• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TheImaginedServer & TheImaginedClient (custom TFS and Client) - Updated 1/16/2015

Really interesting stuff you've done here flatlander! Would be cool to see some small tutorials on how to implement a couple of the things you've added so that we aren't locked to this distro :p

If I had all the time in the world, I would definitely make tutorials on each and every thing on this list.

But I have very limited time, and though I do enjoy helping other OTLanders, my main priority is making new things, and my upcoming server.

Like I said, if you need something specific that I show I have already done, I would be happy to show you how I did it and at least set you in the right direction.
But I can't just make tutorials for everything, it would take all my free time.

and I got tired of keeping 2 seperate TFS versions (one for github and one for me).

Why would you have to have two different ones? Have you tried using a gitclient? You can keep the same versions, and it would be simple to update, just a command or two and boom, done.... No need to redo each commit....

Why would you have to have two different ones? Have you tried using a gitclient? You can keep the same versions, and it would be simple to update, just a command or two and boom, done.... No need to redo each commit....

Well, if you would read my post, I said I had scripts I do not want to share (ones specific to my server, none of which are included in this thread).
(Mainly things specific to my OTClient, that are specific to the server I am working on)

So that's why I had to keep 2 copies of the TFS.

To your second question, yes I did use gitclient, and I clearly stated It was very annoying to use. (I had many issues where it would refuse to sync the new commits to the github, or say there were changes in files that there were no changes in, or freeze up completely while trying to sync commits, etc)

So to save my sanity, I simply stopped trying to use github.

Well, if you would read my post, I said I had scripts I do not want to share (ones specific to my server, none of which are included in this thread).
(Mainly things specific to my OTClient, that are specific to the server I am working on)

To your second question, yes I did use gitclient, and I clearly stated It was very annoying to use. (I had many issues where it would refuse to sync the new commits to the github, or say there were changes in files that there were no changes in, or freeze up completely while trying to sync commits, etc)

You could just post separate scripts for community use... Something you think is usefull for the whole community, this is very good too.

My bad, I never seen anything about using a gitclient, just github... and you are totally right, I read right over the fact that you have scripts you don't want to release... :(

You could just post separate scripts for community use... Something you think is usefull for the whole community, this is very good too.

Well it is source code. So you can't really share it, you have to make tutorials for it (or just release a new TFS with all the new features)

For example, lets say I added (which I have) the ability for monsters to go up and down stairs.
Well, first I have to go to monsters.cpp and add in new flags to monsters.

Code:
<monsterClimbStairs="1"/>
<monsterTargetUpstairs="1"/>
So you can select if a monster can climb stairs, and if a monster can target upstairs.

But then you also have to edit map.cpp to make it so pathing can find stairs and climb them. (I also edited pathing to make it smarter and faster since monsters now have to path farther and check more tiles on average)

Then you have to edit monster.cpp, make sure monsters don't lose target when something is not on the same floor.

I honestly right now don't even remember all I changed to make this work, but it does work now. (I could find it all if I researched it for a little while, but off the top of my head I don't remember)

Another issue is I probably will have to make new DOC files to explain all the new features. Since just adding in a billion things doesn't help people unless they know how they work and what they can do.

awesome ideas! i really wish some of the features gets carried over to the main release. but i understand if you want to keep them for yourself :)

keep up the good work tho :D

Any updates?
A few, I just added in some new functionality for Distance Effects, and toyed with some Elevation stuff.

I actually reverted the changes on Elevation and will try again
Here is a video showing off one of my earlier tests with the new distance animation functionality:
(You can animate distance effects now, and also choose how fast they shoot)

that is nice.
Sure would like to already use it.

~last week started making magic effect formulas.
Only tools i could use: addEvent, magic effect, distance effect.
Would love to also have option to set effect speed :D

that is nice.
Sure would like to already use it.

~last week started making magic effect formulas.
Only tools i could use: addEvent, magic effect, distance effect.
Would love to also have option to set effect speed :D

It is an OTClient-Only function. If you use it in normal client apparently it sets your character to have 34000 hp, 34000 mana, 248120321 capacity and like some infinite amount of exp when changing the distance speed.

Took time to read your first post.
Did not find anything about chat system in client, is it already in the default client?
Don't know nothing about OT clients x)

Wouldn't it be better to make chat system work like in most games?
when you press enter, then you can start typing message. Pressing enter again it will send the text.

also my server has new spell system. I bypass the spell.xml file and i have a nice global spell config table.
Although its written in tfs 1.0
Either way, if you want to get the scripts pm me, maybe the looks will persuade you to use my method.

Took time to read your first post.
Did not find anything about chat system in client, is it already in the default client?
Don't know nothing about OT clients x)

Wouldn't it be better to make chat system work like in most games?
when you press enter, then you can start typing message. Pressing enter again it will send the text.

also my server has new spell system. I bypass the spell.xml file and i have a nice global spell config table.
Although its written in tfs 1.0
Either way, if you want to get the scripts pm me, maybe the looks will persuade you to use my method.

For the chat box, I plan to have an option to hide it or make it inactive, and only make it appear when you press enter.

I want to make a "Keybindings" window, where you can change all of the current hotkeys of tibia, but to use WASD to move, you have to make the chat box inactive. But i'm not good at working with OTClient UI, so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

hello sorry my English'm using google translator =X
Your work is very good
you could teach how to put that your barrier system

Hello, i'm looking for a way to remove the floor limitations, like if I am on Z 1 I can still see and target monsters at Z 2, can you help me with that? The server Side seems doable (hard but Ok) but the client side seems impossible to me, im checking on OTClient posts but none seems to be helpful.

Back