ok. some sharper screens, but now without the citizens and merchants... :/neu222.png

Last edited:
quick question

the city looks good
but does it even look good ingame?
since the houses are really really big

quick question

the city looks good
but does it even look good ingame?
since the houses are really really big
I have posted screens in the past and the high buildings there looked good, check out the previous pages.... These buildings are maybe 2-3 lelvels higher, so i rly dont know. I was planing to ask sombod to make some screens for me later. I ll post them then here

The Snow Village

View attachment 48538

View attachment 48544

View attachment 48539

View attachment 48540

View attachment 48541

It seems that I can attach only 5 files. I will continue in the next post!

The Snow Village

View attachment 48545

View attachment 48546

The Autumn Village

View attachment 48547

View attachment 48548

View attachment 48550

View attachment 48552

View attachment 48551

The Autumn Village

View attachment 48555

The Flooded City

View attachment 48556

View attachment 48557

View attachment 48558

View attachment 48559

The Flooded City

View attachment 48560

View attachment 48561

One big thanks to Andreew, who have made some ingame pics for me, cuz I was to stupid to set up a server myself! ! !

Idk if its that city but at the end you made a well job here

Back