• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TheImaginedServer & TheImaginedClient (custom TFS and Client) - Updated 1/16/2015

I've been insanely busy lately and actually haven't even been able to get anything done in the past 2 weeks.

I'm moving and won't be done for at least another 3 weeks.
Sorry that this update was delayed!
I will post here once everything is ready and GitHub has been updated to the newest version.

I have added HUGE amounts of things recently to my version of TFS.

This is not a dead project (Even if the Github isn't kept up to date... at all...)
I have decided, instead of using Github, I might just start a huge "How To" series, and just start showing how to do all of my edits yourself.
(If it is easy to do it in TFS 1.0, I'll show how to do it there too).

If you have any requests of what you would like the first How To Tutorials to be about (from the list, don't just make up shit) let me know and I'll consider it.

If I am busy one week I will just do something easy, if I have more time I'll show how to do something harder.
Also! If you would like something added to the list, PLEASE let me know, my goal is to some day release the most functional TFS in existence.

It's a discussion thread, for people to suggest additions to TFS or talk about what I have already added, and I update which features have been completed and any new ones that have been suggested or that I myself have added.

This thread would be dead if the project no longer existed, as long as the project is being worked on it isn't a dead thread.

NPCs and Monsters now have Inventory, and NPCs now save to the SQL so you can save what items NPCs have and how much money they have made.

It's cool information.

Can you explain what do you mean, monsters can have(equip inventory like player?) inventory?

It's cool information.

Can you explain what do you mean, monsters can have(equip inventory like player?) inventory?

Monsters and NPCs have the same inventory slots as players.

Amulet, Helmet, Backpack, Left Hand, Armor, Right Hand, Ring, Legs, Arrow Slot, Boots.
They can also have backpacks and place items in their backpacks.

Also, when they equip items, it will run the movements scripts for that item. So if a monster equips a Stone Skin Amulet, they will have the effects.

o_O really good implement ;)

I have idea about slots, can you add new slots to the server and client(disable new slots in config?) and show How to?

o_O really good implement ;)

I have idea about slots, can you add new slots to the server and client(disable new slots in config?) and show How to?

I actually added a Torch Slot and extra Ring Slot already.

When adding slots in the client, you also have to add the slots in TFS. Update movements, and some other things.

Maybe in the future i'll think of a good way to turn on/off slots and have it update the OTClient when you change the TFS Config.
I have added this idea to the list.

Good, thanks :)

When I making my own server I met the problem with animated distance shoots, is there any chance to make animated shoots in server/clients?

Good, thanks :)

When I making my own server I met the problem with animated distance shoots, is there any chance to make animated shoots in server/clients?

Oh like a distance animation, that is also animated?

I tried that too and it isn't currently working, it shouldn't be hard to do..

One thing I was thinking of doing is make a "Timed Distance Shoot"

So for example you'd do doSendDistanceShoot(pos1, pos2, effect, time)

doSendDistanceShoot(pos1, pos2, effect, 1000) -- Takes 1 second to go from pos1 to pos2
doSendDistanceShoot(pos1, pos2, effect, 5000) -- Takes 5 seconds to go from pos1 to pos2

This way you could have slower projectiles. Then if I also added in Animated Projectile Support it could look really nice.
I think I'll add this to the list.

Oh like a distance animation, that is also animated?

I tried that too and it isn't currently working, it shouldn't be hard to do..

One thing I was thinking of doing is make a "Timed Distance Shoot"

So for example you'd do doSendDistanceShoot(pos1, pos2, effect, time)

doSendDistanceShoot(pos1, pos2, effect, 1000) -- Takes 1 second to go from pos1 to pos2
doSendDistanceShoot(pos1, pos2, effect, 5000) -- Takes 5 seconds to go from pos1 to pos2

This way you could have slower projectiles. Then if I also added in Animated Projectile Support it could look really nice.
I think I'll add this to the list.

Will be really nice If you add something like this what you say;)

Will be really nice If you add something like this what you say;)

May be, :) I probably wouldn't use it myself though.

To make an animated Distance Effect, You'd have to make the animation in all 8 directions. That would make any spriter murder you if you asked for that lol. Also it would be expensive to pay a spriter to do.

,aybe improve client speed with packet repetition on press and hold button...

limit packet per second each client can send.

^^^^

@Flatlander You keep saying you have these intentions and mentality, but if you're so deadset on making this for the community, why don't you publish the opensources on a site like Github? I don't know, maybe us OOP coders could produce more efficient code on your platform when bored, or out of work.

I did have it on github, but I hate the interface and never kept it updated. it's still there if you want to look at the old code.

https://github.com/Flatlander57/

github's interface is too annoying for me to deal with, and I do include code that is specific to my servers, and I got tired of keeping 2 seperate TFS versions (one for github and one for me).

But like I said, if you want anything added to this, let me know and I will add it to the list. Some day it will be done and released.

If you want anything done for you right now, or want help with something I already show is done on the list let me know.

Really interesting stuff you've done here flatlander! Would be cool to see some small tutorials on how to implement a couple of the things you've added so that we aren't locked to this distro :p

Back