• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The white city

CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR BETTER QUALITY !

556QyWL.png

I know there are some Problems with the Roof, but it Always happens when using this Roof. Also i didnt know how to add snow of the Roofs, so i did it this way. Not perfect, but well…. there are no ice covered Roof sprites.

This time i uploaded it in normal zoom ( ctrg + 0), so dont tell me anything About bad screenshoot Quality. ist the best i can do and i cant set up a Server.

What you see here is supposed to be a Village North of Taurik. Long time ago rare Minerals were found in an old inactive vulcano. These Minerals were never seen bevor, rumors say that when the vulcano errupted it spew unknown and rare Minerals from the deepest parts of earth to ist Surface.

Explorers from Taurik found These Minerals and then an "ore rush" (similar to the Gold Rush in America) begun. Many travelers and Miners from Taurik and some other far away places came to this place and search for the rare Minerals.

Since the old Vulcano is too far away from Taurik, the Miners founded a Settlement near the mines.

The mining continued for some Generations. The first miner Generation that came into town stayed there and founded families and their sons became Miners and also founded families. The City began to grow. And it turned from a mining Settlement to a Little town.

After the Minerals were gone and there was Nothing to mine, some People start leaving the Village. But many also stayed.

The ones who stayed now live from selling robust northern Wood. The City of Taurik Needs a lot of Wood for its ship Armada. Many of the Wood also goes to far away deserts.

Some other villagers live from Hunting animals, like deers, bears, Wolves and snow rabbits and selling their Fur.

Many ice-fisher also live here.

The Village meant to remind of a villages in Alaska or ghost cities in the middle of Amerika.

North west from the Village is the inactive vulcano. North and North east are giant Forests. Farther North are icy mountains, nobody crossed These mountains so far. RUmors say that the mountains are endless, some other rumors say after the mountains Comes an endless frozen desert and some other rumors say that there is a hidden dwarvish City, Deep in the ice mountains. A City full of might and Gold. But These are just rumors…..

But one Thing is known for sure. Some barbarian tribes live in the northers Forests and giant creatures inhabit the mountains. There are also some Orc tribes in the east.

Cheers

Last edited:
It meant to be a frozen river. The dog sleds use it in winter to fast transport export goods, like fish, fur and wood to the harbor. From then parts go to taurik by ship and others get sold on the market. The market is just near the harbor.

Watch out ! Big Pictures ! Click on Pictures for a better Quality !

QfL8jSf.jpg

iX8lfaZ.jpg

3. On this pic a copied a small piece from Nicolos. you dont see it on this pic very good. But i ll Show it later, when i have more of the area finished. Sadly it was just a cool Thing, that i couldnt came around it, without copying it!

HJBQuM1.png

EADNadn.png

Now some smaller Pictures, so you can see the Architecture better!

ER9kOkT.jpg

E96UouT.jpg

These Pictures mark the south-eastern end of the Little market. If you wanna see this Little market, you must check my latter Posts.
I also tried a new water border, tell me what you think About it. I thought it may look better with that tall Building.
I also dont like the sizes of the two Building. One is too big compared to the other. Dont you think its Looking bad cuz of ut? I think it does, but i hope it only Looks bad from above, ithink a normal Player wouldnt see the difference at all.

Cheers

On this Picture you can see the market and the Harbor. I copied the idea of the cranes in the Roofs from 2rec, credits for this implementation go to him.

ghv1cYV.jpg

I also have the idea of the houses in the south from smbody else, dont remember who.

6YlHliv.png

pNsi5GQ.png

hey, i think i know why all my previous screens were so bad. in the past i took screens without going full screen mode. now i clicked on full screen and then took a screen. look what happened now! the Buildings dont look so diagonal!! i am genious!

diagonal1.png

Last edited:
Gosh, your city mapping is amazing. Imho it would be even better with some small details like tiny stones. It feels more polished with it.
Anyway, great job!!!

Imho it would be even better with some small details like tiny stones. It feels more polished with it.
Anyway, great job!!!

The City employes a huge amount of facility Managers ;) But i will take your critizism to consideration and fire some of them ;)

---

1K7Tv66.jpg

---

erHobgB.jpg

---

sJT6abE.jpg

I am not sure About the diagonal Roofs. it would make sence to cover them with snow, but there are no "snowy Roof" sprites, nor is it possible to use the current snow sprites to cover the Roofs properly.

But i think in game the Roofs wont be visible so much anyway.

I love your architecture... complex built good looking cities are player keeping features

Back